New SkyRealms of Jorune fanzine!
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:03 am 

Not sure how many die hard Jorune fans there are out there. I've been a member of the Jorune Yahoo group for years. Good news is that there is some activity afoot.

Joe Adams has just launched a new fanzine called "Segment: Sho-Caudal." Joe as many of you may know contributed to 3rd edition Jorune, The Gire of Sillipus, Sobayid Atlas and many of the past fanzine efforts. More recently he released the Gomo Guide:Thoneport.

Segment: Sho-Caudal will continue the Jorune segment from the the old White Wolf magazines. Just got the first issue and its very nice.

Website is here: Skyrealms of Jorune - Return to Jorune

There is also a link to a bunch of free Jorune resources. One of my many longer term desires has been to write an adventure for Jorune. I'm not sure if work will ever let me do that, but you never know.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 pm 

What's a good starting place for Jorune, HermitFromPluto?  I never got into it BITD.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:58 pm 

Try and pick up a nice second edition set. I always liked that the best:

SkyRealms of Jorune - The Acaeum Wiki

Incidentally, there is a set on Ebay with a Maustin Caji in it. That is an extremely rare supplement. I've only ever seen one or two before on ebay in all these years.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:53 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm the one who nabbed that Maustin Caji auction :). And grodog, the second edition box set is absolutely the place to start. When you get it, start by reading the Tauther Guide, which is written as a sort of guidebook. The illustrations by Miles Teves are out of this world, and the text really conveys the strangeness of the world. The Ardoth companion is also very good...but it's pricey these days.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm 

I'm excited for the new fanzine for sure. I have PDFs (*ahem*) of the old zines which circulate pretty freely, but have not been able to track down physical copies. I would love to one day.