Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:04 pm 

Acaeum,

I have a few Ral Partha dragons (of the large variety) which I'm looking to have professionally assembled and detailed/painted.  Does anybody here have anybody they would recommend?  If possible, I'd like to go with someone within the United States (due international shipping time and cost).

-Skull

“When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!” -Winston Zeddemore

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm 

IIRC Egg of Coot on DF does commissions, as does Rob Wheeler in the Old School Miniatures group on FB @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/339877386089536/

I imagine that Blackmoor's wife, Angela, does commissions too?

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 am 

Let me see if my Cousin is not busy. I'll get some examples of her work. She's in Texas

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:08 am 

Fantastic, thanks guys.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:09 am 

She just got back with me and isn't going to have any time for a long while (Con Season). She's switched to doing mostly costumes anyway - i didn't know until now. She did say that she follows a lot of Pros on Facebook and they are pretty easy to find if Grodogs recommends don't work out. Good Luck!

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:51 am 

Skullhammer wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:Acaeum,

I have a few Ral Partha dragons (of the large variety) which I'm looking to have professionally assembled and detailed/painted.  Does anybody here have anybody they would recommend?  If possible, I'd like to go with someone within the United States (due international shipping time and cost).

-Skull

Check the FB group "Old School Miniatures." There are a lot of folks on there who do really amazing paint jobs.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:19 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:Acaeum,

-Skull

Are you talking about dragons like Gauth and dragons like that?  Woo!  Those would be very difficult to ship assembled and have the dragon stay together.  It's not impossible, but it would be difficult.

I have used Egg of Coot in the past and been pleased with his work.  His prices are also very reasonable, especially for smaller figures.  He doesn't always have the quickest turn around time, but I was never in a hurry, so that wasn't a problem for me.  I also loved the way he painted, his style as he used realistic colors.  I am not sure he is painting as much as he used to.  Finally, he lives in Canada, so that increases your shipping costs, and also wasn't what you requested.

I wish you the best in your search.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 pm 

grodog wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:IIRC Egg of Coot on DF does commissions, as does Rob Wheeler in the Old School Miniatures group on FB @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/339877386089536/

Allan.

Egg did work for me a few years ago, and he is amazing. Pay the extra few dollars to ship it to-and-from Canada...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:18 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:
grodog wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:IIRC Egg of Coot on DF does commissions, as does Rob Wheeler in the Old School Miniatures group on FB @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/339877386089536/

Allan.

Egg did work for me a few years ago, and he is amazing. Pay the extra few dollars to ship it to-and-from Canada...

I third EGG's work and he's willing to barter services for old figs! +1

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:52 pm 

Thanks again for the recommendations!  Does Egg have an email address or website/forum I can go to?

-Skull

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:35 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:Thanks again for the recommendations!  Does Egg have an email address or website/forum I can go to?

-Skull

You can send him a Private Message through these forums.  Address it to "Egg of Coot"
8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:02 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Anyone know a good miniature-painter-for-hire?:Thanks again for the recommendations!  Does Egg have an email address or website/forum I can go to?

-Skull

Speak my name three times and I shall appear.  Seriously though, I'm not around as much as I used to be (trying to remedy that), but I do check in periodically.

As far as painting goes, I'm always willing to take on commissioned work.  You can view some of my work at my (horribly out of date) website which is at www.primevilstudios.com.  I can be contacted at: whippingboyATprimevilstudiosDOTcom.

And thanks for the recommendations above gents, I really appreciate my work being appreciated.

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios provides quality miniature painting at very reasonable prices.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 am 

Sure those are lovely pieces to look at.

It makes me wonder how is the request for this kind of professional painting services nowadays.
It is some hefty aount of time since I did last post on these forums, gents!

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM