The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:17 am 

grodog wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:I'm working up postage quotes tonight and tomorrow, Thom.  

Allan.

Yes please, I will take a pair :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:57 pm 

throwi wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:
grodog wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX: ... I think it's unlikely that we'll run out of copies between now and NTX, and if we do, we'll definitely reprint in time for the show.

Wait, I want first prints.  :-)

Maybe, I need to buy my copy online instead of waiting until NTX...

So, for the record, the copies that we were selling at GaryCon were already second printings, since Tony reprinted the first batch to correct some layout errors.  Any versions of the first issue that we reprint later will have some other minor fixed made too (I want to fix a some minor details in the OSRIC License).

So, the print runs look like this:

Issue #1
- First Printing = 125 copies = none sold to date
- Second Printing = 125 copies = sold at GaryCon and by mail order afterward, etc.

So, if you'd like one of the "True First" printings, we'll happily sell you those too, but know that the content and layout differences are minor (but still improved) vs. the Second Printing.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:28 pm 

grodog wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:
Issue #1
- Second Printing = 125 copies = sold at GaryCon and by mail order afterward, etc.

So, if you'd like one of the "True First" printings, we'll happily sell you those too, but know that the content and layout differences are minor (but still improved) vs. the Second Printing.

Allan.

I'd love a copy or two of each of the printings. First with errors and Second with some clean up.

:D

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:35 pm 

Allan,

I'd love one of each of #1.  :-)

Thanks!

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:40 pm 

One of each for me

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:01 pm 

I'm in for one of each as well.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:33 am 

ditto

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm 

Thanks guys.  I've got postal quotes from USPS.com, need to bring some packages to the post office for official weighing to see if they match up, then we can confirm our shipping rates.  I should be able to get this done today or tomorrow.

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:22 pm 

grodog wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:
throwi wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:
Wait, I want first prints.  :-)

Maybe, I need to buy my copy online instead of waiting until NTX...

So, for the record, the copies that we were selling at GaryCon were already second printings, since Tony reprinted the first batch to correct some layout errors.  Any versions of the first issue that we reprint later will have some other minor fixed made too (I want to fix a some minor details in the OSRIC License).

So, the print runs look like this:

Issue #1

Allan.

Hi Allan, so to verify, ALL the copies sold at Gary Con were "second printings"?  If so I wouldn't mind getting a first.  The reason I ask is this.  I bought multiple copies and the legal copy on the bottom of page 2 states it as a first printing.  You mention layout "errors" and such.  My copies have errors like for example... (only picking on pages 2 and 3 here).

Page 2 column 2 paragraph 1: Should that be "a map" instead of "a maps"?

Legalese copy on the bottom of page 2, OSRICTM in line six as I've typed it rather than the OSRICâ„¢ you have everwhere else using the ALT key shortcut.  Also last line of legalese copy:  You have "write to at".  Should that be "write to us at" followed by the email address you have?

Page 3 column1 last paragraph states "Once they're read"... should that read "Once they've read"? and in same paragraph no comma after bards and such.  (Multiple run-on sentences).

Page 3 column 3 paragraph 2 says "while make progress" should that read "while they make progress"?...  I have just picked on those to see if these were corrections from your stated first to second printing.  Just wanted to verify.  It is an awesome zine and I could edit more, but just wanted to clarify what you meant by modifications to the first and second print if they both state "First printing" in the legalese copy.  Good stuff and I hope to order more from you in the future!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:30 am 

mrmanowar wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:Hi Allan, so to verify, ALL the copies sold at Gary Con were "second printings"?  If so I wouldn't mind getting a first.  The reason I ask is this.  I bought multiple copies and the legal copy on the bottom of page 2 states it as a first printing.  You mention layout "errors" and such.  My copies have errors like for example... (only picking on pages 2 and 3 here).

Yes, if your copy looks like this (note the lack of quotation marks on the front page title):

then you have a true first print.

If your copy looks like this (which should be all of the ones sold at GaryCon):

then you have a second printing (despite the booklet stating that it is first printing).

We will undoubtedly do a third printing, to fix other issues that weren't fixed in the second printing (and thank you for pointing the additional ones out, Cory!).  

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:32 pm 

OK Allan, all my copies are in fact second printings then.  Glad to help and I can look over the other pages more carefully if you like.  Keep me in the loop for ordering details of the first printing too please!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 am 

After consulting with the legendary shipping master of Black Blade Publishing, Jon Hershberger, Tony and I have set postage rates for The Twisting Stair #1 as follows:

All prices are in United States Dollars (USD), and we may need to change them with issue #2 (which will probably be bigger than the 16 pages in issue #1), or if I go to the post office and find that our due diligence didn't quite pan out for some reason.

USA DOMESTIC S&H
===============
Envelope Only
- 1 copy @ 2.2 oz.:  1st class large envelope @ $2.50, Priority Flat Rate Envelope @ $7.00
- 2 copies @ 3.8 oz.:  1st class large envelope @ $2.50, Priority Flat Rate Envelope @ $7.00

Envelope + Cardboard Backing
- 1 copy w/cardboard @ 4.3 oz:  1st class parcel @ $3.50, Priority Flat Rate Envelope @ $7.00
- 2 copies w/cardboard @ 5.9 oz.:  1st class parcel @ $4.00, Priority Flat Rate Envelope @ $7.00

INTERNATIONAL S&H
=================
Envelope Only
- 1 copy @ 2.2 oz.:  1st class international large envelope @ $3.75 to CANADA, @ $5.25 to AUSTRALIA, @ $5.25 to HUNGARY
- 2 copies @ 3.8 oz.:  1st class international large envelope @ $4.25 to CANADA, @ $6.25 to AUSTRALIA, @ $6.25 to HUNGARY

Envelope + Cardboard Backing
- 1 copy w/cardboard @ 4.3 oz:  1st class international large envelope @ $10.50 to CANADA, @ $15.00 to AUSTRALIA, @ $15.00 to HUNGARY
- 2 copies w/cardboard @ 5.9 oz.:  1st class international large envelope @ $10.50 to CANADA, @ $15.00 to AUSTRALIA, @ $15.00 to HUNGARY

If you have already placed an order or inquiry, Allan will send you a final total using the above guidelines tomorrow.  

New orders can be placed by sending $4 per issue and using the above postage guidelines to calculate postage due.  You can submit payment via Black Blade Publishing's Paypal account (we'll eventually set up TTS with its own Paypal account) and send payment to [email protected].   If you would like to buy more than 2 copies of The Twisting Stair #1, you'll have to request a postage quote by emailing [email protected], then Tony or Allan will get back to you.

FYI, if you're ordering just copies of TTS, Allan will ship those orders; if you're ordering copies of TTS as well as other Black Blade Publishing books, then Jon is happy to combine shipping for those orders.  

If you have any questions, please post them here, or via the Google+ community at The Twisting Stair - Google+ or the Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/The-Twisting-S ... 931592220/ or email us at [email protected].

Thanks!

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 am 

I emailed everyone this morning who I have an email address for already, and who I thought would NOT be attending NTX.  I have ZERO expectation of running out of either of the two first printings of TTS#1 before NTX.

That said, if you prefer to order TTS#1 (either printing) by mail before NTX, please figure the cost of postage using the data above, and add $4 per copy of TTS#1 that you'd like to buy (please specify how many for each of the two printings), and remit payment via Black Blade's paypal address:  [email protected].

If you have Qs, please ask, or feel free to email us directly at [email protected]

Thanks! :D

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 pm 

Okay, so if we didn't get an email from you, we are expected to pick them up from you at NTX at the BBP booth?  

Works for me.

~throwi

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:07 pm 

throwi wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:Okay, so if we didn't get an email from you, we are expected to pick them up from you at NTX at the BBP booth?  
Works for me.

It's really up to you, Thom, but yes, I only emailed folks directly (thus far) who emailed us about ordering copies.  If you want to buy now vs. at NTX, that's certainly fine, but I figured you'd all want to save some $ on shipping and know that you don't have to worry about missing out on either printing by waiting for NTX.  (And if it looks like we might run out of either of the first printings before NTX, I'll certainly update here and let you know).

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 pm 

grodog wrote in The Twisting Stair #1 - debuts at GaryCon IX:I emailed everyone this morning who I have an email address for already, and who I thought would NOT be attending NTX.  I have ZERO expectation of running out of either of the two first printings of TTS#1 before NTX.

That said, if you prefer to order TTS#1 (either printing) by mail before NTX, please figure the cost of postage using the data above, and add $4 per copy of TTS#1 that you'd like to buy (please specify how many for each of the two printings), and remit payment via Black Blade's paypal address:  [email protected].

If you have Qs, please ask, or feel free to email us directly at [email protected]

Thanks! :D

Allan.

payment sent

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 pm 

Nice I will paypal the inestimable Tacojohn $6.50 for a copy.

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:38 am 

Jason, Scott, and Brett---

Your copies all shipped this morning.  Thanks! :D

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

PreviousNext