SpaceGamer index
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:21 pm 

Howdy -

Does anyone know of a link to an index for SpaceGamer issues? ie an index listing all the issues, with a list of articles in each.

I have a bunch of SG up on ebay right now, and I've been getting a lot of "can you tell me if any issues have articles on (insert obscure game here)", and being able to point them at an index would be very helpful - in place of what I'm doing now, which is flicking through all 45 issues everytime someone asks.

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:39 am 

mdr003 wrote:Howdy -

Does anyone know of a link to an index for SpaceGamer issues? ie an index listing all the issues, with a list of articles in each.

I have a bunch of SG up on ebay right now, and I've been getting a lot of "can you tell me if any issues have articles on (insert obscure game here)", and being able to point them at an index would be very helpful - in place of what I'm doing now, which is flicking through all 45 issues everytime someone asks.

Regards

Mike

I believe that The Maverick might of done this, he released a book a while back....

Brette:)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:45 am 

Yes, the Mav put together a spiral-bound tome called, I believe, "The Space and Fantasy Gamer's Guide" or something similar (I don't have my copy in front of me). It actually has multiple indexes — by magazine, by game system, etc. Space Gamer (along with Fantasy Gamer) was one of six magazines covered.

I haven't checked lately, but there was a time when Mav was selling off some excess stock on eBay. He'd list a handful of copies with friendly BINs that were, IIRC, a little bit lower than the cover price. They were not at all hard to find.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:49 am 

I see that he posts on rec.games.frp.marpetplace still, I spoke to him a while back so he is still around... might get a copy myself so you can metion it if you email him, if you can't find his email address let me know and I'll get it for you...

Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:20 pm 

Thanks very much... sounds like just what I need.

If you have his email address handy Brett, drop me a PM and I'll send off a request for two copies, and send one up to you when they arrive.

Regards

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:15 pm 

I'd like his email, too, thanks :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/