ral partha 11 series miniatures
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 2812, 3, 4, 5 ... 262728
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:59 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
Marlith wrote:Hello,

I won this one a bit ago. Price was considerably lower than most the others that were being sold by the same seller at the same time. Any reason it does not sell for as much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732949043


For some reason Flint is really common (probably produced in the same mold as a real popular guy like Lord Soth or something) I have 3 myself and I haven't even tried, just got as extras in deals.

J


Pardon my lack of knowledge on miniature production...but if he was cast in the same mold as a popular ones would they not be just as common? And who in their right mind doesn't like good old Flint  :)


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:50 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
For some reason Flint is really common (probably produced in the same mold as a real popular guy like Lord Soth or something) I have 3 myself and I haven't even tried, just got as extras in deals.

J





Pardon my lack of knowledge on miniature production...but if he was cast in the same mold as a popular ones would they not be just as common? And who in their right mind doesn't like good old Flint :)




Flint! Sorry, not well liked.  Another common unpopular one is High Bulp.  Possible they were in the same mold.  Lets face it Flint is just not as cool as Soth, Tanis, Drizzt ,Raistlen and most of the ladies

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2018
Location: The Saltmarshes of Michigan

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:40 pm 
 

That was the Flint I was gonna paint, so you're the one who sniped me. :evil: :D

As Blackie said, Flinty is very common. The ebay seller robsfigs usually has one up a month... along with Bupu and the same dozen or so planescapes that seem to be everywhere.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:41 am 
 

Ekim Toor wrote:That was the Flint I was gonna paint, so you're the one who sniped me. :evil: :D

As Blackie said, Flinty is very common. The ebay seller robsfigs usually has one up a month... along with Bupu and the same dozen or so planescapes that seem to be everywhere.


I have 3 flints and 3 Bupu's myself if anyone is looking :D

By the way robsfigs is now miniaturemaster
J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:24 am 
 

Blackmoor wrote:Frank does it again:

2x AD D Ral Partha 11 504 Remorhaz Polar Ice Worm | eBay

Prices are stable and high.

J


:-) That was a prearranged deal with Tav_Behemoth who posted recently in this thread. One guy emailed me through ebay saying the price was a bit too high and if i would sell him one of the two for $ 20 8O   Anyways Behemoth3 Publishing has done a real nice d20 book on Remorhazes and they needed a few for GenCon.

I kinda wish I had kept all 17 Remorhazes that I once had and only sold them now. And the Pit Fiends of course, and the Dragons...

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:24 pm 
 

frankfromgermany wrote::-) That was a prearranged deal with Tav_Behemoth who posted recently in this thread. One guy emailed me through ebay saying the price was a bit too high and if i would sell him one of the two for $ 20 8O Anyways Behemoth3 Publishing has done a real nice d20 book on Remorhazes and they needed a few for GenCon.

I kinda wish I had kept all 17 Remorhazes that I once had and only sold them now. And the Pit Fiends of course, and the Dragons...


Yes Dragons, I need a few, anybody got some for sale?

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:46 am 
 

Listed another couple of minis on ebay: eBay listings

Those minis never seem to run out :-) I've tried 3 or 4 times to end my Partha seling career but always another nice stash of minis turns up somewhere, or there are left overs from cancelled orders etc...

Guess I'll keep up selling them for a time.


Here`s  link to the list of the AD&D minis that i can get you additionally to those in the auctions:
LUH - Error404

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2018
Location: The Saltmarshes of Michigan

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:29 pm 
 

The insanity continues  8O

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

These commons were $5 finds only months ago, I can't believe the prices.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:48 pm 
 

Ekim Toor wrote:The insanity continues 8O

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

These commons were $5 finds only months ago, I can't believe the prices.


Wow, all we need now is a subweb to create even more interest/demand.   :D

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:45 am 
 

VermilionFire wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote:The insanity continues 8O

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

These commons were $5 finds only months ago, I can't believe the prices.


Wow, all we need now is a subweb to create even more interest/demand.  :D



If someone wants to create a subweb I can certainly participate!  Just do it after I complete my set :)

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:05 pm 
 

More closed auctions:

Gibberlings for $ 30+
Ral Partha Ad&d | eBay

hamilcars partha auctions: (Storm Giant $40, Catoblepas $ 28, Rust Monster $ 27, and more..)
Welcome to eBay


Yup prices are definetely rising.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:07 am 
 

Can anyone tell me the approximate height in  mm of the following Ral Partha giants?

02-934 Barbarian Giant          
02-940 Skeletal Giant          
11-436 Frost Giant  
11-440 Cloud Giant

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:20 am 
 

This one should be interesting

Ad&d Miniatures | eBay

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:11 am 
 

Remorhaz price stays high:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 283
Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Last Visit: May 22, 2021
Location: Well, you guess...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:54 am 
 

Blackmoor wrote:This one should be interesting

Extremely Rare Raistlin Ad D miniature Dragonlance | eBay

J


O-kay! That should be a new record.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:26 am 
 

frankfromgermany wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:This one should be interesting
Extremely Rare Raistlin Ad D miniature Dragonlance | eBay

O-kay! That should be a new record.

Two bids at $150 (vs. $2.25 original price sticker). "Interesting" indeed...!

Why are these so rare and/or valuable; or is it just that people love DL? ;)

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:01 am 
 

faro wrote:
frankfromgermany wrote:O-kay! That should be a new record.

Two bids at $150 (vs. $2.25 original price sticker). "Interesting" indeed...!

Why are these so rare and/or valuable; or is it just that people love DL? ;)


I can't believe less Raistlins were produced than Flints by RP so I gotta believe its his greater popularity that drives the price so high.  Raistlin's mini is actually one I bought in the day at MSRP.   :D

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:08 pm 
 

VermilionFire wrote:
faro wrote:Two bids at $150 (vs. $2.25 original price sticker). "Interesting" indeed...!

Why are these so rare and/or valuable; or is it just that people love DL? ;)


I can't believe less Raistlins were produced than Flints by RP so I gotta believe its his greater popularity that drives the price so high.  Raistlin's mini is actually one I bought in the day at MSRP.   :D


Raistlen is just a cool character and this miniature in particular is a very good renditon of him!  My wife who paints miniatures full time gets requests for this one all the time!  Unfortunatly we do not supply the mini they have to send it to her and they are not easy to find.  Loose ones typically go in the $60.00 range so $150.00 for an in package one does not sound unreasonable.

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:11 am 
 

All this talk of Ral Partha series 11 made me decide to check out that old Comic book store.  I know he has a whole wall of stuff he has never sold (at all RPG material is 30% off as well!)

Found 11 unopened packs!  5 or 6 are Planescape, so that is cool.

I'll list them on ebay sometime in the next few days.


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:55 pm 
 

Beyondthebreach wrote:All this talk of Ral Partha series 11 made me decide to check out that old Comic book store.  I know he has a whole wall of stuff he has never sold (at all RPG material is 30% off as well!)

Found 11 unopened packs!  5 or 6 are Planescape, so that is cool.

I'll list them on ebay sometime in the next few days.


Great let me know when they are listed

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 2812, 3, 4, 5 ... 262728