ral partha 11 series miniatures
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 31123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 293031
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:17 am 

Auctions are up: eBay listings

And here´s my list of what else i can get you: http://home.versanet.de/~f-dyck/ralpartha_dws.txt

If you find anything on it that interests you, email me or send me a pm.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:11 pm 

Very rare miniature pack here

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Laurana from Dragonlance, last of the run prior to TSR pulling the license from Ral Partha

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:13 pm 

My wife has painted a Kitiara Uth-Matar from 11-series

This is her favorite female charcter from all the D&D universes, just thought I would share that here :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:39 pm 

That is amazing!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:21 pm 

nah, its just average (it is life size right?)  -   :lol:  :lol: j/k

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:47 am 

I would have thought that a depiction of Kitiara would be more voluptuous.

This one is boyish....very well painted, mind you...but boyish.

I remember the cover of one of the original Dragonlance books...possibly something like, Dragons of Winter That Sucks (or something like that).

The artist had drawn the blue-armored dragon rider with feminine hips and thighs.  (I believe, in fact, that the artist was Larry Elmore, and hips and thighs became his special trademark.)

Anyway, the curvy figure was supposed to be a "hint" of the knight's secret gender surprise.

I never read the book, but the first time I saw the cover I thought, "Whoa!  That dude looks like a chick!"  :D

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 am 

Looking at the miniature again.....

Was rocker Pat Benatar the model for Kitiara?

She has the same, "Hey, I'm not a lesbian even if I look this way!" thing going on.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:14 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Was rocker Pat Benatar the model for Kitiara?

If you look very closely you can see the figure is carrying a notched lipstick case.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:41 pm 

sauromatian wrote:
If you look very closely you can see the figure is carrying a notched lipstick case.

Dang!  I wish I had thought to say that.  :x

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:23 pm 

I noticed earlier that someone here asked about starting a possible sub-forum with prices and pictures of the entire AD&D Partha miniatures line.

I've been dabbling with an archive site like that of my own, but would be willing to take on an Acaeum subweb. Is there any interest in that still, at this point? I know there plenty of people here who might help (fingers crossed!)

I tried emailing Foul about it about two months ago, but got no reply.

If he's willing to let me tackle it, I'm up for it! With some input from the serious 11-series collectors here, of course.

PDT_Armataz_01_36

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:19 am 

I can help with pictures of loose miniatures.  I have all the 11- series Ral Partha AD&D figures in loose and (at the moment unpainted) condition.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:57 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:I noticed earlier that someone here asked about starting a possible sub-forum with prices and pictures of the entire AD&D Partha miniatures line.

I've been dabbling with an archive site like that of my own, but would be willing to take on an Acaeum subweb. Is there any interest in that still, at this point? I know there plenty of people here who might help (fingers crossed!)

If he's willing to let me tackle it, I'm up for it! With some input from the serious 11-series collectors here, of course.

PDT_Armataz_01_36

I would help with that, I have been losely tracking the entire 11-series line for a few years or so (nothing formal though) and I have almost a complete collection as well (missing one) :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:I noticed earlier that someone here asked about starting a possible sub-forum with prices and pictures of the entire AD&D Partha miniatures line.

PDT_Armataz_01_36

I started with a picture reference site, but never finished it. I only collect the monsters, Council of Wyrms and Ravenloft subseries (and the miniatures that came with the 'Player Pack' cases).

Mix of painted miniatures, miniatures in blisters and a splash screen for missing miniatures. Still looking for 11-409 Orcs, 11-420 Gnolls (one of the three, my blister came with duplicates), 1-422, 11-423, 11-527, 11-528. Others marked as wanted , are now acquired.

404 Not Found
404 Not Found
404 Not Found
404 Not Found
404 Not Found
404 Not Found

Only pictures of unpainted miniatures, still in blister. Painted ones are not yet up. Still looking for the gypsy dancers 11-110.

404 Not Found

Still missing Blue, Copper, Brass and Sapphire - due to the prices these fetch I'll probably no longer will try to buy these.

404 Not Found

I have some of the box sets (Ravenloft, Red Dragon, Lord Soth's Charge, Dragonlance Heros, Dragonlance Villains, Dracolich and Powers of Conflict and the Monsters Box :
404 Not Found)

Feel free to use these pictures if they might be usefull - would be nice to see my name credited though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:47 pm 

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the interest and the offers of help. I'll email Foul again to see if I can get his approval - hopefully he'll respond a second time.

In the meantime, I started putting something together, since I haven't heard from him, but I'd gladly redo every bit of it as a true Acaeum subweb.

http://www.centerstagerpgs.com (click on Ral Partha archive)

It's still very heavily under construction, as I was planning on spending my week off after the new year wrapping it up. Also, if any of you want to volunteer with pricing - thanks Blackmoor - that would be great. If any of you provide scans of unpainted minis, etc., whether it's on an Acaeum subweb or my own archive pages I will certainly give everyone the credit which they are due.

Thanks again!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:53 pm 

I probably have a few catalogs.  If you are missing any of those I can get you some cover scans or picture scans.  I have the Ral Partha 1993, 1994, 1997, and 2000 (I have an extra copy of this one) catalogs and a 1984 Rafm catalog that lists some Ral Partha stuff.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm 

Interestingly enough, in looking through these, there is a note with the 1997 catalog that their license with TSR was to expire Dec 31, 1996 but was extended until June 30, 1997 and they were allowed to sell off existing inventory until Dec 21, 1997.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm 

Thanks, Mars. I appreciate it! And to all of you that have volunteered to help out in one way or another, keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll be sending off my proposal to FoulFoot this weekend.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:27 pm 

Just know Foul may not respond right away, sometimes a couple weeks it's been when I've sent some question.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 31123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 293031