ral partha 11 series miniatures
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

Just when I'm ready to break open the blister and paint my Remorhaz...

Thought this one got a little crazy, I can only see 1 rare in the bunch. What do you think Jeff?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

The last time a molydeus was up it went for $187.50 to the same guy (demagogue2004) so maybe he is stocking up.  The rest are fairly common :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:45 pm 

8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:26 pm 

Mostly demons and a dragon.  The hottest 11 series right now.  I put in a snipe of $250.00 and it bounced.  Only needed one pack in this auction (guess which :)  )

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 am 

When you break it down I guess it's not that bad, say $150 for the rare and $75 for Bronze and Pit.
You can't even get that lot "discount" anymore.  :cry:  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:35 am 

Hello! I've just recently discovered that there are collectors of these older Ral Partha figs, I put up a copper dragon, a blue dragon, a manticore and an owlbear just recently (ebay ID Zenfinite1). That's not the question though. ;) OK. I also own two Battlesystem miniatures brigade boxed sets, the Ogre one and the Gnoll one. None are painted, but they are primed I believe. They've mostly been assembled as well.

What's the approximate worth of these sets? I tried checking eBay but came up blank. Would I be better off cleaning and breaking them all down into the bare parts/metal, even though they are off the sprues and such? Or does the assembled/primed not matter, as long as all the pieces are there? And all the pieces are there for sure, weapons, heads, hands, etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Zen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:18 am 

Zenfinite wrote:Hello! I've just recently discovered that there are collectors of these older Ral Partha figs, I put up a copper dragon, a blue dragon, a manticore and an owlbear just recently (ebay ID Zenfinite1). That's not the question though. ;) OK. I also own two Battlesystem miniatures brigade boxed sets, the Ogre one and the Gnoll one. None are painted, but they are primed I believe. They've mostly been assembled as well.

What's the approximate worth of these sets? I tried checking eBay but came up blank. Would I be better off cleaning and breaking them all down into the bare parts/metal, even though they are off the sprues and such? Or does the assembled/primed not matter, as long as all the pieces are there? And all the pieces are there for sure, weapons, heads, hands, etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Zen

Priming reduces there value somewhat, as long as they are in good shape.  Both boxes would fetch $30.00 - $40.00 each on Ebay.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:31 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/Ral-Partha-AD-D-SKELETAL-G ... dZViewItem

8O

8O

I hope they bid on my auctions

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:41 am 

Zenfinite wrote:What's the approximate worth of these sets? I tried checking eBay but came up blank. Would I be better off cleaning and breaking them all down into the bare parts/metal, even though they are off the sprues and such? Or does the assembled/primed not matter, as long as all the pieces are there? And all the pieces are there for sure, weapons, heads, hands, etc.

If you plan on stripping the minis, be careful!  Based on my limited experience, any number of bad events can occur:

(1) Parts go down the drain.  Small parts pop out from between fingertips, big parts that don't look glued together are, in fact, glued together and come apart.

(2) Parts bend or break due to overzealous scrubbing.  Applying a little extra force to remove that last bit of paint isn't worth it; resoak it instead.

(3) Unprotected skin (and eyes) are exposed to lead (though the Battlesystems minis were Ralladium, correct?) and paint stripper.  The work area also gets spattered with a mixture of paint stripper, lead, and old paint.  I use PineSol/pine-oil-based cleaners, so my skin and eyes haven't been seriously damaged so far.

(4) Using a dental pick to remove paint is both effective and dangerous, at least in my hands.

All of the above are obvious, but I didn't seriously consider any of them until they happened.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:26 am 

Looks like yours did pretty good Mike :)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I remeber not so long ago these were $35.00 miniatures.  Hell I bought them all for about $20.00 apiece a year or two ago.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:55 am 

Looks like yours did pretty good Mike

My Dracolich also went for $90 something also... overrall $600 for 10 blisters, not bad I guess, and I still have a couple of more wyrms.
I was a little disappointed in a couple that only went for $50. I think if I had ended them on the weekend they would have gotten a little more action, also the fact that this week saw a flood of 11-series on ebay probably cut into the price a little.

This was the beginning of about 200 that I'm gonna be listing, 10-15 a week till their gone, so we'll see how it goes.

I remeber not so long ago these were $35.00 miniatures. Hell I bought them all for about $20.00 apiece a year or two ago.

Me too, it turned out to be a good investment.

I'm not even gonna give my idiotic price opinions anymore. When Lizardmen and Beholder's are going for $35 these days.  8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:02 am 

Are you getting out Mike or just selling your doubles and such?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:17 am 

With a saddened heart I must admit that I'm getting out.(mini's, not D&D in general) Years of collecting the little buggers and I still came up about 25-35 short and they're all the rare ones, and I just can't pay the $100+ that it'll take to get them.

I've painted all the ones (hundreds) that I want for my gaming/collection and I've had a blast collecting them, but with Raislyn being born I'm gonna try and raise some cash for her 529 plan.

I will always be looking for deals/steals on ebay though :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:16 am 

Hokay! Seems about time i put in some auctions again.  If only i had more  time...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:40 pm 

Ekim Toor,

I don't suppose you or anyone else would have a birthright personalities of the blood box set they would be willing to part with?

I haven't been here in a while is the couger bashing still good?

Damn I hate the hours I work.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:28 pm 

lacedaemon wrote:Ekim Toor,

I don't suppose you or anyone else would have a birthright personalities of the blood box set they would be willing to part with?

I haven't been here in a while is the couger bashing still good?

Damn I hate the hours I work.

Last one of these went in the $150.00+ range, good luck :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:59 am 

I know I was bidding on it and it went for more like $180+ some postage. It was in mint condition and sealed though (I got some other items from the same guy and they were mint condition ans sealed). This was purely due to a bidding war between me and a guy in norway who is far more fanatical about birthright than me. He has bid on nearly all the same items I bid on related to birthright.

That said there was a more recent one about a month ago but the guy had no feedback, the sale was america only and he didn't answer any of my emails. It didn't sell. I mean nothing hell if it wasn't america only I would have put on a 99p bid just on the off chance the guy wasn't a crook. I might even have asked someone else to put the bid on for me if I had noticed it earlier.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:55 am 

After a three year hiatus, I'm resuming the attempt to 'complete' my Ral Partha collection.

I notice that some miniatures are deemed to be rarer then others. Is there a list available somewhere to help me out.

FYI I only collect the 'Ravenloft', 'Council of the Wyrm' and 'Monster' lines, no Birthright, Dark Sun, Planescape or personalities.

I still 'need' the following - are there 'hard to get' blisters among them ?

11-110 gypsy dancers
11-409 orcs
11-422 elves
11-423 pegasus
11-528 plastic elementals
11-529 plastic elementals
11-533 bone golem (found)
11-541 snow troll (found)
11-542 gibbering mouther (found)

11-584 blue dragon
11-587 copper dr
11-588 brass dr
11-589 sapphire dr

Last edited by gnomehome on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:31 pm 

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/ral-partha/index.html

Stuff of legends has the complete list.

and the Plastic elementals, Copper, Brass and Sapphire dragons will be the hardest/costliest to obtain. IMHO

I have most of the ones you need if your interested. Drop a PM if you'd like

PreviousNext