TSQ2 - The Island of Blight  (Upcoming KS)
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:25 am 

Good morning all!

I'm announcing my next Kickstarter adventure here (first as always) for the 2nd book in the four book Trail of the Serpent Queen series (TSQ).  

The Island of Blight will continue where TSQ1 In Defense of Thuil left off:  The Red Priests of the Snake God suffered a crushing blow to their plans when they failed to take the small town of Thuil.  Reeling from their defeat, they've returned to the deep jungles of Nolgur-Wul to regroup.  The human villages outside the jungles know that it is only a matter of time before the Red Priests and their minions return again.  Now is the time to take the fight to them, deep within the jungles!  The characters are urged to delve into the depths of Nolgur-Wul to track the Red Priests back to their clandestine temple where it is said a serpent queen, maiden of the Snake God himself, leads the growing cult.  On the trail of the fleeing Red Priests, the adventurers find that a mysterious blight has recently begun to destroy the western jungles, villages and all life within.  What starts as a quick investigation becomes an unusual and deadly puzzle.  More importantly, is this blight the Snake God's doing or something completely separate?

This adventure can be run as a standalone scenario or included in the TSQ series.

The Island of Blight will be between 16-24 pages in length and will include a PDF player handout book (printable as a stretch goal).  Like the first book in the series, it will have a detachable cover, artwork by Lucas Pandolfelli and cartography by MonkeyBlood Designs.  The book will cost somewhere between $13 and $18 (finalizing price once all the work is calculated - number of illustrations, maps, etc.).

I'll update this thread again when I pick a launch date and on the morning that the KS project goes live...

Thanks,

Thom

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:10 am 

Sounds good, looking forward to it!  :thumright:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 am 

I will certainly jump on as soon as you go live with the kickstarter.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:17 am 

Thanks Walter and Martin!

Here's a quick look at the cover illustration:

Thom

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:47 am 

Also note that Kickstarter now has a "Follow" feature, allowing you to follow project creators - that's a good option if you want to be notified when my projects go-live.

Thom

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:07 am 

The unofficial launch date is probably 9/19... as long as everything clicks this week.

PDF, Early Bird and sponsorship tiers available along with the standard print options...

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:19 am 

As you may have guessed, I have delayed the launch of my latest book.  

Family issues have forced me to postpone the KS but I'm fast approaching an actual, practical launch date.

I hesitate to pick a date again but it seems likely that I should be ready by mid-month.

Thanks!

Thom

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 pm 

I figured I'd use this thread to update everyone...

Although I'm still writing and working on RPG material, my focus has shifted as of late on two other paths: finishing up my gig at my real job, and finishing up a new computer game I started writing earlier this year.  Both have taken way too much of my time over the last several months.  Additionally, I've been putting out 1-2 page adventures (called Excursions) on my Patreon page each month - I'm up to 2-3 adventures (3-5 pages) each month.

I'm still producing TSQ2 - Island of Blight in the next few months (it is 75% written, and some of the art is done), just need to have enough free time to handle the fulfillment aspect as I always have.  I never want to run a KS project that didn't complete on time.  If I tried to do it right now, I'd probably run behind schedule.  That's not the way I do things so I'd rather delay until I have time.

I also have several other projects coming out, but at this time they are on hold until my plate clears.  I have written six other books (complete w/o artwork) that will eventually see print, via KS or directly through me.  I've also collaborated with Merle Rasmussen on a sci-fi supplement that will KS in March or April (depends on his Acrid Herald work).

Lastly, a new system I've written is out in 2017, a boxed set with 3-5 digest books.  I've been playtesting it via the con circuit, including a tournament adventure to be run at NTX.  The system, "Desolantia" will KS sometime next year.

So, ThrowiGames (and NomadGaming) will continue after the plate clears.

Thanks,

Thom