eBay - Final Value Fee on Shipping
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:35 am 

When did eBay start charging this on shipping?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in eBay - Final Value Fee on Shipping:When did eBay start charging this on shipping?

It started in mid 2011.  Apparently a growing number of sellers were selling lots of items at 99 cents and then charging a huge amount for shipping to avoid final value fees.  Instead of fining or dismissing all the culprits, eBay simply changed their final value fee system.  There remain lots of sellers who still haven't caught on to this change.  If I am not mistaken, eBay reduced their final value fee down from 12% to 10%, but it may be back up by now.  I don't worry about it overmuch.  I don't use eBay to make a living, but this upset a lot of people at the time.  I get the impression that a lot of gamers have gone to the Facebook auction system.  That should work well until the Cougar-retard seller-types figure this out and rip one-too-many people off.   :?   "Always in motion is the future.." -- Yoda

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.