Anybody ever find the Temple of Golthana?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 am 

Did anyone here ever find or play The Temple of Golthana?

This indie-published adventure was advertised in the back of Dragon #93 (Jan. 1985). Here, we see the "Mad Goddess," what looks like a medusa with teenage girl's locket around her neck.

By coincidence, I was on a cross-country drive with my uncle that same summer and I convinced him to stop at this address to visit RAVENSTORM PRODUCTIONS, what my 12-year-old self assumed would be a professional game studio. Of course, it was just some guy's house. The owner talked to me about how he and some friends published the adventure but any remaining copies were in storage and that he'd have to mail me one. He never did and I've wondered about this adventure ever since.

Attachment:
TempleOfGolthana.jpg

I'd appreciate any information you may know.

Thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:31 am 

Hey Mark, pls come to assist us!

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:29 am 

I don't know about publishing or copies but I know that I live in Arkansas and Newport wasn't too far from Jonesboro where I was born

Kinda cool to see that after all these years, had no idea.

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 am 

I think I have the author's name somewhere but was never able to track him down.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:45 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Anybody ever find the Temple of Golthana?:I don't know about publishing or copies but I know that I live in Arkansas and Newport wasn't too far from Jonesboro where I was born

The road trip I took when I stopped at "Ravenstorm Productions" was to visit relatives in Paragould, just a short drive north from Jonesboro.

On that same trip, we stopped by Wargames West when we passed through New Mexico. As I recall, that was when I picked up the 2nd edition boxed set of Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:15 am 

Hawklord wrote in Anybody ever find the Temple of Golthana?:On that same trip, we stopped by Wargames West when we passed through New Mexico.

I used to place phone orders with them in the mid-'80s. I would frequently get on the guy's nerves by requesting exotic or new stuff that did not yet appear in their catalog.