Paranoia RPG
Author

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:30 pm 

Anyone have the Paranoia RPG book they'd like to trade for something? Used to LOVE that game!

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 pm 

Who's asking and why are you interested?  You know something?

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:18 pm 

dbartman wrote in Paranoia RPG:Who's asking and why are you interested?  You know something?

No... Not asking anything... You, however, should report yourself immediately.
Serve the Computer! The Computer is your Friend!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:30 am 

MadCatUSA wrote in Paranoia RPG:Anyone have the Paranoia RPG book they'd like to trade for something? Used to LOVE that game!

There are a few different versions of the Paranoia rules by now, so you might want to specify which one you are looking for. There is also a not-yet-released version that's been stuck in Kickstarter hell for a year or so now, but which it appears might get published before the end of 2016.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:08 am 

Echohawk wrote in Paranoia RPG:There are a few different versions of the Paranoia by now, so you might want to specify which one you are looking for.

Citizen! As you are aware, there is only ONE version that the Computer will accept. Imitations are traitorous to possess! The one true version is the original!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:44 am 

I don't have a copy to sell but I do wonder if anyone out shares my experience with the dice from the 1st edition boxed game.  It came with two 20 siders marked 0-9 twice (red and green clear).  I have a friend who has used these dice as his main set of rollers in a % based game we've been playing for 25 years (a bastardized home grown BRP spawn).  He calls them his "Demon Dice" and they remarkably roll crazy high or crazy low with an odd consistency. I have long wondered if they were loaded.  In fact, about two years ago I finally tracked down an affordable 1st ed. box that still had the dice and initial testing seemed to support that they rolled with more frequency toward the highs and lows (01 - 05 and 95 - 00).   I am sure I am just...er....paranoid, but it boy if a game were ever to include loaded dice it would have been this one!    Anyone else share this experience or have a pair of those dice they'd be willing to roll a few times and report back on?

- cp

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:03 pm 

cheesepaws wrote in Paranoia RPG:I have long wondered if they were loaded.  In fact, about two years ago I finally tracked down an affordable 1st ed. box that still had the dice and initial testing seemed to support that they rolled with more frequency toward the highs and lows (01 - 05 and 95 - 00).  
- cp

One way to check is to hold it so that your fingers are touching only opposite "corners" (easier on a d6, but should work here) and spin it. If it's loaded, you should be able to discern a slight wobble in the spin.
Pros have a device that you can clamp the dice into and it will read out any variation in the spin.