It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show
Author

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 pm 

Any idea what this is? I am afraid to open it!
Attachment:
IMG_1533.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:37 pm 

Never played it, but heard of it, sounded like it could be an interesting little game.  Came out in late 80s I believe.  Think there was a 2nd book as well.   One of those parody games that does not take itself too seriously from what I understand. :)

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:19 pm 

WyvernLord wrote in It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show:Never played it, but heard of it, sounded like it could be an interesting little game.  Came out in late 80s I believe.  Think there was a 2nd book as well.   One of those parody games that does not take itself too seriously from what I understand. :)

I glanced through it a little last night. Publication date is 1984 IIRC. Kind of reminds me of the RPG "'TOON" that came out about the same time, but the production value on this item is... <ahem> a bit lower than 'Toon. Definitely doesn't appear to take itself at ALL seriously. Can't wait to delve into it more later.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 pm 

I sometimes see an event of it offered at GenCon or elsewhere.

I want to pick it sometime, but so far it's always lost out to something else.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:58 pm 

So I decided to go ahead and grab a copy of this and also grabbed the other two books.

In my researching, appears there was a 1st print of the book that was just card stock cover with black ink art with plastic spiral binding.
Then a second printing occured which is the copy we are looking at here with white cover with black ink art/red titles.  They also did books 2 and 3 then.
Then a real second edition occured which used full color pictures on the front, and they also combined books 2 and 3 into a single book 2 with color art as well.

Should be interesting to play someday. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm 

Madcat was kind enough to sell his copy on to me, thank you very much!

Just wanted to mention it was written and illustrated by Bradley K McDevitt who does a lot of work for Goodman Games, including tons of the new DCC stuff.

Very much his style though 25+ years old now.  Pretty much every page has art.  Overall campy, humorous, and worth picking up if you have the chance :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:03 am 

Thunderdave wrote in It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show:Madcat was kind enough to sell his copy on to me, thank you very much!

Just wanted to mention it was written and illustrated by Bradley K McDevitt who does a lot of work for Goodman Games, including tons of the new DCC stuff.

Very much his style though 25+ years old now.  Pretty much every page has art.  Overall campy, humorous, and worth picking up if you have the chance :)

My pleasure! Thanks for being so patient.