Ares magazine
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:42 pm 

Hello, anyone know a good source to buy individual copies of these magazines with complete (preferably unpunched) games inside?

Ie. I am in the market to buy issue #10. I checked ebay but the only listing I saw was a 10 issue set that they wanted $400 for. Noble Knight doesn't have this issue.

Thanks for any advice :salut:

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:05 am 

They show up on eBay fairly often. There's a copy of #10 up right now (with a misspelled title), but you can get it cheaper if you wait:  
** expired eBay auction **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:22 pm 

I have many of the magazines, but mostly missing the games.

I bought the entire collection minus games for like $20, and then have replaced many over time or found just the game for sale and was able to put a complete issue together for less than a complete one was selling for many times.

Only have one issue now that is not complete, missing one component from the game is all.

They do come up quite often, so just keep an eye open for them.  Took me about 9months to get them all complete with that one exception.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:36 pm 

Hey, thanks for the advice.

And to all other fellow Stainless Steel Rat fans out there I salute you PDT_Armataz_01_34

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane