Companions: Sacrifices to the Orc Lord
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:36 pm 

I know what you're going to say -- it doesn't exist. I know I've certainly never seen one for sale, nor have I ever heard of anyone claiming to have one. But I'm not much of a hardcore collector.  I recently won an eBay auction for "Gems for Death" from the Companions. One of the gentlemen I beat out to win the auction e-mailed me after it was over in the hopes of being able to buy it from me. Of course, I wasn't about to give it up -- I'd been looking for it for some time -- but in the course of our conversation he asked me if I had a copy of "Sacrifices to the Orc Lord." I told him that I had heard that the module was never produced, and he replied as follows:  
I did see a sale of the item about six months ago here in the UK. It was on a wargaming forum (you'll see it if you search for the title in Google"...had no picture...and I only saw the advert after the closing date for completion. Still...cant see why someone would advertise something they havn't got!
 I don't know whether this is the listing on Google he was talking about LINK. Maybe not, since this isn't a UK listing. However, I can't think of any reason why my correspondent wouldn't be telling the truth about what he saw. Pretty strange. . . . :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:50 pm 

I'm assuming you bought the Gems for Death item from a seller called comicsrus?? She has a bunch of them so don't worry about it being hard to find because it really isn't.  As to the Sacrifices of the Orc Lord, many things point to the fact that it was never produced, but hey I could be wrong.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:54 pm 

[/url]404 Not Found[url]Well looks like this place was selling Sacrifices of the Orc Lord as well. A mystery!![/url]

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:07 pm 

According to the then owner of the Companions, Wheeler, "Sacrifice to the Orc Lord" was never published.  Unless he lied to me for some strange reason, he is an authoritative source stating it does not exist.   I tend to believe him.   :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:48 pm 

Mkman wrote:404 Not Found  Well looks like this place was selling Sacrifices of the Orc Lord as well. A mystery!!
 Yes, I saw that one, too, way back when I was first looking for Brotherhood of the Bolt. Weird.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:49 pm 

Mkman wrote:I'm assuming you bought the Gems for Death item from a seller called comicsrus?? She has a bunch of them so don't worry about it being hard to find because it really isn't.
 Well, that depends on what you mean by "hard to find." I don't think I'm quite in your league. ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:53 am 

Mystery continues! We have Will on one side saying it doesn't exist and then there are two websites that show it may have existed. Who to believe? I can't choose! lol. However I am more inclined to believe Will because many of these guys spent many years trying to acquire these items and if they couldn't find it, it may not exist. <----Thats were I come in sometimes and prove them wrong. LOL HAHAHAH :P   Hey DCS, email both places especially the Rpgswap link you first showed us and ask the person if he actually had the item, etc.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:45 am 

I contacted the gentleman from the Rpgswap link.  He was looking for the module, not selling it.  The other site is just a catalog listing (which we have seen before on the back of a few of the Companions modules).    Ð

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:08 pm 

Well looks like the mystery has been solved! Great detective work Daniel  8)