Ruins of Quinstead
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:59 pm 

Hi everyone, not quite sure what's going on... is this a legit revision?  Seems to be sold as a pdf on a disk.  Content/plot seems identical.  Thoughts?

d20 version

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Gamer's Group Quinstead (1989)
Tome of Treasures :: View topic - The Ruins of Quinstead (1989)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:48 pm 

Don't know if this is the author, but I do know the author republished Quinstead in paper form with a white cover instead of the original blue, and produced a PDF, because I ask him to at the time in lieu of paper copy for myself. So, benefit of the doubt, I'd go with legit to start with.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 pm 

I contacted the author earlier in the year and he's legit. He doesn't seem to have old school versions of the new adventures available, but did ask if there would be much interest in such.

Perhaps  a pointer here is in order?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 pm 

The blurb sounds intriguing. How's it read?
--Ron--

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 pm 

Anyone know what th scope was of original?
Is this a rewrite? Or an expanded edition?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:51 pm 

Here's the info I have:

Hi zefferon42---I'm curious about your Quinstead item listing, and whether it is the same blue-cover edition as that depicted at Tome of Treasures :: View topic - The Ruins of Quinstead (1989) (which is the version I currently own). Are the other titles you have available---Prison of Caleraine and Goblins of Gremlin Gulch---also vinatage 1980s game books, or are they new editions too? Do they relate to Quinstead at all? Lastly, are you by chance Roland O'Connell (author of the original Quinstead) or someone else associated with GGP? Thanks! ....allan

Hello Allan,

The Ruins of Quinstead listed on my ebay store is pretty much the as the blue-cover original. I converted the encounters to AD&D 3.5, updated some of the maps, and added some minor details.

The follow-up adventure to the Ruins of Quinstead is the Castle of Septor, which will be available in the next month or so.

The Prison of Caleraine was originally written as a AD&D 1st Edition module. I converted it to AD&D 3.5 many years ago. The Goblins of Gremlin Gulch is the newest, and it was created as a AD&D 3.5 edition module.

Neither the Prison of Caleraine or The Goblins of Gremlin Gulch are related to the Ruins of Quinstead, but they are loosely related to one another as they reference a fallen dark-elven deity named Valendial.

I am currently having all the modules printed, so I can offer them on CD (which his how they are currently listed) or hard copy.

I am Roland O' Connell the original author of the Ruins of Quinstead. My buddy Richard Carter who did all the illustrations for the Ruins of Quinstead has also done all the illustrations for the Prison of Caleraine and Goblins of Gremlin Gulch modules.

Thanks for you interest!

Roland

Thanks Roland, and nice to meet you, virtually speaking :D

Do you have any plans to publish 1e versions of the other adventures, too?

Allan.

Allan,

I am open to the idea of providing the modules using 1st edition. Some of my best gaming was playing 1st edition.

My delima is with the play testing. For the Ruins of Quinstead, I ve probably ran that module 20 times using the various rules. The newer modules have only been play tested for 3rd edition and pathfinder. It s real hard to find 1st edition players.

I may be willing add 1st edition encounters, if I knew someone who had a 1st edition group willing to play test for me.

Any ideas on who is still playing 1st edition?

Thanks!

Roland

I'll point Roland here, once we're in contact by email :D

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:18 pm 

Roland has been my DM since I started playing 15 years ago. Pretty honored that his work has recieved so much appreciation. Definitely always very fun and challenging sessions when he is involved.