Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 91123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 899091
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:16 am 

Limited (1150), numbered and signed T&T module:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:04 am 

For those who missed it here at the launch:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:39 am 

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:37 am 

eBay listing

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:22 am 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:For those who missed it here at the launch:

It’s still for sale (more cheaply) at Otherworld’s site.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:38 am 

Not cheaper for UK buyers (US Shipping) which looks to have been the only real advantage of that sale.
I think I still have two of these that I got when they were first released. I haven't ever really had the inclination to build one or paint it, and with the modern minis that are being 3D printed, if I had the time and the inclination, I'd likely paint something that appeals to me more.
Unless something freakish happens I doubt I'd ever get ROI on my two, so maybe in 5 years or so my little one could have a shot a painting them.
Otherworld have some nice minis, but shipping is prohibitive.
And again, these are things I could see going digital in the future. We're already 3D printing minis. How much longer before you can buy your mini and have it printed locally? And how much longer after that before you can illicitly download 3D files of minis and 3D print them? How long before you can 3D scan a Ral Partha mini and print a copy in plastic?

If my 5yo wants to paint metal minis, I have a few hundred unpainted. I think kids in the future will find the feel of metal minis to be somewhat freakish and unusual because everything is plastic. I've met kids who have grown up with GW and never experienced metal minis before. At the second hand stall at my local Con, its fun to watch their reactions to the stuff we've all played with. Sadly the two big Cons I usually go to were cancelled this year.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Not cheaper for UK buyers (US Shipping) which looks to have been the only real advantage of that sale.
I think I still have two of these that I got when they were first released. I haven't ever really had the inclination to build one or paint it, and with the modern minis that are being 3D printed, if I had the time and the inclination, I'd likely paint something that appeals to me more.
Unless something freakish happens I doubt I'd ever get ROI on my two, so maybe in 5 years or so my little one could have a shot a painting them.
Otherworld have some nice minis, but shipping is prohibitive.

I’m a bit confused. Otherworld is in the UK. Shipping isn’t that prohibitive here.

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
And again, these are things I could see going digital in the future. We're already 3D printing minis. How much longer before you can buy your mini and have it printed locally? And how much longer after that before you can illicitly download 3D files of minis and 3D print them? How long before you can 3D scan a Ral Partha mini and print a copy in plastic?

I’m not a fan of 3D printed minis at the moment either. I am sure they will improve.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:20 am 

Sardan wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
I’m a bit confused. Otherworld is in the UK. Shipping isn’t that prohibitive here.

Ouch. I've tended to avoid them because when I bought from them originally the shipping cost was high and I assumed they were in the US. Maybe it was a US reseller then and I was paying a premium to have the product shipped to the US and then sent back to the UK and the company in the US thought I was a chump? But I was sure I was dealing directly. Still, water under the bridge and all that.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:48 am 

I'm not sure what exactly this is, but it looks to be of interest:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 am 

Second or third print... I am not sure if there is a brown artwork cover featruring the authors as "friends" like in the first print. If this exists, then this it'd be a 3rd print. Otherwise it'd be a second print.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:22 am 

1978's 1st edition says "friends," 2nd (1979) has a color cover, & this is the 1980-83 boxed-set version of the 2nd edition, with square/perfect binding. Maybe the addenda is from a magazine article?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 pm 

I have a 2" deep RuneQuest box with a brown 2nd Edition rulebook that matches the auction. Some of the later 2nd edition rulebooks (I have one with the one with the color cover sold separately) have "Clarifications, Corrections, and Addenda" printed on both the front and back inside cover. It looks like somebody photocopied those and cut-and-paste them into the brown 2nd Edition.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:10 am 

This is a question to the UK fellows collectors:

What is the envelope about?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:24 am 

Imagine special issue in this lot:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:32 pm 

this looks to be a SCA publication (I got the seller to send me the index pages) by the looks..

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:13 am 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:This is a question to the UK fellows collectors:

What is the envelope about?

The envelope looks like a starter pack for a play by mail game.  KJC games was the main play by post games company in the UK and appears to still be going.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:30 am 

beasterbrook wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:this looks to be a SCA publication (I got the seller to send me the index pages) by the looks..

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Anyone know anything about this?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm 

APA fanzine filled with fiction and bad poetry. No RPG content at all. Seller listed it as RPG to bloat the sale price.

Shrink is not a condition

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 91123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 899091