Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 92123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 909192
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:16 am 

This should be a PbM written in 1989:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Do you know it? Is it worth reading?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am 

Not sure, but found this, short, review on the game:
The Games Machine magazine Issue 023, October 1989, published by Newsfield Pubications wrote:Reality Shift Games are new on the scene with Loremasters of Corlean. The game's a single-character RPG, set in the usual fantasy lands, with a clear rulebook. It seems fairly combat orientated, so is probably more for the D&D hack 'n' slay brigade rather than pure roleplayers. Start-up is £4.50, which includes two free turns. Further turns are £1.60. The first ten TGM readers to apply will get an extra free turn with their start-up!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:13 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:A spartan edition here:

IIRC, mine is signed even on the box, close to the numbers...

Hello, yes, this is my set that I am selling. Unless my mind fails me, I am pretty sure that this is how I purchased the set directly from TLG. I have had it in my collection without use since then.

Thanks,
Jorge

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:20 am 

For the true completist:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:41 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:For the true completist:

When used as tactical miniatures, the DM bites off parts of your PC's waffle to record damage.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:03 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
When used as tactical miniatures, the DM bites off parts of your PC's waffle to record damage.

Run from the Maple Ooze!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:46 am 

Am i wrong but some years ago this item used to go for much more than 50 bucks:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

(and it is a NK price!)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:41 pm 

[quote="sauromatian";p=327587][/quote]

or $40 new on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Breakfa ... B07PDB1KWN

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:36 am 

Game in beatiful conditions:

(Not sure if complete though)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:49 pm 

Found this thread through the earlier version of this thread. Thought I'd share for the group that ebay seller heracleides ** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

was confirmed as stolen content by the owner (issue 6 only existed in a post-original version sold through kickstarter a few years ago). In the items I returned at least one came with a CD/RW copy of the zine.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:15 pm 

Are you saying that this is a bogus eBay account and/or that the seller is selling counterfeit items?  There are other posts for that type of post, if that's the case.

Shady Dealers

Report sellers who infringe copyrights!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:59 pm 

Does reporting anything to eBay ever do anything?
I doubt it unless you are the copyright holder and can serve them with a C&D letter from your lawyer.
I realised a long time ago that its just a waste of your time.

Now, buying stuff from someone, then reporting the theft of IP to the police and obtaining a crime reference number, and claiming from PayPal that you had reported the crime and were going to recover your funds through your credit card if they do not return your money to you, may deprive the seller of his goods, and he'll write a loss on the postage too. And if you could get a lot of people to sting the guy that way, maybe you could shut him down legally. But you really have to be dedicated to do that, so why not just let it lie. There's a market for bootlegs, always has been all the way back to crappy concert recordings stamped onto vinyl and xeroxed tourneys circulating in highschool the week after convention weekends, both of which are legitimately collected and bought and sold at some pretty high prices.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:18 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay: then reporting the theft of IP to the police and obtaining a crime reference number

Bootlegging IP has to be pretty high-dollar in the US to interest the police, otherwise it's got to be a civil suit brought by the IP holder. Fraud might be applicable, but trying to convince the police you've been wronged because these are reprints, and the seller never said they were original but you assumed they were? I hope you now understand why those protesters want to defund the police - they're useless when it counts!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:32 pm 

It wouldn't be intended to do anything other than register that a report had been made. That way you have a solid case (certainly in the UK) for not returning the illegal product to the seller. The argument with PayPal, and if not PayPal will not relent, then your CC company is a simple one. They have to return your money because you were sold illegal counterfeit product and they cannot demand the return the goods because by doing so you would be committing a crime. They cannot demand that you commit a criminal act in order to get your money back.  

The point is to remove the seller's property and cause him to spend money manufacturing, listing, paying fees, and shipping, that are all a complete loss to him. There comes a point where the losses outweigh the profits and he gives up or puts his prices up and fails either way. If 25% of his sales resulted in direct loss and possibly even a $15 chargeback fee, he'll pull the plug quickly.

The risk is in ensuring you recover your money from the transaction and can explain why the goods had to be retained and not returned to the seller. And the willingness to go the course with PayPal if you needed to.

For me, I see that no-one ever stopped bootleg albums or photocopied dungeons back in the day, and now they are sold as collectables at good prices, so why complain. It is an aspect of collecting. I have bought many a tourney that may or may not have been photocopied by the DM at a con, or by a schoolkid in a library. I have no way of knowing, and I doubt they are distinguishable from any other photocopy except for whomever owns the original manuscript. So if I ever sell any of them I'll sell them as 'vintage tournament dungeon'.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:43 pm 

Not on eBay, but I thought this might catch someone's eye:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Role Playing Dioramas

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:54 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:18 am 

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:45 am 

Hey, is there any (interesting) story behind this weird item?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 92123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 909192