Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 44123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 424344
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Just the books, not the rest of the set.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:21 pm 

Never heard of these before, though I must say I'm not exactly a pro at minis, a few lines at best. But, not even the Lost Minis Wiki has any references.

** expired eBay auction **

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:49 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Never heard of these before, though I must say I'm not exactly a pro at minis, a few lines at best. But, not even the Lost Minis Wiki has any references.

This was brought up about 6 weeks ago in one of the Minis Facebook Groups. David Wood believes they are Martian Metals, and stated that another person told him they were cast by Fortress Figures. I think there is still a little uncertainty with them but the general consensus puts them in with 15mm MM.

If you'd like links to the FB Posts, just ask.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm 

I missed bidding on this and presuming it was legit, it went for a song:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Anyone here pick this up?

Same seller had this too:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:48 pm 

I had hoped this was going to escape notice, because it was listed in a lala land category:

I guess not.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 am 

Guardian of the Order limited edition:

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:17 am 

Dust jacket is missing

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I missed bidding on this and presuming it was legit, it went for a song:

They are notes for a novel (per the handwritten notation). I think they were in the right ballpark.

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:58 pm 

Ahhh, I didn't catch that. I guess not as prominent as I thought it might be, so maybe it's best that I missed tossing in a bid.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 am 

Hurry up!

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:29 pm 

Wee

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 pm 

"Gigax" signed program.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:13 am 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:"Gigax" signed program.

Why do I think this is not an original Gygax drawing  :roll:

At least the seller is admitting up front that he doesn't know <BEEP> about what he is selling and asks for help in the description.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:06 am 

But I'm sure even after asking for and receiving a declaration that his item has nothing to do with EGG, there would still be no lowering of price. That's my take on a seller that would pick an outrageous price point without knowing the true value. I realize others feel differently, but I'm not a fan of sellers that buy something for $5 and try to sell it for $750.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:37 am 

stratochamp wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:But I'm sure even after asking for and receiving a declaration that his item has nothing to do with EGG, there would still be no lowering of price. That's my take on a seller that would pick an outrageous price point without knowing the true value. I realize others feel differently, but I'm not a fan of sellers that buy something for $5 and try to sell it for $750.

I definitely get that and I'm not totally trying to make excuses for him/her.

My comment was more of a "well, at least they aren't trying to totally BS us"

I talk to a lot of Resellers. We're not all bad people, just a lot of us. Personally I don't try to be a "I have to get top dollar on everything!!! Reseller", it's a lot easier to just get a decent cut and move on to the next deal. I hear it enough from my peers that I'm an idiot. Funny how I don't deal with a lot of the BS that they do. On the other hand, I'm probably poorer than they are  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:07 pm 

The collecting hobby was a lot more enjoyable and full of camaraderie before reselling became popular, and that is a direct fault of eBay.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:25 pm 

eBay was a lot more fun too before the big time resellers got involved

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:30 pm 

eBay was a lot more fun when it was 90%+ auctions that started at a few dollars. Now it's just a store overloaded with over-priced "Buy it Now" listings.

Regards,

Rick Meints
President - Chaosium Inc.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:18 pm 

Agreed.  Apart from minis I don't have I don't think I've bought much from eBay in years apart from the odd Collector's Trove item.  Having said that, I did get quite a few good things/deals years ago.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:12 pm 

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 44123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 424344