Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 30 of 91123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 899091
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:00 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Both a good product and collector-wise an htf book!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:28 am 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Both a good product and collector-wise an htf book!

Interesting looking line: Avalanche Press Archive

Is their stuff good if you don't care about d20? My instinct is that I wouldn't get much different from my existing GURPS shelf.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:18 am 

Those books have quality contents (and playboy-like covers for several of them). I have never understood why they are considered as any other splat book for d20. Only few of them (like this one and the fairy world as well) are somehow htf... I am happy and proud to have the full line (except for the book of mounts), from time to time i offer the whole lot as i need room but never got a real declaration of interest.
Ciaoo

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 pm 

can anyone elaborate on who made these?

are they pull-outs from a dragon mag?

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm 

webrik33 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

can anyone elaborate on who made these?

are they pull-outs from a dragon mag?

Yep! From Dragon #66.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:52 pm 

blackdougal wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:

Yep! From Dragon #66.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Someone could make a fortune buying cheap copies of Dragon 66 and selling the inserts for $35. Don't laugh, this is the principle our booming economy is founded upon!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am 

Somewhat rare, other good bits listed as well

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 pm 

ZardokhasSpoken wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Somewhat rare, other good bits listed as well

One of the few third party books that is both hard to find and actually a rather good product. So when you spend money on it, you might actually enjoy it, and not just shelve it.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:53 am 

He sold the exact same book back on November 30th........................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 am 

He has been selling copies for a few years now.  My guess is that he has sold at least 30 copies by now.  It's definitely not as rare as it use to be.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 am 

I don't know if he has the remaining stock of these, and several of the Balboa products, or he is still sourcing them from the publisher's stock, as the description states for some of the other Balboa products:

This item is in mint condition directly from the publisher, The Balboa Game Company.

Could be a bad choice of words, or not.

The Tradervale description includes this:

Tradervale is out of print and not available from the publisher. This item is in mint condition.

As far as I'm aware, The Balboa Game Company is defunct, but perhaps someone that owned the company is sitting on some inventory.

The other Balboa products that were listed often go for much less, but this time there were at least a couple interested bidders that increased the sale price considerably.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:44 pm 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I don't know if he has the remaining stock of these, and several of the Balboa products, or he is still sourcing them from the publisher's stock, as the description states for some of the other Balboa products:

His shop, the War House, is located at 630 W. Willow St, Long Beach. Coincidentally, that is the same address as the one given for the Balboa Game Company in an number of period ads, like say, this one:

Sexy Dungeons and Dragons ad campaign from the 80s

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 pm 

increment wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay: ads, like say, this one

Any reason to post that photo is a good reason!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:35 pm 

Well, that mystery could be solved.  The War House is where the The Balboa Game Company was located originally, thus the stock was probably from The Balboa Game Company.

Looks like The War House has a storefront too:

Attachment:
War House.jpg

Board Game and Hobby Store Long Beach, CA | Gaming Shop

Might be worth checking it out if anyone is in the Long Beach, CA area.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:44 pm 

I've talked to him a couple of times through Ebay since he started selling, he says he has a back stockroom full of stuff from the heydays of RPGS (70s/80s)

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm 

I went to school at Long Beach state in the mid 70s and they were only a few blocks from my apartment. The War House was the home of Balboa Games.  I bought some Tolkien related war games from them and won a copy of Tunisia 1943 which is still sitting unopened in a box upstairs.  PDT_Armataz_01_06

S. Jacobson
You're never alone with a rubber duck

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:24 am 

I went there in the summer of 2016. It's a small cramped place jam-packed with stuff and seems like it's probably been there for fifty years. I just saw typical game store stuff (i.e., nothing especially old that caught my interest), but I have no doubt that there was all kinds of buried treasure in there. Unfortunately, I had about ten minutes to do what would take ten hours to do properly - dig. This is not the kind of game store you can hit and resolve while your wife waits out in the car.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 30 of 91123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 899091