Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 91123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 899091
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:34 am 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:It was reprinted and sold in 2009.

I've got it.  Not a lot to see.  It's got a semi-glossy cover, with less distinct red for the lettering and graphics.

The front inner page clearly states:

Reprinted By: North Texas RPG Con
With Permission from: Pete Kerestan

It's not a folder, but a digest-sized booklet, saddle stitched, double stapled.

Ok, thanks. That definitely helps.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:47 pm 

IIRC all of the pages have a NTX logo watermark on them too?

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:00 pm 

FWIW, I reached out to the seller.  I was not impressed with his responses...

mrman1965.dm_1 (1)
:)

I could be. Not sure if that matters. I wouldn't have asked otherwise. Regards,

mrman1965.dm_1:
Are you Bidding?

Your previous message

Hello,

As this is a potentially very rare item, can you provide some more pictures of the contents and more details on the number of pages, condition etc? You also list this as the "Brand: North Texas RPG Con". Is that accurate or a mistake? That version is digest sized and a copy of the original folder version, which you are indicating this is. There's a huge difference between the original and the reprint.

Answering these questions will potentially get you more money for this.  Thanks,

With those responses, I don't know what else to say.  It's like he's either joking, badly, or mocking my request.  I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but not with that response.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:16 pm 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:FWIW, I reached out to the seller.  I was not impressed with his responses...

mrman1965.dm_1 (1)

mrman1965.dm_1:
Are you Bidding?

Your previous message

Hello,

As this is a potentially very rare item, can you provide some more pictures of the contents and more details on the number of pages, condition etc? You also list this as the "Brand: North Texas RPG Con". Is that accurate or a mistake? That version is digest sized and a copy of the original folder version, which you are indicating this is. There's a huge difference between the original and the reprint.

Answering these questions will potentially get you more money for this.  Thanks,

With those responses, I don't know what else to say.  It's like he's either joking, badly, or mocking my request.  I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but not with that response.

He was kind of dodgy with me too, so if anything, it's not just you.  The *1* feedback score, and that being as a buyer does not exactly instill a lot of confidence either. 10 years ago, I'd probably be torching this guy, but I'm just not as invested as I used to be. Older and wiser I guess.

With that said, this is a good case of caveat emptor. So, hopefully who ever ends up inevitably winning it, I hope it ends well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:...10 years ago, I'd probably be torching this guy, but I'm just not as invested as I used to be. Older and wiser I guess. ...

I remember those days :) ... glad you are still around (we all get mellow with age, ideally like a good whisky/whiskey)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:54 pm 

CDM.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Number 3 is (I think?) the easiest to find..

Let's go fly a kite

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:15 pm 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:FWIW, I reached out to the seller.  I was not impressed with his responses...

mrman1965.dm_1 (1)

mrman1965.dm_1:
Are you Bidding?

Your previous message

Hello,

I also asked for a clarification.  I asked if this was an original or a NTRPG reprint.  The sellers reply. "?".  Yup, a question mark.   8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:45 pm 

Lol, wow this seller sounds dodgy as hell.

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:07 pm 

bombadil wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Lol, wow this seller sounds dodgy as hell.

I find that phrasing the question to something like, "Could you please check the title page for reference of which printing this is?" or something like that gets a better response. Doesn't always work, but I find it's generally better than being accusational like some folks out there in EBay land. There are, after all, people who list their 7th print DMGs as 1st prints only because they don't know enough to realize that not all efreet covers were the same printing. I never assume sellers are collectors.

Although some are easily recognizable as arsehats by their item descriptions.  :D  :wink:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:06 am 

bombadil wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Lol, wow this seller sounds dodgy as hell.

Hi there!

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:17 am 

Hiya, Steven! :)

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am 

muaddib5 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I also asked for a clarification.  I asked if this was an original or a NTRPG reprint.  The sellers reply. "?".  Yup, a question mark.   8O

Sounds to me like someone who has no clue what he has and isn't interested in really doing the research to figure it out. Probably did a quick eBay search and decided to price accordingly.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, I could totally see someone 'researching' via ebay and coming across the Nobleknight sale for the NTRPG printing at $395 and using that info & price to create the first ad.  Then reconsidering since he obviously obtained more information - which may be not nice for the buyer but is understandable.  He had a listing for a nice assortment of early Dragon's too which didn't look questionable to me.

In an case, I hope this works out for everyone!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:44 pm 

The seller clearly knows what he/she has, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the auction down just to relist it at more than 2x the original starting price.  If they know what they have (safe assumption), and they're interested in getting the most for it (safe assumption), why would they be so brief and coy when answering questions?  Strange.

PotVQ 1st print is rare enough to take a chance ... I would just keep the details of PayPal's payment protection plan in my back pocket.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 pm 

Auction was ended: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:32 am 

West End Tales of the Arabian Nights $35 BIN:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Looks played, but in nice shape!

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:05 am 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Auction was ended: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

ROFL!  I ended up getting a few more messages from the seller after the "?" answer he sent regarding it being an original or NTRPG reprint.  His first message; "Hello ,

It's the original. No reprints".  Second message; "It probably will not be sold. I'm looking to get something between $ 1,500 - 1,700 .. So it'll probably be back on the shelf next week."  
So the listing error appears to be that he didn't put a reserve on the auction and it wasn't going to go for as much as he expected!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 am 

The weird thing is that he finally posted more pictures of it and then shut it down.  :?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 91123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 899091