Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 93123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 919293
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:00 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 am 

Orange, limited-edition Aftermath Magic supplement @

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Same seller also has an orange-cover, comb-bound Stalking the Night Fantastic, too.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:04 pm 

This looked pretty cool....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:19 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:This looked pretty cool....

Yes, very much so, although I'm afraid I haven't memorized Playing at the World well enough to recall how well-documented early forays into sci-fi gaming are. I think Zocci's 1971 Star Trek Battle Manual is supposed to be the earliest published example, so anything before that is particularly interesting.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:38 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
muaddib5 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:This looked pretty cool....

Yes, very much so, although I'm afraid I haven't memorized Playing at the World well enough to recall how well-documented early forays into sci-fi gaming are. I think Zocci's 1971 Star Trek Battle Manual is supposed to be the earliest published example, so anything before that is particularly interesting.

PatW does cover some early science fiction games, though mostly to talk about the War of the Empires, as Gygax was directly involved. That one goes back to 1967.

Issues of Galaxian are rare, but I wouldn't have thought they were particularly valuable.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:03 pm 

All hail the extra-special super-rare GREEDIER Models dragon!  RAWWWR!!!  :mrgreen:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 am 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:

Lensman was published earlier (1969) by Spartan International. This was designed by the same Phil Pritchard who published that Galaxian issue.

Was this War of the Empires actually published?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 am 

WD Archive

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:33 am 

"...Oh, we can be heroes, just for one day"

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am 

Presumably at some point Chaosium will reprint their classic Lovecraft Country supplements with some newfangled 7th Edition stats, rulechanges and fancypants new layout ("gosh darn it!"), but until then, some books may start to be harder to get...

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:42 am 

Howdy all,  is this interesting or not:

...i havent understood if it is a boardgame or not...  I havent seen this item before and i wonder what s for?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:44 pm 

Aia,

It is a stand-alone game, one of four that Ral Partha produced:

Games (Ral Partha) - Lost Minis Wiki

I've never played one, so I can't comment on the mechanics, other than it appears to be a skirmish-type battle game. From a miniatures collecting standpoint, they aren't very rare in my opinion.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:51 pm 

I don't have any of these sets from Ral Partha either, but I collect this type of game. If the rules are anything like similar products, it would introduce game mechanics similar to D&D or wargames, perhaps with something like a dungeon quest or the role of a GM to introduce those concepts. Interesting if you like introductory or minimalist rules.

Also interesting if you like the collectible miniatures games of the 21st Century, since these 1980s sets are constructed in a way that resembles a modern, collectible-miniatures starter set. Except that Ral Partha et al. probably did not expect their '80s consumers to keep playing these introductory games, but would instead move on to AD&D or wargames & continue to buy Ral Partha minis for the other games.

These products also likely existed for distribution & marketing purposes. With the rules, they could be sold simply as "games" rather than as hobby products of obscure utility.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 pm 

TollHouseGolem wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Aia,

It is a stand-alone game, one of four that Ral Partha produced:

Games (Ral Partha) - Lost Minis Wiki

I've never played one, so I can't comment on the mechanics, other than it appears to be a skirmish-type battle game. From a miniatures collecting standpoint, they aren't very rare in my opinion.

Very cool, never heard of them before either. Thanks for the link TollHouseGolem and to Aia for bringing it up

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:49 pm 

Sweet DGuts 375. Interesting.

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 am 

ExTSR wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Sweet DGuts 375. Interesting.

375 bucks???  Ok it s the guidon edition,  but that cant be the mkt value as of today...  There was a bidding war behind i hope...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 am 

I've said this before, but generally speaking we as game collectors have not yet established that items in extremely nice shape (NM or even better) should be worth 5 times as much (for instance) as an item in merely fine shape. That's how it works in comic collecting and sports card collecting. I think we will get there one day, but we are not there yet. I think it possible that the reason this auction went so high is because a few folks thought that this might be one of their few chances to get this item in extremely nice shape. How many of us have a Guidon DGUTS in NM condition?

Shrink is not a condition

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 93123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 919293