Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:56 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Here's a useful game aid and interesting read... I'm not 100% sure it's playable as intended, but it would be a helpful setting for a Cthulhu or historical RPG.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

And it includes the supplement/module.
An interesting game, for sure.

Missing one of the original dice (it's red, by the way), if anyone cares about such things.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:14 am 

Bullette & friends

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:12 pm 

This one is rare.  Bit high on the BIN, but there hasn't been one come up for a long time.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Also has a Blasted Land up for the same BIN price.

Neither one has a Best Offer option.

Would have rather they be listed is as auctions, just to see what the current valuations are for them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:58 pm 

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:38 pm 

dbartman wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:This one is rare.  Bit high on the BIN, but there hasn't been one come up for a long time.

Also has a Blasted Land up for the same BIN price.

Neither one has a Best Offer option.

Would have rather they be listed is as auctions, just to see what the current valuations are for them.

Looks like I missed my chance on these - was the Blasted Lands listing originally also $350 and then changed to $250 at some point?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:15 pm 

Yes.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 pm 

This is crazy, and cool at the same time:

Vintage 1980s Bothered About Dungeons & Dragons Law Enforcement Packet Satanism

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:This is crazy, and cool at the same time:

Yes it is. I particularly like the phrase "entertainment violence" used in one of the documents. The phrase could be about violence that this group is attributing to D&D, but it suggests that the entertainment is itself violence. That is, when you say something I don't like, your words are violent to me. You could try to be tactful or soft-spoken or polite, no matter. The offense is in the mind of the offended.

This packet could be useful to someone starting a protest group. Considering how much is spent on all-black clothing to fit everyone, payroll, molotov cocktails, & flagpoles that are actually iron rods, will $300 really take too many rubles out of your budget?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:05 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:This is crazy, and cool at the same time:

Someone got especially hot AND bothered over this packet :!:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:41 am 

misterspock wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:

Someone got especially hot AND bothered over this packet :!:

Just imagine thumbing through that packet while watching Mazes and Monsters (Mazes and Monsters (TV Movie 1982) - IMDb) and drinking an ice cold beer (assuming legal age, of course) :).  Now that would be a uniquely fun experience!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:16 pm 

I did my independent study project in gr 9 or so on this topic... I wrote away to all the groups I could find and they sent me their propaganda, err, viewpoints.  The paper wrote itself :)  Good times.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I did my independent study project in gr 9 or so on this topic... I wrote away to all the groups I could find and they sent me their propaganda, err, viewpoints.  The paper wrote itself :)  Good times.

You should sell your old report, someone might buy it!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:44 pm 

Sure, I'll take that invitation to walk down memory lane... I couldn't find my term paper but I did find some of the research material.  Full disclosure, I did point out the Witch Hunt game a the top of this page, so the material obviously arrived too late :)

Attachment:
IMG_2551.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_2550.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:52 pm 

And I'd forgotten this part until just now, I'd also written away to TSR and received a very nice but not-quite-personal reply from Dieter Sturm, along with supporting newspaper clippings and rebuttals.

Attachment:
IMG_2548.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_2549.JPG

Just to show where my head was at the time, circa 1984, here was the campaign I was working on at the same time.  It was in the same folder all these years.  Ironic.  Or disturbing.  Not sure which.  Anyway, presenting Assault on the Planes of Hell, lol.

Attachment:
IMG_2547.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm 

Awesome!

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:19 pm 

Thanks for sharing, Dave!

Reminds me that I had written away to 60 Minutes as a kid to get a copy of their transcript for their 1985 EGG interview.  The YT video @ 60 minutes D&D special ( 1985) - YouTube is a bad copy of the video, but it does have the transcript feature enabled if someone wants to copy it in to a text file for offline reading.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:15 pm 

Thanks for posting Dave, that's awesome.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:30 am 

Thunderdave wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:And I'd forgotten this part until just now, I'd also written away to TSR and received a very nice but not-quite-personal reply from Dieter Sturm, along with supporting newspaper clippings and rebuttals.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for inviting Dungeons & Dragons into your home to be alone with your children. It has to be willing & voluntary, cause there are rules.

Did you know that some people say our product is laced with flesh-eating bacteria? You didn't? Well they do, lot's of people say that, I'm surprised you hadn't heard about it. They say that if you've even gone so far as to open the box to read this promotional insert, it's basically all over for you & your entire family. Anyways, it's not true.

CRITIC: Our products will send your children straight to Hell & you screaming along with them. You were a fool to trust us!!

FACT: D&D is not based on any current-day religion, but instead upon a dead & buried faith that predates humanity & even now plots vengeance. p.s. That part above in the "CRITIC" section about how you're going to Hell is clearly in the voice of someone else, not us, right? Because we would never say something like that, I mean, only stupid people believe in Hell, right? No, I didn't mean that, you're not stupid if you believe in..okay, look, just forget it, okay?

CRITIC: Playing D&D leads to acts of perversity & to poor ethical choices.

FACT: You may have just overheard your children & their friends discussing necrophilia or bestiality as required by the rules of the game, but these are STRICTLY GENERICS of BSDM (kink) practices. Which are perfectly normal anyway, if only you could wrap your little suburban head around it.

CRITIC: Playing D&D corrupts your moral fiber.

FACT: As of today, there is NO FACTUAL EVIDENCE that all 6000 teen suicides per year are caused by D&D; the number directly caused by D&D may be slightly or even substantially lower. The important thing to remember is that IT IS JUST A GAME. It is all just a game. If I live or die tomorrow, what of it? Some days, I don't even want to get out of bed. Is that a problem? I can quit D&D whenever I want.

PreviousNext