Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:11 pm 

Facebook auction for Adventurer's Guild Tome book (not TSR/RPGA AG modules, but the Non-TSR publisher) @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPGAuct ... 5518790916

$50 starting bid, bid in $5 increments; no bids yet

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:54 pm 

Well, here's something you don't see every day. I know if I had played Boot Hill BitD, I might have done the same thing.

Though, this likely violates some copyrights in more than one arena...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:55 am 

cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Troll Lord Games is having an awesome .99 cent sale.

Troll Lord Games | Troll Lord Games

I can not thank you enough for alerting me to this sale.  I ended up buying 26 Castles & Crusades modules for 99 cents each for a total price including shipping of $32.46.  They came quickly and well-packed.

The adventures were definitely worth the 99 cents price.  They are overall good quality, but it seemed like every adventure suffered at least a few typos or errors of some kind.  The writing was decent in most and good from time to time.  If you prefer 1e and 2e, the monster descriptions are easily convertible.  I read the adventures below before selling them all for a $90 profit!   :D

C1 Mortality of Green
C2 Shades of Mist
C3 Upon the Powder River
DA1 Dark Journey
S3 The Malady of Kings
S4 A Lion in the Ropes
U1 Shadows of the Halfling Hall
U2 Verdant Rage
U3 Fingers of the Forsaken Hand
U4 Curse of the Khan

C1, C2 and C3 are all placed in the same locale, and share a lot of the same text.  These are heavy on the environment descriptions and sparse on the events and encounters.  DA1 has almost no background story and was basically 100 rooms of, what monster and treasure is next?  S3 had some of the best writing and was creatively constructed with interesting encounters.  U1 and U2 had a good balance of mystery and challenge as players try to figure out "who done it."  U3 was the best of the lot in my opinion as I like high-level, challenging adventures.  U4 was the largest of the adventures by far at 70 pages.  However, the maps were a disaster and basically need to be completely re-done.  The maps aren't labeled and have lots of errors.  I contacted the author asking if he had replacement maps he could e-mail me, but nothing came of it.  That's too bad as the rest of the adventure had some interesting role-playing encounters.  The bottom line is that I have decided to not collect Castles & Crusades adventures, but I'm glad I took advantage of that sale!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:35 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
I can not thank you enough for alerting me to this sale.

Very welcome and glad you managed to pick up some stuff.  :D

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:47 pm 

Troll Lords is having another 99 cents sale which only lasts until Saturday night.

You can read my brief reviews of some of what they are selling below.   8)

benjoshua wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
cdenham wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Troll Lord Games is having an awesome .99 cent sale.

I can not thank you enough for alerting me to this sale.  I ended up buying 26 Castles & Crusades modules for 99 cents each for a total price including shipping of $32.46.  They came quickly and well-packed.

The adventures were definitely worth the 99 cents price.  They are overall good quality, but it seemed like every adventure suffered at least a few typos or errors of some kind.  The writing was decent in most and good from time to time.  If you prefer 1e and 2e, the monster descriptions are easily convertible.  I read the adventures below before selling them all for a $90 profit!   :D

C1 Mortality of Green
C2 Shades of Mist
C3 Upon the Powder River
DA1 Dark Journey
S3 The Malady of Kings
S4 A Lion in the Ropes
U1 Shadows of the Halfling Hall
U2 Verdant Rage
U3 Fingers of the Forsaken Hand
U4 Curse of the Khan

C1, C2 and C3 are all placed in the same locale, and share a lot of the same text.  These are heavy on the environment descriptions and sparse on the events and encounters.  DA1 has almost no background story and was basically 100 rooms of, what monster and treasure is next?  S3 had some of the best writing and was creatively constructed with interesting encounters.  U1 and U2 had a good balance of mystery and challenge as players try to figure out "who done it."  U3 was the best of the lot in my opinion as I like high-level, challenging adventures.  U4 was the largest of the adventures by far at 70 pages.  However, the maps were a disaster and basically need to be completely re-done.  The maps aren't labeled and have lots of errors.  I contacted the author asking if he had replacement maps he could e-mail me, but nothing came of it.  That's too bad as the rest of the adventure had some interesting role-playing encounters.  The bottom line is that I have decided to not collect Castles & Crusades adventures, but I'm glad I took advantage of that sale!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:31 pm 

Just the thing for your RPG & fantasy wargaming collection. What do you think - would a Komatsu manual go best in a really involved campaign, or is it more for beer-&-pretzels gaming? Anyways, this guy's got everything in terms of classic vintage items you should really check out: Bucyrus Erie shovel crane manuals, International Harvester, integrated tool carriers, paydozer loaders, a parts book from Wisconsin Engines...everything!

p.s. "Non TSR" is the correct thread for this post, right?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:53 pm 

I already have all of these, signed by both authors and in mint condition.  Just throwing this out there for any other avid collector who may be missing them.  Heck, if they go cheap enough, I may just bid on them, so let me know if you plan to bid, and I will abstain so as not to drive up the price!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:00 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I dont have this, but I assume the woodgrain box is akin to the od&d woodgrain boxes and thus an item from 1974?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:32 am 

ZardokhasSpoken wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I dont have this, but I assume the woodgrain box is akin to the od&d woodgrain boxes and thus an item from 1974?

Odd that the box contains book one with the GK logo, but the other two are the earlier Guidon books.  Seen pictures of a complete set that is all Guidon books in a TSR box, and I have a later white box set with all GK logos.  Just wondering if mixed sets were normal in between or if this is a franken set of different printings.

Not an expert on these sadly.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:33 am 

ZardokhasSpoken wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:

I already have all of these, signed by both authors and in mint condition.  Just throwing this out there for any other avid collector who may be missing them.  Heck, if they go cheap enough, I may just bid on them, so let me know if you plan to bid, and I will abstain so as not to drive up the price!

These look cool.  Might just have to bid on them. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:37 am 

ZardokhasSpoken wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Yes they are...  I suspect they even might be earlier than ODD as i have a guidon version with a woodgrain with no labels and flipside opening...

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 am 

howdy all, the item is not in great conditions:

...do you think it is somehow interesting as it s one of the few licensed games of the period?

Ciaoo

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:10 am 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Komatsu manual

Nah, do it right:

Hi-Lo: The Lift Truck Game | Image  | BoardGameGeek

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:58 am 

ExTSR wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Nah, do it right:

One could be the source material for the other, if undertaking a serious trucker campaign. Worth it if the prize is a copy of Starstone.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:33 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:howdy all, the item is not in great conditions:

...do you think it is somehow interesting as it s one of the few licensed games of the period?

I had the game as a child, and tracked down incomplete sets to complete mine several years ago.  I think it still holds up well as a child's boardgame :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:18 pm 

The Future King (Moldvay) plus Castle Thrax (Burdick)
Both Spellbinder Games 1985

New, 50 $US direct from publisher

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Advance ... 605248410/

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:07 am 

Auction ends today, hurry up:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 am 

Another one:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

PreviousNext