Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 92123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 909192
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:44 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Is this a rpg or literature?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Necromomicon Press, so literature.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:34 pm 

Mister Yuk wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Pretty wild I just saw this checking a seller's feedback.

Maybe someone got burned once, and was never going to let it happen again?

Attachment:
Untitled 1.jpg

Here's the item:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

It looks like the damage is visible on the box bottom, but did the buyer assume the stains were on the shrink? The seller's other negative feedback suggests that they specialize in trashed stuff.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:43 am 

I don't think those Dungeoneers she sold some months ago were trash, and that wasn't my point.

Hey, if you all want to trash people over $5, excuse me, I'll just stay in my lane for a change.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 pm 

Mister Yuk wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I'll just stay in my lane

Okay, but which lane is your lane?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:34 am 

I miss this HB version... Is it from a kickstarter or smtg similar?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:53 am 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I miss this HB version... Is it from a kickstarter or smtg similar?

I'm not sure which exact edition is in this auction, but there was a similar Ysgarth HB made with that cover illustration in the '90s.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:13 am 

Yes i know that book but afaik it was a softback edition

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:02 am 

Hopefully this still in shrink box set designed (and signed) by Dave Arneson and Richard Snider is interesting:

I don't know much outside the T&T world but I know the seller if folks have questions.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:42 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Yes i know that book but afaik it was a softback edition

I think I remember Dave Nalle mentioning in the '90s that a few copies of 6th-ed Ysgarth were printed in hardback. I don't know if this was ever reprinted in later years. In any case, it would have instantly become obsolete, as Dave was constantly tweaking the rules, & would give players printouts of the current rules (usually on goldenrod-colored paper).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:42 pm 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:

I miss this HB version... Is it from a kickstarter or smtg similar?

The pdf or some electronic version of this one was available from a couple places like Amazon and maybe drivethru.  I'm sure this simply a recent ly printed version of that file - the original releases are softcovers.  A common selling trend that seems to make a lot of sellers money is to print things up in hardcover to sell.  This is the same seller who has sold a number of copies of TSR Gamma World in hardcover.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:47 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:I think I remember Dave Nalle mentioning in the '90s that a few copies of 6th-ed Ysgarth were printed in hardback. I don't know if this was ever reprinted in later years. In any case, it would have instantly become obsolete, as Dave was constantly tweaking the rules, & would give players printouts of the current rules (usually on goldenrod-colored paper).

I'd be surprised if Dave ever printed anything in hardcover - particular in the 90s when 6th-ed was released.  Everything he ever published was done basically as cheaply as possible.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:51 pm 

Yep. But people on eBay will buy anything so long as they think it’s different from the one their mate has got, and it’s easier to buy a little kudos someone else has created than engage the brain and do it themselves. Seems like a a good $40-50 profit in there for the seller so everyone’s a winner.

I wonder how much a hardback Islandia campaign setting would sell for? It would only cost about $30 to print, and I doubt neither the author nor eBay give a sh!t about any copyright issues. Or maybe the hardbound Tortured Souls omnibus with a nice shiny black cover? Some muppets on eBay just gobble that sort of sh!t up.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:02 pm 

VivaVelez wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Hopefully this still in shrink box set designed (and signed) by Dave Arneson and Richard Snider is interesting:

I don't know much outside the T&T world but I know the seller if folks have questions.

It's definitely worth mentioning.  It's beautiful set.  An opened one that wasn't signed recently sold for $713.53:

This was from David A. Wesely's collection, but I doubt that increased the sale price that much.  The Collector's Trove auctions do tend to increase the final prices though.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:27 am 

The higher price is mainly driven by one factor imho: the box is not signed... It is definitely more frequent a signed box! A unsigned box is very uncommon: i think i spotted two or three in 20 years...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:57 am 

The reason it wasn't signed of course is because Arneson gave his friend Dave W. a copy rather than one of the 3000 copies Arneson and Snider signed (getting paid a nickel a box to do so!). I bought Snider's personal copy about 15 years ago and included was a four page explanation/rant of the making and sale of AiF. That's the source of the nickel anecdote quote. I think I paid $113 for it at the time which was more a little more than signed copies were going for then.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 pm 

Two years ago this price would have been ridiculous. Now? Who knows?

H.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:42 pm 

Very interesting lot:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:43 am 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Very interesting lot:

fantastic bargain, but alas no US shipping...

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 92123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 909192