Looking for input on creature descriptions
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:02 pm 

As I polish up the end of a long project I have a question for the hiveminds so I asked this on social networks.  

I think you guys would have a wider perspective though. Thus my question...

Which OSR/Classic TSR Era projects have the best and/or most useful creature descriptions?

Did any product stand out for a detail that should have been more commonly included? Anything you as a consumer would want extra?

I want to avoid lackluster appendices and creature descriptions but not fill them with useless unwanted words (they already have those I suspect)

Thanks in advance :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 am 

Nogrod,
I believe Frog God Games put out some creature tomes in which they included a short game play description of how the creature could be used in a scenario.  I found that very helpful.

Martin Britt

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:41 am 

Prufrock wrote in Looking for input on creature descriptions:Nogrod,
I believe Frog God Games put out some creature tomes in which they included a short game play description of how the creature could be used in a scenario.  I found that very helpful.

Martin Britt

That does. I am not certain I can use it in Death & Taxes appendix but it was an awesome enough reminder that I just made a OneNote page for ideas if they strike me.

Z