Pacesetter Changes
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 pm 

Re:         Changes at Pacesetter Games & Simulations

Date:         July 26, 2015

For many of you this letter may be too little, too late. Pacesetter Games & Simulations is approaching its sixth anniversary, and this should be a time of excitement. However, it has become all too clear, that if PGS is to move forward, significant changes must be initiated.

To be perfectly clear, shipping has been, at best, a roller coaster ride. There have been horrendous delays and errors. I have tried to work through these seemingly incessant shipping disasters. But as soon as I think I have it handled, issues arise and the problems get much worse before they get better. I am not making excuses, and I never have. PGS's shipping problems are my responsibility.

To run PGS at the level required means I need to devote more time to the company than I have available. It is just that simple. Pacesetter customers deserve better. Pacesetter has enjoyed the patronage of fantastic people throughout the years. Through mismanaged shipping, I have also seen many simply give up. That is on me. For those who have remained, I am grateful and indebted. It is not from anything I have done that so many have remained; in fact, despite my futile efforts, many people have been very supportive. But to be perfectly honest, I am not feeling that I deserve that sort of support. I simply have not done enough.

Therefore, it is time for me to completely change Pacesetter operations. I have contacted, at this time unnamed, a company that specializes in gaming shipping fulfillment. Also, all Pacesetter modules will be released in PDF and print form via Drivethrurpg.com, Lulu, or some other entity (I am evaluating which one will work best). For now, here are the changes:

1.        Shipping will be handled completely by a third party.
2.        Noble Knight Games will receive limited quantities of all releases.
3.        All products will be available at conventions attended by Pacesetter
4.        Select modules will be carried by some other vendors at conventions not attended by Pacesetter
5.        All new module releases will generally coincide with specific conventions (NTX, Gary Con, U-Con, and Gen Con).
6.        Most modules will be released in both AD&D and D&D5e versions.

Right now, I am seriously behind in shipping several items. Most of the NTX orders have been sent. However, some have not. I expect to have the balance shipped over the next couple weeks. This includes the delayed B2 Beyond the Caves of Chaos. If you have a concern, please send me an email at your convenience.

For those of you attending Gen Con, I will be at booth 3039 (just help out -- Pacesetter will have a very limited product line at the convention). I will also spend most of my free time at the auction. I hope to see some of you there. Feel free to let me know what you think -- good or bad.

Furthermore, I am selling off some of my collection in order to significantly capitalize Pacesetter. Making modules has never been about the money for me. I created Pacesetter because, like many of you, gaming is my passion and hobby. However, to get things where they need to be, I am going sink some money into the company in order in improve everything I can. I will be posting some items via the Acaeum classifieds. The first three items are listed below.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has purchased Pacesetter modules. I have always been humbled by your support -- many of you have supported me from the beginning. I have stumbled, or flat out fallen into that ten foot deep pit, on too many occasions. It with the deepest conviction that I will move forward and make Pacesetter a better company. Again, feel free to email, text or call me at the contact listings below.

Respectfully,

Bill Barsh
Pacesetter Games & Simulations
[email protected]
248-318-1292

Acaeum Limited Edition Artwork I, II and III: All three are in the original mailing tubes -- I have never opened them. Make me an offer. I would prefer to sell as a set, but will take individual offers.

Ghost Tower of Inverness (TSR Tournament Version): Number 16; I actually used this back in the day so its not perfect, but it is definitely Very Good to Excellent. Make an offer.

Reaper Miniatures Bones II Core Set: Make an offer. Still in original packaging.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:39 am 

Hey Bill,

can you reply to my emails please?

I still havent got the item i paid for.

Cheers,
karen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 am 

Progress continues on catching up/finishing back orders, etc.

At this point all the NTX packages have gone out with a just a few exceptions because of other issues. Those should be corrected by middle of next week.

I am also going through emails dating back to January of this year. I am doing this because there may be other unresolved issues. I have been notified by at least a few people that they have sent numerous emails with no response. I don't ignore emails - I always respond. I have even posted my phone number for those who want to use that route to reach me.

If you have sent emails with no response, I never got them. Could be in spam or blocked. As anyone in my address book can attest, I have been hacked six times (that I know of) this year alone. Yahoo's answer is to change my password. It does not seem to matter.

I have contracted to have my website redesigned and removed from Yahoo merchant services. While I love many of the Yahoo features, it just seems buggy. I get duplicate order numbers from different customers, addresses that don't transfer correctly to stamps.com, and seemingly constant email hacks. At this point, I am shooting for a new website by December.

In the meantime, I will continue to chase down errors on my part and get any and all issues resolved as soon as possible. I know there are more things to get corrected and back orders to get out. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any issue. If I don't reply to an email within 24 hours (usually much less than that), it probably means I did not net it.

Therefore:
Always try FIRST - [email protected]  
Feel free to email me at [email protected] IF you don't get a reply within 24 hours.
OR  text or call me at 248-318-1292
OR use facebook messenger (not a post - I don't check FB very often) - I have the app so it dings me in real time

Again, I appreciate the patience as I get things straightened out.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/