[Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:01 am 

For some reason, Bill doesn't seem to have posted that we have emailed the download instructions for the Quests of Doom books to Kickstarter backers, sent the pdfs to the printers, and opened the books up for preorder (free pdf with book purchase immediately available). These are the 2 books with the 5th edition adventures (12 and 6 respectively), the single book with all 18 adventures in Pathfinder, and the single book with all 18 adventures in Swords & Wizardry.

The book has an awesome author lineup, with Ed Greenwood, Jim Ward, Skip Williams, Steve Winter, and later authors including me, Bill, Michael Curtis, Casey Christofferson, and J. Collura.

If it didn't cross your radar earlier, here's the link to the 18-adventure book (both S&W and PFRPG on this page):
Quests of Doom Complete (PF/SW) | Frog God Games

(funny, I keep seeing that "pfsw" at the end as "nsfw")

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 am 

Mythmere1 wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:For some reason, Bill doesn't seem to have posted that we have emailed the download instructions for the Quests of Doom books to Kickstarter backers, sent the pdfs to the printers, and opened the books up for preorder (free pdf with book purchase immediately available).

I think that should read "emailed the download instructions to *some* Kickstarter backers". I haven't received mine yet. Nor has there been any update posted on Kickstarter confirming that download instructions have, in fact, been sent out. I had exactly the same issue with Fifth Edition Foes -- I only received emailed download instructions about four days after the book was made generally available for PDF purchase. While I was very happy with the quality of the book when I eventually got it, it is a bit frustrating that I've now twice only been able to get my PDF after the general release. That makes me question the wisdom of being a backer -- I'd have been better off just waiting for the public release!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:15 pm 

Echohawk wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:
Mythmere1 wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:For some reason, Bill doesn't seem to have posted that we have emailed the download instructions for the Quests of Doom books to Kickstarter backers, sent the pdfs to the printers, and opened the books up for preorder (free pdf with book purchase immediately available).

I think that should read "emailed the download instructions to *some* Kickstarter backers". I haven't received mine yet. Nor has there been any update posted on Kickstarter confirming that download instructions have, in fact, been sent out. I had exactly the same issue with Fifth Edition Foes -- I only received emailed download instructions about four days after the book was made generally available for PDF purchase. While I was very happy with the quality of the book when I eventually got it, it is a bit frustrating that I've now twice only been able to get my PDF after the general release. That makes me question the wisdom of being a backer -- I'd have been better off just waiting for the public release!

Echohawk, if you still haven't received it, please email me at mythmere at yahoo dot com so I can put you in touch with Chris to fix it. We did have a problem with a large number of the emails being bounced back to us because for some reason Microsoft servers started blocking us during the distribution process and it took us a while to find out that was the problem. We emailed those people back, but if you didn't get your confirmation you may have gotten missed on the re-mailing somehow.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 pm 

Mythmere1 wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:Echohawk, if you still haven't received it, please email me at mythmere at yahoo dot com so I can put you in touch with Chris to fix it. We did have a problem with a large number of the emails being bounced back to us because for some reason Microsoft servers started blocking us during the distribution process and it took us a while to find out that was the problem. We emailed those people back, but if you didn't get your confirmation you may have gotten missed on the re-mailing somehow.

Thanks for offering to sort this out Mythmere -- that's much appreciated, and mail sent!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:15 pm 

Echohawk wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:
Mythmere1 wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:Echohawk, if you still haven't received it, please email me at mythmere at yahoo dot com so I can put you in touch with Chris to fix it. We did have a problem with a large number of the emails being bounced back to us because for some reason Microsoft servers started blocking us during the distribution process and it took us a while to find out that was the problem. We emailed those people back, but if you didn't get your confirmation you may have gotten missed on the re-mailing somehow.

Thanks for offering to sort this out Mythmere -- that's much appreciated, and mail sent!

I just forwarded the email (and copied you on the forward) to Chris Haskins. We'll see what happened and get you a copy asap.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:32 pm 

Did anyone else here get their pdf email(s) for download? or got it sorted out after the fact? I looked back through my email and saw I only received the advertisement email that Quests of Doom was available for pre-order in Feb. I sent a message via Kickstarter earlier this week but still haven't heard anything back. Just curious if they are way behind in getting back to everyone.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:08 pm 

misterspock wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:Did anyone else here get their pdf email(s) for download? or got it sorted out after the fact? I looked back through my email and saw I only received the advertisement email that Quests of Doom was available for pre-order in Feb. I sent a message via Kickstarter earlier this week but still haven't heard anything back. Just curious if they are way behind in getting back to everyone.

I did get my Quests of Doom PDF, but only thanks to the above intervention. However, I notice that Book of Lost Spells has been released, and I did not received any mail about that one either, so that'll be three out three I've had to chase manually, which is rather irritating.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:06 pm 

I'll let you know when I hear something and have them contact you too and have them post on this thread.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 pm 

Echohawk wrote in [Frog God Games] Quests of Doom Adventure Book:I did get my Quests of Doom PDF, but only thanks to the above intervention. However, I notice that Book of Lost Spells has been released, and I did not received any mail about that one either, so that'll be three out three I've had to chase manually, which is rather irritating.

I think this is being sorted out per those last two updates, however nothing's finalized for me yet. Funny how it was worded on the updates "some folks still haven't downloaded their PDFs"  :o

Necromancer Games: Back for 5th Edition! by Necromancer Games — Kickstarter

Quests of Doom - Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry Modules by Frog God Games — Kickstarter

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:50 pm 

I got emails about the PDFs a while back but have had trouble with my account on their system.  But that got sorted out and I have downloaded all 4 of the 5e pdfs.

5e Foes PDF was available on Jan 22 for download
Quest of Doom PDFs on Feb 21
and Lost Spells on March 2

so they have all been available for a while.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:04 pm 

This did get sorted out but it wasn't a problem with any account on the system. If anyone is still waiting on theirs, contact Chris directly at FGG to fix this since I had received no replies to direct messages on kickstarter and the posts/comments seemed to go unanswered.