Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:19 am 

Thank you.
Funds sent....  :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 am 

Just a quick update...

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who has purchased copies!  I appreciate your support.

If you have paid for your book(s) already but don't see a PAID next to your handle, it's probably because I haven't made the connection between your paypal payment and you.  Just send me a PM so I can make sure I mark you paid.

I'm sending off 2 versions of the book to the local printer today - they aren't sure they can print the color background on the cover without changing the cardstock to something thinner (which I don't want) so I'll hopefully get a proof of that to look at.  The other version is a white cardstock.  Both versions have the full color art on the cover of course.

It looks like I'm printing around 60 copies... between Acaeum members and a surpising number of KS supporters, I received more than the minimum 25!  Of the 60, a few will go to NTRPGCon, and few more will be left over for issues/stragglers.

I'll let you know how the proof(s) look - I hope to get them in a day or two, and post the pics here and on my website.

Thanks!

Thom

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:06 am 

Paid!  Thanks.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:42 pm 

Oops! I was away from email for several days. Is it too late to jump in? I would love to get one collector's copy.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm 

Paid for the french part :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:58 am 

u2622 wrote in ThrowiGames Non-KS Project - False Promises:Oops! I was away from email for several days. Is it too late to jump in? I would love to get one collector's copy.

Not too late, have a few extra copies still.  You have one if you want it.  See the top thread for a link to the PayPal address.

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 am 

A status update...

I'm working out details (and issues) with the local printer - I have to adjust the layout a bit for them since my layout was initially for my former printer.  Turns out the owner of the company knows very little about the actual set up, but his assistant is extremely knowledgeable and has given me the "correct' layout.  Fun.  It will take me a day or two to adjust it and resubmit.   Looks like the print proof will likely be done on Monday now.  That's still faster than it would have taken my other printer (turn around was usually 2-3 weeks for them).  More news when I get it.

Thanks,

Thom

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 pm 

Payment sent, thanks Thom!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 am 

cabala wrote in ThrowiGames Non-KS Project - False Promises:Payment sent, thanks Thom!

Got it cabala, thanks!

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:56 pm 

Just a quick update...

The final (FINAL) book is complete with all the new publisher's layout specs in place.  It was submitted this morning and I believe I may have a physical proof by tomorrow... Once I have a *satisfactory* physical copy, I'll post the pics here.

I've also numbered the Acaeum member's books by order of payment (excluding #1 and #4, already locked up by previous KS backers desperate for those numbers)... I think NTRPGCon will get copies 50-52 for those interested.

I'm preparing the PDF version for DriveThruRPG this week - removing the bleed for print, adding watermarking, etc. Should be up there sometime next week.  Those here who have bought a print copy can get the PDF for free - I'm not automatically sending them out so if you want one, just let me know.

If this works out with the new printer, I'll restructure the layout of Part 2 (written, but not playtested/edited, and no art yet) for their format.

Finally, I've ordered all the rigid mailers and boxes, they should be here Wednesday.

Anyway, that's where we are.

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:41 pm 

Picked up the proof today - it looks pretty good for draft quality.  They had an issue w/ their printers yesterday so the proof is "dirtier" than normal, but I was more focused on the cut of the paper, alignment, etc.

The only issue I see is with the fold/spine.  Since they printed the color background (blue), there are flakes of white at the bend.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  The printer doesn't have heavyweight color cardstock for covers, so it's plain white or a printed color.  I'll add pictures to the thread when i get home tonight.  I may ask you all for your opinion on the cover background - white or printed blue (with the edge issue).  

They said they could print  the 60 books on Friday.  With the mailers arriving tomorrow (weather permitting, I'm in CT an we're supposed to get over a foot of snow), I might be able to pack all these up to ship early next week!  (Note, if we decided to go with a white cover, I'd probably get a proof just to make sure it looks good - this would set back the shipping date a few days.)

Again, pictures later...

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 pm 

Okay, here are the pictures...

s1382.photobucket.com/user/throwi/embed ... slideshow/

You can see from the binding pictures that the blue color is flaking off with the bend, showing white.  Is this acceptable or would you prefer the background to be white?

Thoughts?

Thom

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:48 am 

The book looks great! I quite like the blue :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:52 am 

Thunderdave wrote in ThrowiGames Non-KS Project - False Promises:The book looks great! I quite like the blue :)

I prefer the blue is well - the way it looks with the blue in the picture is great!

But those fold tears... do those bother you?

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:20 pm 

I don't know much about the actual production of a module, but could you leave a small line of white space where the cover is supposed to bend? Might take care of the problem. I vaguely remember seeing other modules that did that, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:59 pm 

GreyM wrote in ThrowiGames Non-KS Project - False Promises:I don't know much about the actual production of a module, but could you leave a small line of white space where the cover is supposed to bend? Might take care of the problem. I vaguely remember seeing other modules that did that, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I've received that info from others as well - I'll try to work that out tomorrow.

Thanks for the input!

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:43 am 

I found out on Friday that my local publisher was closed for the Thanksgiving holiday (extended)... I was hoping to get another proof with the last change made - I took GreyM's (and others) recommendation to create a white fold line but need to see how it will look.  I should have a proof on Monday.  If it looks good, I'll get them printed.  [the fold was my only issue so as long as the white spine is okay, it's a go]

More pics on Monday... enjoy the weekend everyone!

Thom

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 am 

Good morning all!

My latest cover layout has been sent to the printer this morning.  They usually turn around the proof in a day - if these look good, I'll order a print run.  I originally was going to print 60 copies, but I think I'll increase it to 65 just in case I need a few extras.

Thanks,

Thom

PreviousNext