NTRPG and GaryCon module list?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:37 am 

Hi All ...
I have bought a few NTRPG and GaryCon modules over the past few months from members. It has been a fun reading them, and I am looking forward to finding some more. I tried to find a complete listing of the GaryCon & NTRPG modules here, but have not found one. Does someone have a list? I would volunteer search the forums here to create one, but I would need a ton of help. Also wondering if this might be a candidate for a sub forum. Again, I would be willing to head up the effort, but would need lots of input.

thanks,
Dustin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:57 am 

There is a thread for Ntrpgcon modules:

Re: NTRPG Con Modules

For the record here is the list:

2nd Annual NTRPGCon - 2010

Digest: Palace of the Vampire Queen - 100/ea (Wee Warriors) (OD&D)
Digest: Ursined, Sealed & Delivered - 50/ea (Dennis Sustare) - ran at the 2010 NTRPGCon (S&W)
Digest: High in the Hellgate Mountains - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the GenCon 2009 Acaeum Dinner (OD&D)
Digest: Temple of the Weaver Queen - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the 2009 NTRPGCon (OD&D)
Digest: Black Ridge Island series (1-3) - 20/ea (Ben Burns) (AD&D 1E)
Digest: Dark Shore - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios) (AD&D)
Digest: Storm Struck - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios) (AD&D)
Digest: Sunken Shrine - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios) (AD&D)
Digest: The Forge - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios) (AD&D)
Digest: Border Scorge - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios) (AD&D)

3rd Annual NTRPGCon - 2011

Digest: Dwarven Glory - 50/ea 1st prints - 45/ea 2nd prints (Wee Warriors) (OD&D)
Digest: The Dark Abbot of KOS / Hive of the Wasp Men - [flip book] - 50/ea 1st prints - 20/ea 2nd prints (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2010 NTRPGCon (B/X & Gamma World)
Digest: Onto the Devil's Skillet - 50/ea 1st prints - 25/ea 2nd prints (Tim Kask) - ran at the 2010 NTRPGCon (OD&D)
Digest: Snake Riders of the Aradondo - 50/ea 1st prints - 16/ea 2nd prints (Tim Kask) - ran at the GenCon 2010 Acaeum Dinner (OD&D)
Digest: Return to the Frozen North - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at GaryCon 2010 [printed for/sold at GaryCon] (OD&D)
Digest: Tower of the Mad Wizard - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at GaryCon 2009 [printed for/sold at GaryCon] (OD&D)
Digest: Tourist Traps - 50/ea 1st prints - 17/ea 2nd prints (Dennis Sustare) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon (S&W)

(ok, the 2nd print stuff was NOT off the top of my head, I am not that good)

4th Annual NTRPGCon - 2012

Digest: The Misty Isles - 100/ea (Wee Warriors) - the final booklet had misprinted center maps, an additional map booklet was also printed with the intent of being inserted in place of the bad maps. No clue how may people might have inserted the maps into the booklet after removing the misprinted maps... I did mine at least (OD&D)
Digest: Island Town - 100/ea (Erol Otus) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon (AD&D)
Digest: Tomb of Amemnes - 75/ea (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon (B/X)
Digest: Death of Tlangeshan - 75/ea (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon (EPT)
Digest: Rendezvous With Ruinator - 50/ea (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon (Gamma World)
Digest: Castle of Glass - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the GenCon 2011 Acaeum Dinner (OD&D)
Digest: The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the 2011 GaryCon (OD&D)

5th Annual NTRPGCon - 2013

Digest: The Wizard's Amulet - 100/ea (Frog God) (S&W)
Digest: A Simple Clearing of the Land - 75/ea (James M. Ward) - 5 were given to Jim (Generic, Solo play)
Digest: The Long Hard Mile - 80/ea (James M. Ward) - 5 were given to Jim (Generic, solo Metamorphosis Alpha)
Digest: Tomb of the Lost Pharaoh - 75/ea (James M. Ward) - 5 were given to Jim (Generic, D&D)

6th Annual NTRPGCon - 2014

Digest: Island Town: Expedition---100 copies (Erol Otus)   Ran at the 2012 NTRPG con (AD&D)

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Last edited by Badmike on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:07 pm 

There was the 2009 NTX version of the Goodman Games module, too (although IIRC it wasn't old school but was 4e or 3.5e or something like that).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:54 am 

The Red Queen Digest Series was created specifically for NTX 5 and sold individually and in the box at NTX (at the Pacesetter booth and at the Registration table). These are four individual digest modules that share a linked story line but use different classic TSR RPG rule systems. They have the NTX logo and were only available for the convention period. I did them because there was a shortage of digests that year. It is up to you whether they are included in this list. I believe Doug still has some, but I am not sure about that. All the remaining copies at the end of the convention were kept by NTX.

RQ1 Sacrifice (AD&D adventure)
RQ2 Shootout (Boot Hill adventure)
RQ3 Cold War (Top Secret adventure)
RQ4 Armageddon (Gamma World adventure)

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 pm 

bbarsh wrote in NTRPG and GaryCon module list?:The Red Queen Digest Series was created specifically for NTX 5 and sold individually and in the box at NTX (at the Pacesetter booth and at the Registration table). These are four individual digest modules that share a linked story line but use different classic TSR RPG rule systems. They have the NTX logo and were only available for the convention period. I did them because there was a shortage of digests that year. It is up to you whether they are included in this list. I believe Doug still has some, but I am not sure about that. All the remaining copies at the end of the convention were kept by NTX.

RQ1 Sacrifice (AD&D adventure)
RQ2 Shootout (Boot Hill adventure)
RQ3 Cold War (Top Secret adventure)
RQ4 Armageddon (Gamma World adventure)

There was the 2009 NTX version of the Goodman Games module, too (although IIRC it wasn't old school but was 4e or 3.5e or something like that).

Thanks Allan and Bill  While not actual NTRPG Con publications, these were unique items only available at the con.

Dungeon Crawl Classics C9 Tomb of the Blind God (A 4e adventure) by Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Goodman Games, 2009
NTRPG con version, Erol Otus Cover
Available only at 3 (4?) conventions in 2009, each came with a unique logo signifying what con they came from.  Limited to 150 copies, and available only at our 1st convention (still have some copies left)

RQ1-4 The Red Queen Boxed Set by Bill Barsh
Pacesetter Games, 2013
NTRPG con version, limited to 100 numbered copies
Contains four booklets and seven mapcards, booklets each feature an adventure, using AD&D, Boot Hill, Gamma World and Top Secret
I believe we might have a bare handful of copies left, which will probably turn up as raffle prizes or silent auction items in years to come.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 pm 

I added the game systems for each NTRPG con publication as I remember them.

For a sneak preview, we already have a few irons in the fire for next year.  Michael Curtis' "The Great Stonehell Lazer Massacre" should make an appearance in digest form, an adventure mash-up for Stonehell Dungeon (using Labyrinth Lord rules) that Michael ran at the 2013 NTRPG con.  We have an adventure/solo play digest from Jim Ward that needs to be edited, and we have been given permisssion to publish a tournament module by the great R.C. Pinnell (Thorkhammer) should we wish to do so.  There is also a secret project underway that involves a longtime NTRPG con guest, some work he did a long time ago, and certain permissions obtained from another guest that must remain under wraps for now until final details are worked out.  And for the last few years I have had hopes Doug would possibly give the thumbs up to publish copies of one of the Wee Warriors board games we have permissions for (Labyrinthine, Vanquished Foe, or Dragonlords) but we might just have to wait a little longer on those.  As always we are looking forward to any adventures Steve Winter, Dennis Sustare, Erol Otus, etc might decide to toss our way!   I will promise that in years to come we won't get caught with just one NTRPG Con digest again, even if I have to write some myself.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 am 

Badmike wrote in NTRPG and GaryCon module list?:  I will promise that in years to come we won't get caught with just one NTRPG Con digest again, even if I have to write some myself.

Mike B.

Perhaps, Delve into Chez Burger of Bacon Despair.. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:25 am 

Recnt digest adds, Doug can clean up these numbers:

The Great Stonehell Lazer Massacre by Michael Curtis (2015, 100 copies, I believe)
Ouiblette by Chris Clark (2015, 25 copies?)
Oracle of the Three Towers by Jim Ward and Chris Clark (2015, 25 copies? This one is so rare even I didn't know Doug had printed any until THIS year, and I snatched up what I think was the last copy we had....)

Mike B.