Failed Kickstarters
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 am 

I honestly hadn't considered such an approach. Not a bad idea.
Although I might need a disclaimer right up until I send everything into the printer. heh... it seems like I always find something to adjust at the last minute.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:05 pm 

this one isn't an official failure yet but will be. I wonder how Kickstarter allows stuff like this to legally get through?

Nightmare on Elm Street(working title) by Joshua Meeks — Kickstarter

here's this guy's "bio"
I never got to film school. Took T.V Prod in High School. And that was it. Everything else. I taught myself or learn from youtuber's. . You can learn almost anything from home and online. As far, as what I've done. Years ago. All my work was lost in a fire at my parents house. I could never recover any of it and life happens. And like I said. I do have Claudia Well(BTTF) interested in being in this. As well as, A few other (prof) actors.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:45 pm 

misterspock wrote in Failed Kickstarters:this one isn't an official failure yet but will be. I wonder how Kickstarter allows stuff like this to legally get through?

here's this guy's "bio"
I never got to film school. Took T.V Prod in High School. And that was it. Everything else. I taught myself or learn from youtuber's. . You can learn almost anything from home and online. As far, as what I've done. Years ago. All my work was lost in a fire at my parents house. I could never recover any of it and life happens. And like I said. I do have Claudia Well(BTTF) interested in being in this. As well as, A few other (prof) actors.

I love this:
To-Be-Failed Kickstarter wrote:I have come too far, so soon. To let anything stop me.

Me too. I come too far, so soon.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:52 pm 

copycat wrote in Failed Kickstarters:
misterspock wrote in Failed Kickstarters:this one isn't an official failure yet but will be. I wonder how Kickstarter allows stuff like this to legally get through?

here's this guy's "bio"

I love this:
To-Be-Failed Kickstarter wrote:I have come too far, so soon. To let anything stop me.

Me too. I come too far, so soon.

Hyster. ical.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:57 pm 

I hope she won't be offended if her name isn't spelled correctly in the credits for his film if, it ever. Comes to be.

I do have Claudia Well(BTTF) interested in being in this

Save, The clock. Tower!

https://www.facebook.com/ClaudiaWellsActress?fref=ts
Claudia Wells - IMDb

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:32 pm 

here's this guy's "bio"

What could, possible. Go wrongg?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:48 pm 

Chainsaw wrote in Failed Kickstarters:

here's this guy's "bio"

What could, possible. Go wrongg?

This is an unofficial prequel to, the first movie. With real actors and professional help. Claudia Wells and a few surprises.

Surprises. Like. Punctuation in the, wrong places.

Mike. B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:42 pm 

If you read it with a professional wrestler's voice (Randy "The Macho Man" Savage probably works best) it actually makes perfect sense.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Failed Kickstarters:If you read it with a professional wrestler's voice (Randy "The Macho Man" Savage probably works best) it actually makes perfect sense.

:lol:

(that actually does work)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:15 pm 

My vote is he was out of breath running from IP lawyers and his high school English teacher.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:52 pm 

*sigh* I really need a new venue that isn't Kickstarter to fund new releases.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm 

Lloyd,

Don't be disheartened.  KS isn't the place it was a few years ago but I believe people are still supporting projects where creators have good track records and communicate well.  Am I going to make $100k on my project?  Of course not.  Do I carefully plan each KS using a CBA xls?  Hell yes.  [btw:  if KS added a step that forced people to put numbers in a tool to calculate costs/expenses and margins, we'd have a lot less failures - some people just have no idea how to calculate ROI.]

Personally, I'm okay with selling 50-100 books and making a small profit - this money goes right in to art for the next book anyway.  It's not like I'm funding a Disney trip with it  [after all, I'm not the Huntons   :roll:  ]

Keep at it my friend!  Your work is good and people will support it!

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:29 am 

Yea there are a couple folks doing it well. I'd ask Jeff Talanian for pointers as well.
But definitely good luck!
--Ron--

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:42 pm 

Lmetcalf wrote in Failed Kickstarters:*sigh* I really need a new venue that isn't Kickstarter to fund new releases.

Looks like your project funded, no?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 pm 

throwi wrote in Failed Kickstarters:Lloyd,

Don't be disheartened.  KS isn't the place it was a few years ago but I believe people are still supporting projects where creators have good track records and communicate well.  
~throwi

Agreed, I still back all the Onyx Path Publishing (White Wolf) deluxe edition kickstarters. They have never failed and always come through. Some others, not so much as evident in this post. I'm still hassling with Chenault Publishing on getting all the add-ons from the Storyteller's Thesaurus for over 6 months. It's like how hard is it to correct not sending me items. Just send them!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:23 pm 

cabala wrote in Failed Kickstarters:It's like how hard is it to correct not sending me items. Just send them!

I agree with this sentiment.  I have the same issue with Chaosium.  Other people seem have gotten their items and Chaosium has told me "they should be at the post office" but 4 months later I can't get a response from anyone there and no package.

PreviousNext