Failed Kickstarters
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm 

throwi wrote in Failed Kickstarters:Looks like this one is by Sue Hunton from WI:

Dungeon Wheels: Critical Hits & Fumbles by Pioneer Dungeons & Games — Kickstarter

Any relation?  I actually missed backing this because I was away... perhaps a blessing in disguise?

~throwi

Who for fucks sake backed this piece of shit?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:59 pm 

Well, I didn't but thought about it for a second.  I'm always intrigued by something a little different.  Call me crazy but it interested me.

I still use the AD&D wheel from the Dragon or Dungeon magazine from time to time...

~throwi

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:06 am 

I'm ready to do a Kickstarter if y'all will pony up some cash and not complain...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:50 am 

I know this is an old thread...

I was wandering the internet late tonight while dealing with New England allergies and stumbled across the Hunton threads.  I noticed that their FB pages have lots of pictures at Cons and Disney.  At least we know where all their KS backer money went.  ;-)

~throwi

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:27 am 

I will nudge this along again myself.
With folks getting gun shy on Kickstarters (understandably and can see why) Where are gun-shy Acaeum members looking for new OSR supplements and adventures?

Yeah DriveThru RPG, but any others?
I am wondering because as Kickstarter force seems to be waning for OSR indie publications, I want to still get to the right place with the modules I put into print.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:21 am 

I have strayed away from Kickstarter - having been burned on a few too many times.   I generally prefer the method, as some Acaeum members have done:
* start a thread to show the module you are working on, make a few updates to show progress - maps, cover, etc.  Then when it is nearing time to head to the printers, ask who is interested and build a list (for a couple weeks).  When its ready to go, - determine pricing for 1 or 2 modules shipped to within the US, Canada and International and then ask people to pay.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 am 

I honestly hadn't considered such an approach. Not a bad idea.
Although I might need a disclaimer right up until I send everything into the printer. heh... it seems like I always find something to adjust at the last minute.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:05 pm 

this one isn't an official failure yet but will be. I wonder how Kickstarter allows stuff like this to legally get through?

Nightmare on Elm Street(working title) by Joshua Meeks — Kickstarter

here's this guy's "bio"
I never got to film school. Took T.V Prod in High School. And that was it. Everything else. I taught myself or learn from youtuber's. . You can learn almost anything from home and online. As far, as what I've done. Years ago. All my work was lost in a fire at my parents house. I could never recover any of it and life happens. And like I said. I do have Claudia Well(BTTF) interested in being in this. As well as, A few other (prof) actors.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:45 pm 

misterspock wrote in Failed Kickstarters:this one isn't an official failure yet but will be. I wonder how Kickstarter allows stuff like this to legally get through?

here's this guy's "bio"
I never got to film school. Took T.V Prod in High School. And that was it. Everything else. I taught myself or learn from youtuber's. . You can learn almost anything from home and online. As far, as what I've done. Years ago. All my work was lost in a fire at my parents house. I could never recover any of it and life happens. And like I said. I do have Claudia Well(BTTF) interested in being in this. As well as, A few other (prof) actors.

I love this:
To-Be-Failed Kickstarter wrote:I have come too far, so soon. To let anything stop me.

Me too. I come too far, so soon.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:52 pm 

copycat wrote in Failed Kickstarters:
misterspock wrote in Failed Kickstarters:this one isn't an official failure yet but will be. I wonder how Kickstarter allows stuff like this to legally get through?

here's this guy's "bio"

I love this:
To-Be-Failed Kickstarter wrote:I have come too far, so soon. To let anything stop me.

Me too. I come too far, so soon.

Hyster. ical.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:57 pm 

I hope she won't be offended if her name isn't spelled correctly in the credits for his film if, it ever. Comes to be.

I do have Claudia Well(BTTF) interested in being in this

Save, The clock. Tower!

https://www.facebook.com/ClaudiaWellsActress?fref=ts
Claudia Wells - IMDb

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:32 pm 

here's this guy's "bio"

What could, possible. Go wrongg?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:48 pm 

Chainsaw wrote in Failed Kickstarters:

here's this guy's "bio"

What could, possible. Go wrongg?

This is an unofficial prequel to, the first movie. With real actors and professional help. Claudia Wells and a few surprises.

Surprises. Like. Punctuation in the, wrong places.

Mike. B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:42 pm 

If you read it with a professional wrestler's voice (Randy "The Macho Man" Savage probably works best) it actually makes perfect sense.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Failed Kickstarters:If you read it with a professional wrestler's voice (Randy "The Macho Man" Savage probably works best) it actually makes perfect sense.

:lol:

(that actually does work)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:15 pm 

My vote is he was out of breath running from IP lawyers and his high school English teacher.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:52 pm 

*sigh* I really need a new venue that isn't Kickstarter to fund new releases.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm 

Lloyd,

Don't be disheartened.  KS isn't the place it was a few years ago but I believe people are still supporting projects where creators have good track records and communicate well.  Am I going to make $100k on my project?  Of course not.  Do I carefully plan each KS using a CBA xls?  Hell yes.  [btw:  if KS added a step that forced people to put numbers in a tool to calculate costs/expenses and margins, we'd have a lot less failures - some people just have no idea how to calculate ROI.]

Personally, I'm okay with selling 50-100 books and making a small profit - this money goes right in to art for the next book anyway.  It's not like I'm funding a Disney trip with it  [after all, I'm not the Huntons   :roll:  ]

Keep at it my friend!  Your work is good and people will support it!

~throwi

PreviousNext