Lesser Gnome - The First Sentinel Ltd Edition
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:38 am 

The Nexid watchtowers are reappearing in the land. One has been found. A reclusive adventurer has stumbled upon it and become ensnared by a powerful magic item at the tower's top. Can he be freed? Should he?

The First Sentinel is the next old-school adventure release from the ENnie Award Gnominees at Lesser Gnome. Within its pages Game Masters have a complete adventure for three to six players using character levels between three and five. Characters are tasked with solving a small mystery involving a missing resident. Clues could offer muted warnings or, if followed closely, will bring them face to face with a vanguard of the demonic Nexid.

Written by Edwin Nagy, illustrated by Lloyd Metcalf and produced by Lesser Gnome The First Sentinel is designed for use with classic fantasy role-playing systems. It is scheduled to ship in October worldwide for $25 plus shipping.
This limited edition will be printed only once in the fashionable retro gaming styles of yore. Lesser Gnomes' first-ever limited edition release, Bird of a Feather, sold out of its print run in its entirety.  If I needed another copy now I would be forced to steal one from my Mom.

Included with the limited edition of The First Sentinel-

• The First Sentinel 16 page adventure booklet written by Edwin Nagy and edited by John Hammerle.
• The custom sculpted 28 mm Nexid Spider figurine by Tim Prow cast in a translucent resin.
• A detached folded cover with original art by Lloyd Metcalf. So retro it requires a save vs. nostalgia to open (failure leads to  uncontrollable reminiscing about gaming days of yore).
• A full color 11" x 17" Map Insert (including the Original Whisper Vale Map by Alyssa Faden, as well as the specific adventure location with added detail).

Finally…

Here are some images of the Nexid Spider (sculpt by Tim Prow).

A few last minute surprises might make it in as well.

Reserve a copy by directing your browsing software of choice to
http://lessergnome.com/product/firstsentinel/

SPECIAL NOTE- Acaeum members that prefer signed copies will have their requests happily granted. Be aware that I am not the primary author so signed copies requires some air miles and about an extra month of time. Edwin lives on a less fashionable side of North America than we do but, as the author, he will be receiving copies once they are printed. I can ship as many extras for him to sign and return to us as requested.

NEXT SPECIAL NOTE: I can still accommodate orders with two copies who prefer only one be signed.

Thanks everyone for your continuing support of Lesser Gnome and mark your calendars for October so we can find out whether Death & Taxes are truly inevitable.

Zach Glazar
Lesser Gnome

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm 

Looks cool Zach, I'll be getting one.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:52 am 

I second that.  Looks good.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 am 

stratochamp wrote in Lesser Gnome - The First Sentinel Ltd Edition:Looks cool Zach, I'll be getting one.

dbartman wrote in Lesser Gnome - The First Sentinel Ltd Edition:I second that.  Looks good.

Thank you Gentlemen!

Once again the response from everyone has been very enthusiastic. I just received the third round of comments from the proofreader and feel confident The First Sentinel will exceed the expectations of the most discriminating RPG aficionados and collectors.

Looking forward to getting everyone the chance to see if my confidence is justified in October.

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:30 pm 

Hi Zach,

If you already have these printed and in stock, please hold a set for me. I will make my online purchase tomorrow morning.

Thanks in Advance - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:13 am 

The First Sentinel is shipping!!!

I am numbering them right now. (on the sticker that seals the bag, fear not my collecting friends). I am sending them in the purchase order. Yes, even if you didn't use the website I have a timestamp list :)

I think they came out quite nice. You do not need to take my word for it though, you should all have yours shipped in the next few days. Unless you wanted a signed copy, those are packed up and headed to the author tomorrow morning.

About 80% of the limited edition print run is going out to pre-orders over the next few days.

If you did not pre-order them and want one before they are gone feel free to head over to -    The First Sentinel Limited Edition First Print | Lesser Gnome

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:05 pm 

Received my copies! Thanks Zack!

(I was thinking you will hold them until Death taxes is released)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:48 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Lesser Gnome - The First Sentinel Ltd Edition:Received my copies! Thanks Zack!

(I was thinking you will hold them until Death taxes is released)

Heh. I am glad they arrived safe. I hate taking money to hold limited release products and was happy to send it :)

Happy Holidays,

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:52 am 

As a soi-dissant industry leader Lesser Gnome (well, me really) has gotten an upgrade. To me nothing says "small company pretending to be big" more than shrink wrap.

Behold! Shrink wrap.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:52 pm 

is there going to be a retail version later?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:17 am 

Somehow I missed ordering this!

I just placed an order.  Please put me on the list for a signed copy.   :)

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:35 pm 

Joe Franke wrote in Lesser Gnome - The First Sentinel Ltd Edition:is there going to be a retail version later?

There will be (just like Bird of a Feather) but I don't have a timeframe yet. I expect by the end of the year.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:39 pm 

cdenham wrote in Lesser Gnome - The First Sentinel Ltd Edition:Somehow I missed ordering this!

I just placed an order.  Please put me on the list for a signed copy.   :)

I saw that this morning, thank you :)

I shipped it before I saw this, but I recognized the Acaeum name in your email. I am 90% certain I pulled the last signed copy I had and put it in your envelope. If it wasn't signed email me and I can fix that for you easily enough in June when I see Edwin at NTRPG Con.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 pm 

Lesser Gnome stuff is great.  Can't wait to see all the new KS stuff when it arrives!