Center Stage Miniatures -  MIA?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm 

Does anyone personally know Matt from Center Stage Miniatures?  His kickstarter is really late (original delivery date Dec 2013 - and he has stopped posting updates or replying to personal emails.  (He is a member of Acaeum - but hasn't logged in here since February 2014).

I expect delays on kickstarters (that's the norm) - but this is pretty late - and he hasn't posted anything since August.  Many have tried contacting him - to no avail.  Also, the CSM website is also down (http://www.centerstageminis.com/).

I'm guessing something seriously went wrong - and the kickstarter won't be delivered.  Anyone within Acacaeum know the scoop as to what's going on?

Thanks,
Nick

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:18 pm 

Dang.  I'm owed from a purchase I made on the website too.  Matt used to reply to emails promising to make good on the order but I haven't been able to get a response from him in a while.

Like you, I assume my money is gone.    :thumbdown:

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:57 pm 

I guess your money is gone. As our money for other CSM modules/projects Center Stage Minis/Pacesetter Collaboration Part III

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:18 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Center Stage Miniatures -  MIA?:I guess your money is gone. As our money for other CSM modules/projects Center Stage Minis/Pacesetter Collaboration Part III

I can't speak for Matt on any of these projects, but if you never received the giant series stuff, please send me an email and I will do everything I can to put them in your hands. That said, I only supplied the modules to CSM. I had nothing to do with anything but that. Still, Pacesetter's name is on the project so I will do what I can.
Most likely, it will not be a quick fix. But something will be done.

In the meantime, I will try an see if I can contact Matt and get some help.

[email protected]

or call me 248.318.1292

Loki - I think I have your info from previous pms. If not, I will shoot you a message. I thought he sent you order, but apparently not the case.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:07 am 

Hi Bill,
yes, I emailed my adress several times (last time to you), and I still received nothing (no modules, no minis, I ordered 2 copies). I am not alone in this case as I understand.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:03 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Center Stage Miniatures -  MIA?:Hi Bill,
yes, I emailed my adress several times (last time to you), and I still received nothing (no modules, no minis, I ordered 2 copies). I am not alone in this case as I understand.

L-
Yes, I know and I forwarded it to Matt via email each time. With follow up emails. I did that with several other people and it seems some did get their packages, but others clearly have not.

Please understand that I NEVER HAD ANY OF THE MINIATURES OR MODULES. I only printed the modules for CSM. I think I numbered them too, but maybe not all the sets. Pacesetter did this as a courtesy to CSM. I never received ANY compensation for this project. Matt is a friend and I was trying to help him out. The agreement was to produce the five digests (which are limited, one-time prints). Pacesetter would then have full reprint rights for a compilation book with an extra adventure.

At this time, I don't even have copies of these digests or miniatures. If I did, I would send you mine. That said, I will take on full responsibility for getting everyone who purchased these packages their product. I am not sure how that will happen right now, but I have some ideas. I also want to warn everyone it will take me some time. That is just the reality of the situation. I wish it were not the case, but at this point I will step in and take ownership. I understand the frustration and anger. For that I am sorry. I can only say that moving forward, I will do what I can and you will get your products.

If you are in this group of people missing their stuff, send me an EMAIL. Do not PM or leave a post here for me. I have way too much on my table right now to track down PMs and posts. If you send an email, I will save it and print a copy which will go in a folder so I can keep track of this thing. Obviously, I am not saying you can't or should not post here about the situation. Just don't direct information to me via this method.

Lastly, I really have no idea what is going on with CSM. Matt is a good guy, but for whatever reason - I don't know - this has come to this point.  

Thanks again,
Bill

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:20 pm 

Hi Bill,
thanks for the help. I know that it is not your fault, and my message was not against you :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:52 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Center Stage Miniatures -  MIA?:Hi Bill,
thanks for the help. I know that it is not your fault, and my message was not against you :)

L-
I know you were not directing it at me. I hope I was not coming off that way.  :D

I figured I would just put it all out there so everyone knows where this stands. I stand by my post and everyone who is short these sets should email me at their convenience.

Bill

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:39 am 

I see Matt posted an update on Kickstarter today. Matt's a solid guy and I'm sure he will do all in his power to see these projects through. I think he would let us all know if it can't be completed, so I'm pretty confident he'll deliver on this.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:09 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Center Stage Miniatures -  MIA?:I see Matt posted an update on Kickstarter today. Matt's a solid guy and I'm sure he will do all in his power to see these projects through. I think he would let us all know if it can't be completed, so I'm pretty confident he'll deliver on this.

Posted on the failed kickstarter thread - here is the link from Tenkar's Blog and a few others.

Tenkar's Tavern: Centerstage Miniatures "Tome of Horrors" Kickstarter Hits High Horror, Complete with 3rd Party Takeover Attempt and PR Threats

Tome of Horrors Complete - 28mm Heroic Scale Miniatures by Center Stage Miniatures » Update 11.11.14 — Kickstarter

CSM's Tome of Horrors Complete II - Kickstarter - Reaper Message Board

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:42 am 

Confidence is diminishing! Not looking good at all.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:45 pm 

From Frog God Games, Offer for the Backers of the CSM Kickstarters

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:00 am 

That's good news, I'd take up that offer. I'm glad they are making amends.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm 

There is better news coming in about two weeks assuming things go as expected with bankruptcy filing. I really don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but assuming full discharge to CSM and Matt Solarz (the trustee has approved, but the U.S. Trustee is doing a final review), Pacesetter will be re-organizing CSM to provide as much value as possible to all backers (all three KSs). Right now, Demons & Devils backers who have not received their pledge rewards will get everything they ordered and most likely only have to pay shipping and small production cost - it will be whatever is actual to complete; sculptors were paid so no issue here. TOH1 and TOH II are different animals. I will need to get together with all those who supplied product (sculptors, artists, etc.) to see where they stand. There are others who were not paid or not paid in full, also, FGG among them. I spoke with Bill Webb the other day and he has released the license to Pacesetter to complete TOH I & II in anyway I see fit. That is very magnanimous of Bill and FGG!
Obviously, there are a lot of issues here. It will take time, so no one should expect anything right away (except Demons & Devils) which will be resolved as soon as I get my horrifically late KS shipped (very soon).
All of this said, it will be a difficult road. And it will not be a quick one. But every backer will get something - exactly what that is I am not sure of right now. But there is some light at the end of this road.