C&C Black Box
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm 

Troll Lord Games released their Castles & Crusades Black Box for their 10th Anniversary as well as the 40th Anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons.

Troll Lord Games|Online Store

I have heard rumors of it for a couple of months, but nothing set in stone. I saw it in some pictures from their booth at Gen Con, but now you can order it from their website. First 300 are autographed similar to the Spartan 300 Whitebox edition ;-)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm 

I've had trouble off & on using the TLG website, but I recommend this box set - it's well worth the effort!  10 dice, plus a very cool pair of cards with the original TLG logos.  I picked one up last week, unfortunately all the boxes seemed to have rub-marks on the black cover.  Funny story, I sifted through all on display til I found the mintiest, packed it away safe and secure in the trunk, drove 500 miles without incident, then dropped it while unloading the car at home - one corner is all crunched...  I hope you all have better luck, lol.  Highly recommended though, a very nice 10th & 40th anniversary item :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm 

Thanks!

Order placed.   :D

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 pm 

I went to GenCon for the one day (thanks again David!) and then got home and had buyer's remorse.  I don't think I bought enough - I should have picked up a few copies of certain items instead of only 1 copy :(

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:18 am 

were these in shrink at Gen Con? I got my order in,  and they came in shrink. Just curious if there's a way to know if they're signed without opening the shrink

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:21 am 

no, none that I saw were shrink... the numbering is on the inside lid so I can't imagine how you'd know without opening it up..?

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:29 am 

That's right.  I was there for the VIG pre-hour in the dealer hall.  None of the boxes were in shrink.  And we went though a bunch to find the lowest number still available (#14).

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 am 

I ordered mine on the 20th, and just got the email that it shipped on the 26th. Hopefully I'll still get a copy of the "anti-spartan 300" ;-) But not holding my breath with a 6 days differential.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:15 pm 

Ordered mine after the con, got it yesterday, 85/300 :)

Maybe I got lucky?

Jorge

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:34 pm 

carrejo wrote in C&C Black Box:Ordered mine after the con, got it yesterday, 85/300 :)

Maybe I got lucky?

Jorge

Was yours in shrink? My guess is they all came shrinked and they opened 300 of the boxes to sign and number them. I received my 2 copies today(didn't buy a copy at GenCon :x ) and they are both in shrink.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:12 pm 

Yeah, I just got mine and it is in shrink and shows no signs of being signed.   :(

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in C&C Black Box: Was yours in shrink? My guess is they all came shrinked and they opened 300 of the boxes to sign and number them. I received my 2 copies today(didn't buy a copy at GenCon :x ) and they are both in shrink.

I opened my shrink  PDT_Armataz_01_03

Jorge

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:29 pm 

thanks for letting me know. I just opened one of mine in shrink and found it was numbered as well! :D PDT_Armataz_01_34

it does look like there's a scuff mark on the boxes I got, as talked about before

cdenham wrote in C&C Black Box:Yeah, I just got mine and it is in shrink and shows no signs of being signed.   :(

I'll bet yours is signed too.

edit: btw, I ordered mine prob just before you based on the time of your orig post above, so I'll bet anything you got an autographed one too

I wonder why they shrinked them after the fact?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm 

TLG had 20 or so boxes on display, all had scuffing to some degree on the covers... kind of a shame they weren't shrinked at least to the point of purchase to protect them.  Still, a very nice set and tribute :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:22 pm 

I opened one of the 2 box sets I received today. The one I opened was #90 and was signed. I will leave the other in shrink for now, but my guess it is also #'d and signed.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 pm 

misterspock wrote in C&C Black Box:it does look like there's a scuff mark on the boxes I got, as talked about before

cdenham wrote in C&C Black Box:Yeah, I just got mine and it is in shrink and shows no signs of being signed.   :(

I'll bet yours is signed too.

edit: btw, I ordered mine prob just before you based on the time of your orig post above, so I'll bet anything you got an autographed one too

I wonder why they shrinked them after the fact?

Thanks! That makes me feel some better but since I only bought one and don't plan on opening it so I may never know for sure. :/ I wonder why they weren't designated in some way?

I did check, and mine shows some scuffing too in the upper left corner. The shrink wrap isn't the greatest and has a few splits at the seams already too so I'm tempted to go ahead and open it. :)

Carpe DM!

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 pm 

I received mine on the 28th.  It was in shrink, but I wanted to read it.  #100/300 on the inside of the lid.  Nice set, I have to say.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:19 pm 

Finally received mine ... 76/300. A question for everyone that opened theirs, do you have the signatures on 3 of the 4 "cards" or 2 of them? Are the same signatures on each of them? Just curious as mine is different from what it says on their web site: Troll Lord Games|Online Store

Next