Gary Con VI Special Releases and Packages
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 pm 

Date:         March 22, 2014

Re:         Gary Con Module Releases

Pacesetter Games is proud to announce the 2014 line of special modules released to celebrate Gary Con VI. Please review the descriptions below as there are opportunities to purchase these adventures individually or in packages. Free Shipping and package discounts are available!

FREE SHIPPING: All orders placed through March 30, 2014 will receive FREE domestic U.S. shipping! Minimum purchase of $20 and you must enter coupon: GC6
International orders use same coupon and receive a $4 discount on shipping.

TM4 Legacy to the Forbidden City*
Originally run as a tournament at the fifth annual North Texas RPG Con, Return to the Forbidden City*** was designed as a sequel to TSR's classic adventure. The PCs dare to enter the city in search of a wayward comrade. But this is not a rescue…it is revenge that fuels this mission. The rift city has changed significantly since adventurers last conquered its secrets. A massive earthquake has altered the landscape and new breed of snake-men has risen from the ashes of the ruined city. This massive 40-page module features six new monsters and eight new magic items. Also, Nathan Nada has returned to illustrate this book! His talent adds greatly to this adventure module! But we also have a spectacular piece included from Lloyd Metcalf! If you are at Gary Con, have Lloyd sign your copy; his contribution is outstanding!
Lastly, I wanted to mention that Pacesetter has gone back to its roots and this module was completely edited by an editorial pool.
Price: $15.00   First Print Run: 100 numbered copies

V6 Palace of the Vampire Queen: Crypts of the Living**
The first level of the classic PotVQ adventure kit has been completely revised. This adventure will be play-tested at Gary Con. This print is a play test/pre-publication version of the final module which will be available at the sixth annual North Texas RPG Con in June 2014. The package is unbound, but encapsulated in a special folder, and includes all of the original notes, maps, descriptions and other material that will be used to create the final product. Unlike Pacesetter's previous play test packages, Crypts of the Living will more closely resemble a pre-publication production.
Price: $10.00   Print Run: Based on orders through March 30, 2014 +3 archive copies

A3 War of the Slave Lords**
This adventure will be play-tested at Gary Con. It is the final installment of Pacesetter's upcoming Slave Lord sequel series. The package is unbound, but encapsulated in a special folder, and includes all of the original notes, maps, descriptions and other material that will be used to create the final product. Unlike Pacesetter's previous play test packages, War of the Slave Lords will more closely resemble a pre-publication production.
Price: $10.00   Print Run: Based on orders through March 30, 2014 +3 archive copies

DA6 Monster & Treasure Assortment: Level Six*
This product is the sixth in Pacesetter's exciting new Dungeon Accessory series. DA6 features 100 monster and treasure listings that can be used to fill any sixth level dungeon. Also, the book contains a complete sample dungeon with 46 detailed encounters drawn directly from the accessory.

Also, DA6 introduces 10 new magic items including the fabulous Parchment of Karbon, Disk of Deflection, and more! There is still more; DA6 adds an all-new, never-seen-before monster! This supplement introduces the devilish Bone Hunter!

When complete, there will be nine DA products that cover levels one through nine. Each book will contain a fully-stocked sample dungeon that is connected to the others in the series. Therefore, the series will combine to make a mega nine-level dungeon crawl.

From the cover:
The door crashes open and you find yourself in a dark room. Dim torch light casts shadows over the dark form of a wraith standing before an iron chest bursting with gold! With a blood-chilling hiss, the creature flies forward...
In its most basic form, the dungeon crawl is a list of monsters and treasures. Throw in a map and you have all the ingredients necessary to play for hours. This product gives you the tools to easily and quickly build a sixth level dungeon crawl.
Still need more? A complete sixth level dungeon crawl is included with a keyed map filled with encounters.
Here is your chance to relive the golden age of gaming.

DA6 Monster & Treasure is an accessory designed for use with the First Edition Advanced rules and is compatible with the OSRICâ„¢ rules system.

*This module is part of the 2013 Subscription Program. It will be mailed automatically to subscribers.

**This special pre-pub version will only be available for purchase until midnight, March 30, 2014.

***TM4 had a title change from the original tournament version (Return to the Forbidden City)to the standard module version (Legacy of the Forbidden City). All of our TSR sequel adventures will share the "Legacy" title.

Gary Con VI Full Module Pack
This package includes the following modules: TM4 Return to the Forbidden City, V6 Palace of the Vampire Queen: Crypts of the Living (play test version), A3 War of the Slave Lords (play test version), and DA6 Monster & Treasure Assortment: Level Six
Sale Price: $42   Standard Price: $47.00   Print Run: Limited to component print runs
Sale Price expires March 30, 2014.

Gary Con VI Play Test Pack
This package includes the following modules: V6 Palace of the Vampire Queen: Crypts of the Living (play test version), and A3 War of the Slave Lords (play test version).
Sale Price: $22   Standard Price: $24.00   Print Run: Limited to component print runs
Sale Price expires March 30, 2014.

Direct link to pacesettergames.com
Pacesetter Games & Simulations

Shipping
All orders received prior to March 25 will be shipped on March 26. Orders received March 26 -- 30, will ship by April 3, 2014.

Respectfully,

Bill Barsh
Pacesetter Games & Simulations

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:30 am 

Just a quick reminder that the Gary Con Special Packages expire early tomorrow morning.

Use the coupon code: gc6   for FREE shipping!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 pm 

Dear Pacesetter Supporter,
(see last paragraph for those who ordered these packages)
I want to let you know I had a nice chat with Yahoo customer support last night. For two hours. For some reason, which they cannot, or will not, explain, my email account is/was corrupted. No surprise as it was hacked twice last month even though I changed the password three times based on Yahoo's recommendation.

It seems that at least 90% of ALL emails have not been delivered for the past three weeks. I learned of this problem last Thursday when a regular customer called me and asked why I had not responded to his last four emails. What last four emails was my confused response.

I now have more than 300 emails to sort through. If you emailed me in the past three weeks, or placed an order via pacesettergames.com, it will be addressed either today or tomorrow. I have taken today and tomorrow off work to get things corrected.

For those who ordered via pacesetter.com, I will get your packages out by Saturday morning. I will start packing later today when I get things in order and organized. When you place an order through the site, I get an email notification with a pdf of your order. These orders are printed and used for shipping. I then file the printed order with the mailing date. I went to the pacesetter site first thing this morning and printed all orders manually for the last 30 days. Some orders did make to my email (and therefore I never noticed an issue) and I have separated those that did not. Again, your package will ship tomorrow or Saturday.

If you do NOT get an email response from me, shoot me an email after the weekend. If you are waiting for an order, you WILL receive a tracking/shipment confirmation via stamps.com over the next two days. If you do not, let me know immediately.

I am very sorry about this and thank you in advance for your patience. Yahoo assures me this had nothing to do with pacesettergames.com, but only this email account. That seems correct as everything on the site appears correct. Using the site manager tool, all orders are clearly indicated. It looks like all emails that came from anyone who was in my contacts list was blocked. I am not a tech guy, but it seems consistent. Yahoo said the mails were in my inbox, but I just could not see them. Ok, whatever. I sure see them now!

Also, for those of you who ordered the Gary Con package WITH the playtest packs, your playtest packs are being mailed separately. I had a problem with the folders and I did not want to hold off your entire shipment. Problem is now fixed and the playtest packs also ship this weekend. Sorry for the confusion on that.

Last edited by bbarsh on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm 

My yahoo email has been locked for about 3 weeks now.  I cannot get their customer support on the phone.  I've waited on the phone for over an hour.  So no email at all for me.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:35 pm 

As of today, all the Gary Con orders have been processed and nearly all have been shipped.

I have about 15 partial orders to send out. This only affects those customers who have received the TM4 and DA6 portion, but not the A3 and V6 playtests. Due to the site reporting problem, I produced the incorrect quantity of those packets. I will have them assembled by tonight and ship them out tomorrow and/or Tuesday. Again, This only applies to those who already received partial orders.

If you have yet to receive anything, check your email as of today. You should have a stamps.com email (check your spam filter, too). Your package has been mailed as of today (in its entirety).

If you do not have a confirmation email, contact me via email or phone (248) 318 - 1292.

The problem with the pacesetter site and orders in the month of March/April was actually much worse than I originally thought. Yahoo technical service actually called me on Friday and asked me to get on my web site control panel and review sets of orders in that time frame. I originally thought, from my first conversation with them, that it was just a reporting error. It was actually much worse. If two or more orders came in sequentially of the exact same product and quantity, the site was allocating duplicate order numbers. This was a Yahoo bug that surfaced after a service update - according to them. So I was not only missing order notifications, I was actually missing entire orders.

I have to give Yahoo credit for actually following up. I had no idea there were still missing orders (actually, orders were not missing, just not reported via email). However, I had to print 200+ pages of orders and manually go through each to find out which were missing/never processed. I just finished about an hour ago.

This did not affect too many of the MDG modules. Maybe about 10 actual orders. The bigger mess was the Gary Con stuff. But those have been corrected also.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:41 am 

Does this mean the the DA5 and D1 first print I ordered from you back in January are shipping?  I assume due to the e-mail issues you haven't received any e-mail contact with me about this but I do have the Paypal receipt showing you were paid and I am looking forward to getting this stuff.  Will order more in the future!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:54 am 

:D
mrmanowar wrote in Gary Con VI Special Releases and Packages:Does this mean the the DA5 and D1 first print I ordered from you back in January are shipping?  I assume due to the e-mail issues you haven't received any e-mail contact with me about this but I do have the Paypal receipt showing you were paid and I am looking forward to getting this stuff.  Will order more in the future!

C-
I will shoot you an email on this. The D's were never produced and I sent an email about this to the few people who were affected. You never should have been able to order it, but several orders did go through. I will check on the DA5. I have that marked as shipped.

Thanks,
Bill

PS email is working fine

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:15 am 

I did get one email this morning noting that the stamps.com email did not show up until around 1 a.m. EST. Not sure why that is because I was long ago in bed by that time. My last packed shipment was done by around 6 p.m. EST. Probably just a delay in the process, but I thought it would be good to make everyone aware.
Thanks, again.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:24 pm 

Hi Bill, if you posted the number of A3 and V6 playtest packs printed, I missed it.  Do you recall how many you produced?  Thanks in advance!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:05 pm 

Sorry for the lapse in my attendance at this forum - and just about anything else for the past month. I am just coming out of a real life work black hole. I know some of these packs have not been shipped. Again, all my website issues that were supposed to fixed just happened again. Exactly the same as in March. At least this time I was watching periodically and I am aware and in the process of getting the last few packages mailed this weekend.
If you have not received your package or heard from me by Sunday night, shoot me an email (see below).

[email protected]

or text/call me at 248-318-1292

Pacesetter will have a new website and provider in about two months.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Gary Con VI Special Releases and Packages:Sorry for the lapse in my attendance at this forum - and just about anything else for the past month. I am just coming out of a real life work black hole. I know some of these packs have not been shipped. Again, all my website issues that were supposed to fixed just happened again. Exactly the same as in March. At least this time I was watching periodically and I am aware and in the process of getting the last few packages mailed this weekend.
If you have not received your package or heard from me by Sunday night, shoot me an email (see below).

[email protected]

or text/call me at 248-318-1292

Pacesetter will have a new website and provider in about two months.

Sent an email; let me know if you get it or not? No pack yet.

Thanks!