Appendix N Kickstarter
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 pm 

Did anyone here back the Appendix N Kickstarter and actually receive their physical shipments?  I backed at the Collector's Special level yet haven't received a thing.  Meanwhile, I can go to Amazon and see resellers selling it!    I think I found Brave Halfling's owner - John Adams - under the user search.  Is this the same guy?  He's posting on KS but not answering emails or messages on the site.   Anyone know what gives or knows this guy?

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 pm 

Yes, quite a few people have received a partial shipment, including myself.

It's been a long time, but I truly believe John will follow through and ship all of the products promised.  I do think that some people are being a little ridiculous with their vitriol over not receiving their items yet.  Anyone that has been sponsoring Kickstarters has probably had more than one experience with a late reward.  Most people didn't spend a whole lot of money for a lot of potential rewards either.

Perhaps if you reach out to John he can give you an ETA for your first shipment.  He is a member of The Acaeum (John Adams), but hasn't logged on for a while.  Probably better to contact him through the Kickstarter.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 pm 

I am one of the many that have not received anything from this Kickstarter either. I still have hope that John will be able to send out what he has promised. We are slowly closing in on two years (July 2012) and a lot of us backers have nothing to show for it other than a handful of pdfs. From what I have heard (and put together from multiple web sites), there are multiple versions of the Appendix N Adventures that have been shipped out. Some have different print copies of the modules, some have more items than others, etc.

Then again, I am still waiting on my Delving Deeper box set that I purchased directly from John back in June of 2012 too. I know that almost everyone that purchased that has already received it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll eventually get something.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:11 am 

High level backer here.
Have seen nothing but e-Mails with statements regarding shipments made.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:19 am 

No Appendix N, no Delving Deeper here either.  What bugs me about this, aside from no recent replies to legitimate requests for updates, is I sent him the extra $20 for priority shipping (or multiple shipments, or whatever it was) in good faith.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 pm 

Thanks everyone for your replies.   I hope that we get this stuff eventually, it really looked interesting.
Welp,  I guess I know now not to buy anything from Brave Halfling (or is that Cowardly Thiefling?).

Maybe I'll use this as inspiration for a side adventure in my campaign:

- PCs have a lot of money built up from adventuring
- Meet up with a halfling that appears to be up front and legit
- Asks them to invest into a 'sure thing' but also presents 'proof' that he knows what he's doing (lots of others are also investing)
- Takes money and runs off
- Over time, the PCs have little offshoot adventures where they run across his trail
- PCs finally track down the halfling and exact revenge!

hmmmm.... could work.... :twisted: