DCC #3.5 Haunted Tower rarity
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:52 pm 

I was reading the old threads about DCC#3.5 The Haunted Tower and wondered if there was any more information regarding the number of copies produced. Was it actually 214 or was that just speculation?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:42 am 

It's Haunted Lighthouse.  Do not know the print run.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:20 am 

it was 214 according to GG, IIRC. I'm sure someone here will have the specifics. Stupidly difficult to get a hold of a copy, especially without a signature on the cover. Seems like everyone get theirs signed.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:28 pm 

That was pretty much the only Stromberg auction item even that I bid on to win, I thought I'd paid way too much, but haven't seen once up for auction since... that was March 2012, so there you go.  Pretty hard to find, and glad I got one when I could :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:34 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in DCC #3.5 Haunted Tower rarity:That was pretty much the only Stromberg auction item even that I bid on to win, I thought I'd paid way too much, but haven't seen once up for auction since... that was March 2012, so there you go.  Pretty hard to find, and glad I got one when I could :)

NK has two copies up on ebay $495 for unsigned in VG+ (whatever that means. I don't like their ebay grading) and $695 for an autographed copy.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:19 pm 

Ironic, as the unsigned copy seems to be rarer that the signed copy, and they seem to grade their items based on arbitrary subjective bullshit evaluated by monkeys looking through dirty glasses across a smokey room in the dark. :roll:
I wonder if they will ever have the balls to take a photograph of the items they sell and post it in an auction? Or would that drive customers away?

Nice to see their mouthpiece who turned up here to defend their reputation and address their critics achieved nothing in the past two years. There's a guy who knows how to tow the company line. :roll:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:42 pm 

The last VG+ item I bought contained mold and mildew - the response I got was that since it no longer smells, it is no longer active, ...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:03 pm 

Mars wrote in DCC #3.5 Haunted Tower rarity:The last VG+ item I bought contained mold and mildew - the response I got was that since it no longer smells, it is no longer active, ...

8O

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:33 pm 

[quote="mbassoc2003";p=221309]Ironic, as the unsigned copy seems to be rarer that the signed copy, and they seem to grade their items based on arbitrary subjective bullshit evaluated by monkeys looking through dirty glasses across a smokey room in the dark. :roll:

Ian you know how to turn a phrase, thanks for a good laugh!!! :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in DCC #3.5 Haunted Tower rarity: Was it actually 214 or was that just speculation?

Both  :)

Damned hard to find, and one of the few things I regret flushing from my collection.

Let mirth prevail!