Tarantis
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:08 pm 

I find myself in a similar situation as I had with City of Skulls. I have a shrinked Tarantis, which I would like to consider using but again, don't want to damage the shrink. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it any good?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm 

IMO it wasn't paricularly good at all. More like a last ditch attempt to recapture JG's successes of past years. The one good thing to come out of it is a map of the whole of the Wilderlands, printed half sized hexes so it all fits together on one giant poster map. Given the information previously covered some 12 map sheets (or was it 16?), the shrinking of the map onto a giant poster size miniature was some feat. Probably the only thing appealing in the package IMO.

Value wise, a shrinkwrapped Tarantis may only be worth a little over an unshrinked copy, but it'll likely sell a lot quicker if you ever came to want to shift it.

Just my 2c as always. :)

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Tarantis:IMO it wasn't paricularly good at all. More like a last ditch attempt to recapture JG's successes of past years. The one good thing to come out of it is a map of the whole of the Wilderlands, printed half sized hexes so it all fits together on one giant poster map. Given the information previously covered some 12 map sheets (or was it 16?), the shrinking of the map onto a giant poster size miniature was some feat. Probably the only thing appealing in the package IMO.

Value wise, a shrinkwrapped Tarantis may only be worth a little over an unshrinked copy, but it'll likely sell a lot quicker if you ever came to want to shift it.

Just my 2c as always. :)

I had one up for sale in shrink on ebay for a long time (2 years probably) and ended up getting $70 or $75 for it. No saying what it would go for if you wanted to sell it quickly, but an unshrinked copy wasn't going for very much last time I looked.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:05 pm 

I always considered it a $40 item. I generally peg CSotWE at about $50 and CSIO at $70-120 depending on printing and quality. I may be out somewhat on account of my little hiatus.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Tarantis:I always considered it a $40 item. I generally peg CSotWE at about $50 and CSIO at $70-120 depending on printing and quality. I may be out somewhat on account of my little hiatus.

I had trouble tracking down any pricing on it when I first had it listed so I slapped $99 bucks on it. Not sure if another shrinkwrapped copy came up during all that time and I took an offer for it. 1 offer in 2 years of listing, but shrink is an odd kind of fish. One day maybe all early RPG items will be in some bargain bin with no one interested (hell they used Bach's music to wrap fish before it was rediscovered) but I'd gamble and say not to put a low price on shrinkwrapped items just yet.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:52 pm 

Thanks, guys. On the chopping block it goes!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.