Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:31 pm 

I'm just interested in the original stuff ..,  :(

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Allan,
If you can track down WJW, I'd love to see the set of five republished through DW. If you publish as a retrospective you don't need to comply with WoTC's d20 lisence, and if it's put into some historical context (biographical) then Hasbro cannot enforce their copyright over the D&D name. I can ofcourse supply the OCR.

Hi all,

I followed up with my friend about the emails he had forwarded to WJW from me and he stated he never receievd a reply  :(  So I am not sure what is going on.

If someone has another route to contact John, good luck.

Sorry my attempt did not pan out.

Lance

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:31 am 

fletch wrote:I know this thread is a little old now, but I thought I would provide a little useful feedback.

I am good personal friends with dean2918 and played in an Islandia campaign with him back in the mid 80's.  I would love to say that we played with William John Wheeler, but that is not the case.  Instead, the DM for the campaign was a person who had play tested Islandia modules while living in Maine.  He later moved to Iowa, where dean2918 and I were high school students, and started a group in the Islandia modules.  Lots of fun.  I sure miss it.....   :(

fletch

Was the person who DM'ed for the campaign named Peter Rice?

He was the other half of the Companions (from what I remember).

There may of been more but John and Peter were the only owners I knew about.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:41 pm 

I had hoped maybe someone would bump into him at GenCon or some such. IIRC he used to do lectures on the Con circuit on campaign building. I just thought someone might spot him. Maybe this is another case of publish and see if we can flush out the copyright owner? I've posted letters to most of the WJW's I can find in the states, and sent a couple of dozen e-mails. I got zip.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I had hoped maybe someone would bump into him at GenCon or some such. IIRC he used to do lectures on the Con circuit on campaign building. I just thought someone might spot him. Maybe this is another case of publish and see if we can flush out the copyright owner? I've posted letters to most of the WJW's I can find in the states, and sent a couple of dozen e-mails. I got zip.

I do not think he does anymore lectures at GenCon. He stopped when TSR and he could not agree on a lecture fee.

I have not seen him but then again, GenCon is a big place.

Previous