NTRPG Con Modules
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm 

I was wondering where to find a listing of the modules reproduced for the NTRPG Con over the years?  I'd love to be able to get copies of them as well, somewhat reasonably, if anyone has any suggestions on that as well.

Thanks!

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 pm 

Not sure if you are aware, but some of them are still available on the RPG Marketplace.

http://rpgmarketplace.com/NTRPGCon,cate ... categories

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 pm 

PM BadMike or ScketreWhisp® (Doug is very likely to have a complete listing, Mike might also have one within his far reach)

Either one of them can probably post a complete list.

Truthfully I should be able to do this as well; being the Historian of the NTRPG CON...
And also having purchased at least one copy of each one of them for my own collection.
But I am not a very good historian....  :oops:
And worse, I am a horrible collector; in that I do not have any sort of organization and no list of what I have.
Hoping to have a list by the end of spring 2014 though (of my collection), but you probably do not want to wait that long.  8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:25 pm 

Thanks!

I already have most of the ones on RPG Marketplace.  I'd really like to pick up some of the older ones.  I just don't know what they are yet!   :P

Like Gnat, my collection cataloging lacks something so I need to double check which ones of those I am missing.  Of course when I go through my collection looking for something I get to have that "AHA! I forgot I had this!" moment quiet often so it is almost like getting it again.  :lol:

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 am 

cdenham wrote in NTRPG Con Modules:Thanks!

I already have most of the ones on RPG Marketplace.  I'd really like to pick up some of the older ones.  I just don't know what they are yet!   :P

Like Gnat, my collection cataloging lacks something so I need to double check which ones of those I am missing.  Of course when I go through my collection looking for something I get to have that "AHA! I forgot I had this!" moment quiet often so it is almost like getting it again.  :lol:

Well like Gnat I have them all but I'd have to dig through some boxes to find them.  I'm going to go off the top of my head so some of these might be wrong:

Steve Winter: Hive of the Wasp Men/Dark Abbot of Kos
Dennis Sustare: Tourist Trap and Ursined, Sealed and Delivered (later published by Frog God Games)
Tim Kask: Temple of the Weaver Queen and High in the Hellgate Mountains
Wee Warriors: Palace of the Vampire Queen, Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles

I feel like there is another Tim Kask one in there somewhere...

EDIT:  Yes, Snake Riders of the Arandondo first made it's appearance as a digest module.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Last edited by Badmike on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:27 am 

I believe I have a copy of Temple of the Weaver Queen somewhere. If you were interested in buying it I could try and locate it

*edit - I located this. It is still in the plastic and in good shape if you are interested in buy or trade thanks

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 am 

Here's my list, ordered by date of acquisition... I believe I'm only missing the first print of Dwarven Glory, though I'd appreciate any info if I've missed a printing :)

Hell in Highgate Mountain        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios (for Acaeum - GenCon 2009)
Ursined, Sealed, & Delivered        Denis Sustare - NTRPG 2010
Temple of the Weaver Queen        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios (NTRPG 2009)
Palace of the Vampire Queen        digest-size reprint of 1st printing, NTRPG 2010
Tower of the Mad Wizard / Return to the Frozen North        # x/75, digest-size print from GaryCon I and II
Dwarven Glory - 2nd print        digest-size reprint of 1st printing Wee Warriors, NTRPG 2010
Tourist Traps (Swords & Wizardry)        NTRPG-con reprint by Dennis Sustare
Onto the Devil's Skillet - 1st print        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios (NTRPG 2011)
Onto the Devil's Skillet - 2nd print        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios (NTRPG 2011)
Dark Abbot of Kos / Hive of the Wasp Men 1st print        Steve Winter (NTRPG 2011)
Dark Abbot of Kos / Hive of the Wasp Men 2nd print        Steve Winter (NTRPG 2011)
Snakeriders of the Aradondo 1st print        Tim Kask GenCon 2010 reprint
Snakeriders of the Aradondo 2nd print        Tim Kask GenCon 2010 reprint
Onto the Devil's Skillet - 1st print        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios (NTRPG 2011)
Onto the Devil's Skillet - 2nd print        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios (NTRPG 2011)
Adventures on Black-Ridge Island compilation        Ben Burns BRI parts 1-3, NTRPG 2011
2009 NTRPG Program        June 5-7 2009 orginal program
The Gh*st To*er of Inv***ss (DM Copy)        digest reprint TS* tourney module
2011 Dice Bag        2011
Castle of Glass (Tim Kask)      digest printing for 2012 NTRPG      2011 Gencon playtest preview edition
Island Town (Erol Otus) 1st print        digest, cover says "2011 NTRPGCON", print run 100
Rendezvous with Ruinator (Steve Winter), 1st print        digest, Gamma World adventure, print run 50
The Death of Tlangeshan (Steve Winter), 1st print        digest, Empire of the Petal Throne adv., print run 75
The Tomb of Amemnes (Steve Winter), 1st print        digest, D&D adventure, played at 2011 con, print run 75
The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey, 1st print        Tim Kask / Celtic Studios, played at GaryCon III Mar 25-27, 2011, print run 75
Misty Isles (Wee Warriors reprint)        digest reprint, print run 100
Misty Isles players maps         map booklets
W0 The Wizard's Amulet (Frog God Games)        digest print of Necromancer Games module
Tomb of the Cursed Pharaoh (James Ward)        2013, digest, first print
The Long Hard Mile (James Ward) - Metamorphosis Alpha        2013, digest, first print
A Simple Clearing of the Land (James Ward)        2013, digest, first print

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Last edited by Thunderdave on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm 

Nicely done.
This will help me a lot as well.
Thank you.

I like how you listed this one:
The Gh*st To*er of Inv***ss (DM Copy)   digest reprint TS* tourney module...  

:lol:

I had a short list of some of the Modules that were offered in 2010 because I had sold some after the convention.
The ones below were not printed BY the NTRPG Con (Doug) but they were all printed FOR the NTRPG Con
I listed the Name of the adventure; Author; Printing info, and Level of PCs.

Adventurers Wanted: Code BRI-1
Ben Burns; Art: Mike Bauer:
Printed for the 2010 NTRPG Con
6-8 PCs of 1st-3rd levels

Dark Shore: Code A-1
Printed for the 2010 NTRPG Con with permission from Jim Baney
Originally Published by Knight Vision Studios 2008 - Labyrinth Lord Compatible
Levels 1-2

Border Scourge: Code AA-1
Jay Michaels:  Published by Knight Vision Studios
1st level dungeon/town/wilderness scenario (Sword & Wizardry, core edition compatible)

Stormstruck: Code CS-1
Published by Knight Vision Studios
Entry Level Adventure set in the Ebonyr Campaign World (OSRIC Compatible)

The Forge
Jay Michael
Originally Published by Knight Vision Studios 2009 - Labyrinth Lord Compatible
Printed for the 2010 NTRPG Con
Designed for 4-6 PCs level 3
Desert Adventure set in the Ebonyr Campaign World (OSRIC Compatible)

The Shrunken Shrine of Syrakis
J. Michael
Originally Published by Knight Vision Studios - Labyrinth Lord Compatible
Designed for 4-6 PCs level 3
Swamp Adventure set in the Ebonyr Campaign World (OSRIC Compatible)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in NTRPG Con Modules:I like how you listed this one:
The Gh*st To*er of Inv***ss (DM Copy)   digest reprint TS* tourney module...  

Shhh...  :wink:

I don't know Knight Vision Studios... are their products current?  Any on-line sources?

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:45 pm 

Badmike wrote in NTRPG Con Modules:
cdenham wrote in NTRPG Con Modules:Thanks!

Well like Gnat I have them all but I'd have to dig through some boxes to find them.  I'm going to go off the top of my head so some of these might be wrong:

Steve Winter: Hive of the Wasp Men/Dark Abbot of Kos
Dennis Sustare: Tourist Trap and Ursined, Sealed and Delivered (later published by Frog God Games)
Tim Kask: Temple of the Weaver Queen and High in the Hellgate Mountains
Wee Warriors: Palace of the Vampire Queen, Dwarven Glory, Misty Isles

I feel like there is another Tim Kask one in there somewhere...

EDIT:  Yes, Snake Riders of the Arandondo first made it's appearance as a digest module.  

Mike B.

I know Tim's Castle of Glass was originally done for Gen Con, was full size and had a comb binding; but wasn't the digest sized one done for NTRPG?  Or am I confusing it with something else?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:43 am 

Dark Abbot of Kos / Hive of the Wasp Men 1st print        Steve Winter

I attended NTRPGCON in 2010 and played in Steve Winter's game when he ran Dark Abbot of Kos. (Steve is an awesome DM). At the end of the session he gave each of us players at the table a signed printed stand alone copy of Dark Abbot of Kos (without the Hive of the Wasp Men). It is a very cool adventure :mrgreen:

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:41 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote in NTRPG Con Modules:I know Tim's Castle of Glass was originally done for Gen Con, was full size and had a comb binding; but wasn't the digest sized one done for NTRPG?  Or am I confusing it with something else?

Yes, of course, I have added it to my list.

The cover of both printings says:

"A special preview-edition of an upcoming release by Eldritch Enterprises LLC.  Play tested Aug 4th, 2011 during Gen Con"

Both covers look identical, the first is full-size with a coil binding, the second a digest printing & stapled - sold in 2012.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:37 pm 

-----------------------
I had a short list of some of the Modules that were offered in 2010 because I had sold some after the convention.
The ones below were not printed BY the NTRPG Con (Doug) but they were all printed FOR the NTRPG Con
I listed the Name of the adventure; Author; Printing info, and Level of PCs.
-----------------------

All the modules you listed WERE printed by the NTRPGCon with permission from Knight Vision Studios

We only printed 20 copies of each and probably still have 5-8 ea left.

These are FREE PDFs from their website, or were at one time. We thought some people might want hard copies, so I approached Knight Vision Studios and they allowed us to make a small print run.  We sell a couple every year at the Con.

As for a complete list... this will all be off the top of my head, but here goes:

2nd Annual NTRPGCon - 2010

Digest: Palace of the Vampire Queen - 100/ea (Wee Warriors)
Digest: Ursine, Sealed & Delivered - 50/ea (Dennis Sustare) - ran at the 2010 NTRPGCon
Digest: High in the Hellgate Mountains - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the GenCon 2009 Acaeum Dinner
Digest: Temple of the Weaver Queen - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the 2009 NTRPGCon
Digest: Black Ridge Island series (1-3) - 20/ea (Ben Burns)
Digest: Dark Shore - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios)
Digest: Storm Struck - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios)
Digest: Sunken Shrine - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios)
Digest: The Forge - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios)
Digest: Border Scorge - 20/ea (Knight Vision Studios)

3rd Annual NTRPGCon - 2011

Digest: Dwarven Glory - 50/ea 1st prints - 45/ea 2nd prints (Wee Warriors)
Digest: The Dark Abbot of KOS / Hive of the Wasp Men - [flip book] - 50/ea 1st prints - 20/ea 2nd prints (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2010 NTRPGCon
Digest: Onto the Devil's Skillet - 50/ea 1st prints - 25/ea 2nd prints (Tim Kask) - ran at the 2010 NTRPGCon
Digest: Snake Riders of the Aradondo - 50/ea 1st prints - 16/ea 2nd prints (Tim Kask) - ran at the GenCon 2010 Acaeum Dinner
Digest: Return to the Frozen North - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at GaryCon 2010 [printed for/sold at GaryCon]
Digest: Tower of the Mad Wizzard - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at GaryCon 2009 [printed for/sold at GaryCon]
Digest: Tourist Traps - 50/ea 1st prints - 17/ea 2nd prints (Dennis Sustare) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon

(ok, the 2nd print stuff was NOT off the top of my head, I am not that good)

4th Annual NTRPGCon - 2012

Digest: The Misty Isles - 100/ea (Wee Warriors) - the final booklet had misprinted center maps, an additional map booklet was also printed with the intent of being inserted in place of the bad maps. No clue how may people might have inserted the maps into the booklet after removing the misprinted maps... I did mine at least
Digest: Island Town - 100/ea (Erol Otus) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon
Digest: Tomb of Amemnes - 75/ea (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon
Digest: Death of Tlangeshan - 75/ea (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon
Digest: Rendezvous With Ruinator - 50/ea (Steve Winter) - ran at the 2011 NTRPGCon
Digest: Castle of Glass - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the GenCon 2011 Acaeum Dinner
Digest: The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey - 75/ea (Tim Kask) - ran at the 2011 GaryCon

5th Annual NTRPGCon - 2013

Digest: The Wizard's Amulet - 100/ea (Frog God)
Digest: A Simple Clearing of the Land - 75/ea (James M. Ward) - 5 were given to Jim
Digest: The Long Hard Mile - 80/ea (James M. Ward) - 5 were given to Jim
Digest: Tomb of the Lost Pharaoh - 75/ea (James M. Ward) - 5 were given to Jim

As you can see, we have printed less as time moves on. Dennis use to get us the module he was going to run at the Con the same year he ran it, we haven't been able to reprint any of his in 2 years. Steve Winter is more of a hands on type and really likes to do ALL the layout to give us a ready to print PDF and ran out of time last year, and I doubt he'll have time again this year. Nothing wrong with that, just means we have to look else where for ways to help make some money for the Con. Like Bill Barsh printing various copies of PotVQ, DG and MI this past year (PotVQ in 2012 as well), then he gave us some funds generated by those sales. And in 2013 we located a stash of old digest items from 1980 and were able to resell them instead of printing them, so people got originals.

We'll see how it goes down the road, but we hope to always have something at the Con you can't get everywhere :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:18 pm 

Bump thread...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:57 pm 

Badmike wrote in NTRPG Con Modules:Bump thread...

Notice to internet newbies: "Bumping a thread" refers to the fact that what once commemorated old-school gaming is now itself old-school. Remember those far-off days of 2013, when we were young?