Black Sun Magazine for White Dwarf Subscribers
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 pm 

I discovered recently this funny newsletter: does anybody know ho many issues were published?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:47 pm 

here you go..

RPG Magzine and zine Index- The Black Sun Page

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:01 am 

Thanks!  8)

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:49 pm 

I'm working with the artist Trevor Hammond, trying to catalogue his work (a lot of White Dwarf), and am trying to track down copies of the Black Sun.
If anyone can hook me up with some copies, that would be fantastic.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:52 pm 

they very occasionally appear on ebay (and mostly UK ebay of course).. I've picked up the last one of the series of 8.. and I think a couple of the others (which don't inc rpg so I wasn't that woried about them).

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:47 am 

Yes, I have #4 somewhere which I picked up of a collector, and then saw one on eBay, which sold for about the same price. To be honest, they seem to turn up so infrequently - I've been watching for years, and have seen 2 turn up, the one I mentioned and one in a massive lot of WD magazines which went for a lot of money.  I'd be happy to just borrow some, scan the artwork for archival purposes and return them, then aquire my own copies as and when they appear.

The 2nd Generation of Black Sun was a 1-colour cover affair which began in 87 and ran for 5 or 6 issues, edited by Tim Pollard and focused more on GWs own-brand products, I think there might be some WFRP in them (Chainsaws or something), but I'm only really interested in the Trevor Hammond illustrated 1st run at the moment.

Games Workshop were terrible with handling artwork, and a lot of the early works from the likes of Russ Nicholson (Fiend Folio etc.) and John Blanche (D&D UK edition etc.)  and Trevor were never returned, and apparently binned.