Whatever happened to Dwimmermount?
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:36 am 

I was looking over my list of blogs that I follow and noticed Grognardia hasn't been updated in months. Does anyone know what happened with the Dwimmermount kickstarter? It has now become a cautionary tale, but I never learned its final disposition (if any). The last thing I heard was that the Adventurer Conqueror King people were going to release it, but I don't know if they ever did.

I'm just wondering about the kickstarter rather than the gaming soap-opera that surrounds the author.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:26 am 

Jason:  Dwimmermount: An Old School Fantasy RPG Megadungeon by Autarch » Updates — Kickstarter will let you browse the updates (some of which are for backers only), but the most-substantive update looks like #53 to me:

Autarch at Kickstarter.com wrote:
Update #53 · May 17, 2013 · comment
What's the status of the Dwimmermount project?

We are making the final approach to the mountaintop. We've:

sent the drafts, discount codes, and sample layout to backers by individual email

taken stock of the Dwimmermount material, including drafts, illustrations, maps, and Grognardia posts

assembled our team for the remaining stages of editing, development, and layout

pinned down our best options for printing and the timeline required

gained play experience with prototypes of the mega-dungeon tracker and vinyl wilderness map

received further design input and assistance from James Maliszewski

made some conceptual breakthroughs into how to publish a mega-dungeon

set up an internal schedule of conference calls and deadlines

We are on track to have the Labyrinth Lord version of Dwimmermount available for backers to pick up at Gen Con this summer and the Adventurer Conqueror King System version in time for this year's holiday season. With the support of our backers and a lot of perseverance, this project is really starting to take shape. It's an exciting thing to be part of!

Hope that helps.  I bailed on Dwimmermount awhile ago while they were still offering refunds, so some other folks may have more accurate/better info.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 pm 

I too got out when a refund was offered.

Basically, James had a personal issue (family illness, I believe) and that massively screwed up the schedule.  Eventually, the project was handed over to Autarch, and they will release something (I assume), but I haven't been following recent progress.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:38 pm 

As of June 25, Autarch is promising an August release of the Labyrinth Lord version and the ACK version around the end of the year. Not like I'm holding my breath or anything at this point, but worth a few props if they can pull off the LL release in that timeframe.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:39 pm 

I did some of the cartography.  Autarch gotten everything they needed from James and working through the process of finalization, layout, and publication. They are mostly in the layout phase for the LL version.

Also note that the core text of Dwimmermount will be released under the open gaming license. Similar to my own Blackmarsh it will something that anybody can download, easily modify, use, and even publish.

If you like the OGL version then you can buy the book if you want a print version.