Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 am 

Well after many years of collecting I finally finished something!!

As of last week I now have a completed Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection.  Every single mini ever released, every varient, all in package/blister, over 500 of them. :D

It took many years and a modest amount of cash, some good luck and some tricky trades.  Once I get back to Canada I may take a picture of them and post it.

Now onto something else......only  what?  :wink:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 am 

Blackmoor, you have done something that I can only dream of!

I've long wanted to collect all these;  I fear it's too late and too large an undertaking... plus, my supportive wife may opt to be less supportive if I add *another* line to collect!  ;-)

Looking forward to the pictures!  Congrats!

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 am 

Congratulations Jeff!

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 am 

Very cool, Jeff.  I'd love to see some pics of less-well-known variant minis from the AD&D line.

Are all of your minis painted yet, or do you need to collect an entire set again to paint them too? ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 am 

Nicely done - congrats!

Looking forward to pics...  :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm 

Wow, that is quite an accomplishment!  Congrats!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:30 pm 

Just think about how long it will take you to open them all up ;) Congrats on this huge accomplishment! Can't wait to see the pics.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 pm 

Jeff, time to pop open all that plastic, and let your wife paint every mini!  I'm sure she'd be glad to do it!  So you could have the only completely painted Ral Partha mini collection. Surely your wife wont' mind devoting a few years to this noble project..... :mrgreen:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:27 pm 

Congrats Jeff!!

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 am 

grodog wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:Very cool, Jeff.  I'd love to see some pics of less-well-known variant minis from the AD&D line.

Are all of your minis painted yet, or do you need to collect an entire set again to paint them too? ;)

Not painted, I will try to get Angela to paint up a few good ones when she has time :)

I will get some pics up around the end of the month :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:40 pm 

Congratulations!  Your collection is the envy of everyone who collects D&D minis, especially 25mm minis like me.  It wasn't that long ago that I finished painting my collection, and it was deeply satisfying knowing that one of my life goals/bucket list was accomplished.  I look forward to the pictures.

You can do what you want, but I recommend approaching the answer to your question about what next with a wide lens.  You can look at what you want to collect next, or maybe think about what you want to do next, or where you want to go next, or something else.  My current bucket list has a few more places to visit, a few more things to do, and some things I'd like to collect/acquire.  In fact, I am in the middle of finishing up a major bucket list item by going on an east coast vacation with the whole family.  We've done the wild west trip, the mid-west trip, and now we're on the east coast.  I am typing this from NY, NY.

Good luck and congratulations!  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:17 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed: I am typing this from NY, NY.

Enjoy NYC, I worked there for years and enjoyed my time there!  I'm just a short 3 hour ride from the city!  ;-)

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:40 am 

throwi wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:
benjoshua wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed: I am typing this from NY, NY.

Enjoy NYC, I worked there for years and enjoyed my time there!  I'm just a short 3 hour ride from the city!  ;-)

~throwi

With traffic or without?   :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 am 

Blackmoor wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:Once I get back to Canada I may take a picture of them and post it.

I'd really like to see a photo  8)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:Congratulations!  Your collection is the envy of everyone who collects D&D minis, especially 25mm minis like me.  It wasn't that long ago that I finished painting my collection, and it was deeply satisfying knowing that one of my life goals/bucket list was accomplished.  I look forward to the pictures.

You can do what you want, but I recommend approaching the answer to your question about what next with a wide lens.  You can look at what you want to collect next, or maybe think about what you want to do next, or where you want to go next, or something else.  My current bucket list has a few more places to visit, a few more things to do, and some things I'd like to collect/acquire.  In fact, I am in the middle of finishing up a major bucket list item by going on an east coast vacation with the whole family.  We've done the wild west trip, the mid-west trip, and now we're on the east coast.  I am typing this from NY, NY.

Good luck and congratulations!  :)

Done the NYC vacation twice.  Liked it so much the first time, we had to do it again.  It helps that my wife spent part of her younger years in Brooklyn.

Don't miss the traffic though!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 pm 

dbartman wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:Done the NYC vacation twice.  Liked it so much the first time, we had to do it again.  It helps that my wife spent part of her younger years in Brooklyn.

Don't miss the traffic though!

I just drove out of NY this morning.  Traffic wasn't too bad out of the Lincoln Tunnel at 8:15 AM this morning.  I was fearing that Baltimore or DC traffic would get me, but things didn't slow down until I was south of DC about half an hour as there was a car on fire.

NY City is a fun place.  I lived there for a while when I was young.  Me and the family saw the Broadway play Spiderman, and that was better than I imagined.  We also toured Grand Central Terminal, went to the top of the Rock, and saw the Macy's 4th of July fireworks show.  It is a fascinating and crowded place.  8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 am 

benjoshua wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:
throwi wrote in Ral Partha AD&D miniature collection completed:

~throwi

With traffic or without?   :wink:

30 min car ride to train station, 2 hours on the train.  Walking/subway from GC to most places (including my former work place, another 30 mins).  3 hours each way, 6 hours per day.  For 3 years.  ugh.

;-)

Never tried it by car all the way.

~throwi