Swords and Six-siders
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 pm 

Well the box arrived and I am having a blast going through the booklets...

Steve, I have to say this effort is tremendous... I love the simple mechanics, old-skool art, and value!

This is a neat set, I'll pick up a production version too.  Please post again with updates...  

Thanks for making it available!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:08 pm 

(2 years later, Rip Van Winkle awakens and...)

The new version of the S&SS Player's Book can now be downloaded at my company's website:

Vanquishing Leviathan LLC

The new boxed set will be released at NTRPGCon 2015, and available for order after that. Enjoy!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 pm 

If you're going to NTRPGCon this year, I just got a couple of S&SS games added to Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. I'll be running a S&SS funhouse dungeon crawl called "Demon Castle from Outer Space." Don't forget enrollment for NTRPGCon games starts tonight at midnight; I hope to see y'all there!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:18 am 

Looks/sounds cool! I like minimalism *except in beers.

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:03 pm 

The new S&SS GameMaster pdf is now available for download!

Vanquishing Leviathan LLC

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 am 

Box sets available? Will be after one....

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 pm 

I'll have the box sets by NTRPGCon 2015, and available over the internet a couple of naps later. :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:40 am 

Proof of life...

Here are the first two boxed sets I've made, including some never before seen art. The mullet gamer from the RC returns...

Also included is the cover for the adventure I will be running at NTRPGCon 2015: The Castle that Fell from the Sky. I'm not sure if it will be available by the Con, though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:03 pm 

I love my original box set.  It screams "Authentic old school!" from the rafters.  I would love to have it not scream when I am asleep, but it's not trained very well...

Mike  B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 am 

I picked mine up at NTX, too. It is a steal at the price. Don't miss it.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:50 am 

Badmike wrote in Swords and Six-siders:I love my original box set.  It screams "Authentic old school!" from the rafters.  I would love to have it not scream when I am asleep, but it's not trained very well...

Mike  B.

And Laggamundo would like to have his finger back, but what cha gonna do? :lol:

Thanks for the kind words; I regret I didn't set aside one of the proto-types for myself. Ah well, won't be making that mistake again!

Below are a couple of new things I've begun to print: S&SS character sheets (on goldenrod paper) and Pandora's Box.

The boxes aren't super sturdy or professionally printed or anything, they're candy boxes with adhesive labels. The new S&SS box is about 1" x 5&1/2" x 9&3/8", and the Pandora's Box is a larger box for folks looking to store digest-sized books (it is the same dimensions as the S&SS box, but is 2" deep instead of 1".)

I'm just now finding out the material cost and the amount of labor needed to make everything, since everything is assembled by hand. I don't have the pricing worked out yet, but I try to keep stuff cheap and affordable. The prices and manufacturing methods are definitely "Authentic old school!" :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:06 pm 

I have to say that I picked this up and NTRPG Con and really like it.

I'm curious, are any of the first boxed sets still available?  :D And when will the module be available.

I also want to point out that the Six-Sider it refers to is a six sided die.  When I first saw this, I took the Six-Sider to be a revolver and thought the game was a mash up of D&D and Boot Hill.  :oops:  I'm probably the only one that made that wild assumption but I did want to point that out just in case someone else hit their head really hard.   :roll:

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:46 pm 

outskirtsofinfiniti wrote in Swords and Six-siders:I'll have the box sets by NTRPGCon 2015, and available over the internet a couple of naps later. :D

Let us know when/if the boxed sets will be available for order please :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:17 am 

cdenham wrote in Swords and Six-siders:I have to say that I picked this up and NTRPG Con and really like it.

I'm curious, are any of the first boxed sets still available?  :D And when will the module be available.

I also want to point out that the Six-Sider it refers to is a six sided die.  When I first saw this, I took the Six-Sider to be a revolver and thought the game was a mash up of D&D and Boot Hill.  :oops:  I'm probably the only one that made that wild assumption but I did want to point that out just in case someone else hit their head really hard.   :roll:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

The OCE boxed sets sold out with a waiting list left hanging. Man, if I ever get my hands on one of those original boxed sets again, I'm putting it up on Ebay! :lol: Seriously, once I get the current set out there, if there is still demand for the original version, I'll probably end up do a second print run at some point. I think the new set is superior in every way, but I know some people gotta have a complete set.

So far you're the only one that's mentioned to me about associating six-siders with revolvers. :wink: At this point, it don't matter, because I already have a pile of boxed sets printed out and assembled. :D

I'm holding off on taking orders until I get the adventure done. I'm only several drawings away from completing it, and it won't take any time to print. It looks like I'll start taking orders this weekend or next week. I'll post here when its up.

In the meantime, if y'all like you can read the NTRPGCon play reports of S&SS at Vanquishing Leviathan LLC

I had a blast. Thanks Doug for posting my games at the last minute, and thanks to everyone who played. It would have been really embarrassing if no one had signed up!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 am 

Hello!  I introduced myself at NTX during the auction...

Sign me up for the new boxed set and module when it's ready.

Thanks,

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:46 pm 

DITTO  :bounce:  ... PLEASE  :D

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:41 pm 

You take orders here? :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:21 am 

would be a good idea;)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Next