LotFP
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm 

Joop van Ooms is a nice NPC portrait.  Lays out an interesting persona with magical artistry powers to put in a campaign and is pretty interesting to have just for that angle.

Death Love Doom was (if I am not mistaken) written to work out emotions from his divorce.  Its an interesting read but I don't think I would ever run it.

I have Scarecrow but must admit I haven't gone through it yet.

Carcosa is a very loose tool box for a pretty harsh setting.  There are some parts in it that people (understandably) take a lot of issue with, though really they are on the same level of offence, should you take it, as you would get reading through the Book of Ebon Bindings in Tekumel if that helps at all.

Red and Pleasant land is certainly worth a read through, especially if you liked Vornheim.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:24 am 

I hadn't noticed until recently how much the covers differ on the first three printings of Death Frost Doom

First print: Cover image is not full bleed, off-white paper stock, LotFP logo does not appear
Second print: Cover image is full bleed, LotFP logo does not appear
Third print: Cover image is full bleed, LotFP logo at the top

DeathFrostDoomCovers.jpg - Google Drive

The back covers are visually different as well

DeathFrostDoomReverse.jpg - Google Drive

Additionally, the map on the inside cover has unshaded "wall areas" on the first print, whereas this is black on the subsequent printings.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 am 

I received an e-mail with the following information which might interest some of you:

This month's discount is the big one: a bundle that includes every LotFP PDF, including older versions of the rules that haven't been available for years. 37 PDFs plus the 4 free ones, all for $100.10, which is well over $100 off the normal prices. (If you want the old Grindhouse or Deluxe editions, you can get them separately for $20 apiece, but I don't recommend it...)

If you've only dabbled with LotFP stuff before, this is your big chance to get it all. And I know from comparing sales figures to the number of people these emails reach that there are plenty of as-yet uncommitted dabblers. :D The bundle is available here: (LotFP Mega Sale [BUNDLE] - Lamentations of the Flame Princess | RPGNow.com).

This bundle is to raise money for participating in this year's Free RPG Day, and the bundle (and the old versions of the rules) disappears after February 19 (signup deadline), so jump quick if you're jumping. And if enough money is raised in time, that means on July1 there will be a new free PDF here if you aren't able to pick up a copy at your local Free RPG Day-participating game store. (Well, technically it'll be Pay What You Want, but if you helped finance the thing you shouldn't feel guilty about just taking it for free...!)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am 

The notice I received this morning -----

'allo...

Now available at the LotFP Webstore:

World of the Lost by Rafael Chandler (176 page hardcover + pullout map... very Africa, so sandbox)
Towers Two by Dave Brockie and Jobe Bittman (112 page full color hardcover... sleaze and sorcery!)
Green Devil Face #6 by Keigh, McCollum, Novoa, Paul, Sellar (32 page fanzine format!)

A Red & Pleasant Land and the Rules & Magic book are also available again.

GDF6 is limited to 240 copies, and we only have 400 copies of World of the Lost to sell.

Enjoy!

And it appears that copies are going quickly of the GDF6...

Carpe DM!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:58 pm 

So Slügs, LotFP's 2016 Free RPG Day module has been unleashed into the wild (3,500 copies distributed via FLGS and another 250 held in reserve for GenCon)

The distribution of Free RPG Day items is interesting. Normally a standard LotFP printing of, say, 2,000 copies takes many months/years to sell through multiple channels to people who are actually interested in it. In this case, 3,500 copies were handed out in a single day to people who may or may not care about it - especially those who receive it randomly.

Some number of copies have surely found happy homes with fans. Some number perhaps found their actual target audience, striking a chord with a someone unfamiliar with LotFP who checks out the other offerings. Some copies will get a shrug, and are redistributed via eBay (I've seen 4 copies show up there so far).

And the rest? Recycled? Forgotten in a box? Crumpled into a ball in disgust given the 'adult' nature?

A couple of years from now, will this printing of 3,750 end up being easier or harder to find than a printing of 2,000 copies of some other LotFP title (assuming Slügs is actually useful - I haven't read it yet as I wasn't able to get to a participating FLGS, so I have a copy coming from NKG)? Folks outside the US are going to have a harder time finding it regardless, given the US-centric distribution day 1.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:34 am 

Howdy i immediately jump on the topic: is there anyone who has 2 copies and want to part one with me?
Thanks and ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:52 am 

Howdy all, for any LotFP collector,  there is a special offer for pdf products here:

Bundle of Lamentations

The real question for you is a different one: in the list of items within this offer there are (again,  sigh! ) two books that i completely miss...  Pls have a look at the following titles: the pale lady and the squid the cabal and the old man.

Is there any of you with more details on these two books?

Thanks and ciaoo

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:56 pm 

I believe those were pdf-only releases a la Gingerbread Princess and Dungeon of the Unknown, and are both available at rpgnow for pretty cheap $$$.

In other news, has anyone seen the Carcosa modules that Geoffrey McKinney has published on lulu?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm 

Hurray!!!! My print copies of these crowdsourced LotFP modules arrived in NJ :D

The Pale Lady - Zzarchov Kowoloski (200 copies printed)
Lamentations of the Gingerbread Princess - Zzarchov Kowoloski (120 copies printed)
Dungeon of the Unknown - Geoffrey McKinney (140 copies printed)
The Squid, the Cabal and the Old Man - Bouchard, Green Jagosz, Novoa, Pook (140 copies printed)

Updated Lotfp Collector Checklist
LoftFP Products - Google Sheets

Photo
lotfp_prints.jpg - Google Drive

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:08 pm 

I missed out on a print copy of Dungeon of the Unknown - all the Dragonmeet copies had gone before I got there. But I do have a spare copy of Adventure #10. Would anyone like to trade?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:40 am 

vosarnath wrote in LotFP:I missed out on a print copy of Dungeon of the Unknown - all the Dragonmeet copies had gone before I got there. But I do have a spare copy of Adventure #10. Would anyone like to trade?

Just to make sure i understood: at the con,  all of the OOP stuff sold out or only Dungeon of the Unknown?

Thanks and ciaoo

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am 

I'm in the same boat. Several of the hard to get new things I'm unfortunately missing but I have duplicates of some of the older, rare items that I'd be willing to trade.  :)

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:53 am 

Unless someone got lucky and grabbed extras at Dragonmeet I doubt anyone has doubles of the new stuff since you had to back the kickstarter at a specific level to get all 4.  I am glad that I did that at the time so I have a copy of them, but I can't see most people willing to part with them.

If you all do need other lotfp stuff put up what you are looking for.  This is the one publisher I have been able to get at least 1 of everything they have ever put out with the exception of the monster cards from the BTAM crowdfunding campaign.  I have extras of some of the rarer stuff from buying lots to make that happen.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 pm 

Thanks for keeping and updating this killer list KilgoreX.

One thing - my second printing of Vornheim notes 4000 printed copies on the back of the book.  The list shows 5000.  

Thanks again - wish I had be savvy enough to buy into some of the crowdfunded LotFP stuff.  Oh well....

C.P.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:21 pm 

Sorry for being slow to come back to this thread.

Yes, all the OOP* stuff sold out at Dragonmeet. I don't know whether Jim kept any back - he tends to be a bit evasive about that kind of thing! DotU had gone by the time I arrived (an hour or so after the start), but Gingerbread Princess and Adventure #10 were still there. I picked up a copy of GP and the last copy of A10 even though I had already got it, in the forlorn hope that someone might want it and be willing to trade for DotU. When I asked Jim about DotU he suggested I look at the secondary market.

There were also print copies of Pale Lady and The Squid, the Cabal, and the Old Man. And pretty much everything else available on the LotFP website.

*Edit: hadn't appreciated that PL and SCOM fall into this category. I don't know whether they sold out, but there weren't many of them so I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:47 am 

Just got Broodmother Skyfortress (Jeff Rients).

Weird as always. Top quality as always.

F

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:15 pm 

Pre-orders are currently open (until Jan 28th) for the Free RPG day module Vaginas are magic

lotfp.com/store/index.php?route=product ... uct_id=234

48 page b/w A5-sized hardcover
Writing by James Edward Raggi IV
Art by Rosi Kämpe
Photography by Eliza Rask
Graphic Design by Jez Gordon
Props by Dean Clayton
Title Logo by Christopher Horst
Editing by Sesh Nefer Uy Phuy Ky

Read Carefully!

This is a pre-order/sponsorship for LotFP's 2017 Free RPG Day book. Pre-order ends January 28 11:59am Finland time!
Economy Shipping is included in the price... however, because we're not charging separately for shipping the system won't ask for a shipping address. Please write the shipping address in the order comments if it is different than your billing address, and you will need to specifically contact me if this changes before the book ships. The system does not notify me automatically if you change your account information.

The Signed edition, available exclusively here, will have a bookmark ribbon, and will be signed by writer James Edward Raggi IV, artist Rosi Kämpe, and the cover model Riina Himanen.

This book will be mailed Economy Class the week of June 12, 2017. They very likely will not arrive to your door in time for Free RPG Day. Not a lot I can do about that; there is no way to get an accurate prediction of how long deliveries take with Economy shipping, and books arriving before the day is a big no-no according to Free RPG Day rules. Pay-What-You-Want PDFs will be made available July 1. This book will be available from participating game stores for Free RPG Day. By buying this, you are helping subsidize free books for thousands of people around the world.

While we will have some extras to deal with lost or damaged copies, there won't be many, and they'll be disposed of locally after all sponsors get their copies.
Sponsors will be listed in the book. We will assume the name on the billing address of the order is what you want listed. If you want a different name, or if you don't want to be listed at all, leave a comment at the end of the order. Those ordering more than one copy will have their names highlighted, unless we are told not to do this. Of course, we hope hundreds of people will be on that one page so it's going to be pretty cramped. Because this is a pre-order and PDFs will not be immediately available, if you have the option of doing a bank transfer, please do that instead of using Paypal. That will save us over a euro per order.

What is Vaginas are Magic! ?

First the promo text:

FEMININE ANTI-COSMIC NIHILIST MAGIC OF DEATH

You have been lied to all your life. You've been told that magic is meant to be in the hands of old bearded men of kindly paternal disposition, protecting the status quo. You've been told about young men destined for greatness and learning to command power that is rightfully theirs. When women are shown to possess magical power, they are scantily clad Enchantresses, housewives duped by the devil, feeble old crones who hate the young, or precocious young girls eager to prove themselves to the boys.

Stories all constructed to comfort and pacify you. To give you heroes and role-models to rely on, to give you villains than you can sneer at and be confident of their defeat. They make you feel so safe.

But you are not safe.

Upon the solar winds ride the cosmic keys to our creation and times, received by women with but one desire: tear reality asunder. Now they have the means. They have always had the will. Existence is over.

Vaginas are Magic! is a book of blasphemous, dangerous magic featuring spells that only women characters can cast. It also includes a new magic system for use with Lamentations of the Flame Princess and all other traditional class-and-level tabletop role-playing games.

And then more information:

This is a book of 20 longform spells, a new magic system (a refinement of the one that appeared in the playtest document sent out to some customers last year), and a short essay about magic. Each spell has its description, a half dozen effects if the spell is improperly cast, and a full page illustration accompanying it. Yes, that's 20 pages of art.

Spells are each named after a metal song. Of the twenty spells, three have sexual content, and three of the twenty illustrations (one previewed on this page) could be considered explicit in that way. The title, cover, and promo text are the LotFP smartass fun promo sort of thing, but the jokes end when you open the book*. Straight up weird horror magic.

The book is done: All writing is complete. All art is complete. Editing is complete. Layout is 95% complete, we're still messing with stuff and dressing it up but we could go to press tomorrow if we had to.

* OK OK, it's a 48 page book, of course we make a couple bad jokes. We're all supposed to enjoy these things, the doing and the using, yes?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 am 

I'm always surprised that the LotFP stuff makes it past US Customs.   :lol:

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

PreviousNext