LotFP
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 am 

Ordered!  Thank you for the heads up :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:06 pm 

beasterbrook wrote in LotFP:this has just been reprinted ..along with #2..

Red Moon Medicine Show

Brette:)

I have been really enjoying this and the Croft 'zines.  LotFP has really taken my fancy.  I'm in the middle of writing up a good size sandbox setting and adventure for a dark winter campaign this year.  I have really enjoyed reaching back to pre-1984 Judges Guild and TSR adventures.  Lamentations has inspired a real quest to understand and experience some old school D&D.  I have played some classic adventures and first edition, but didn't really start playing until the early nineties during second edition, I digress.  I have over the past six months collected up about everything that is currently available and a deluxe boxset (without the adventures).  Recently I have been particularly enjoying No Salvation for Witches and The Seclusium of Orphone of the Three Visions.  I'm looking forward to the new referee book and a reprint of Vornheim (The Red and Pleasant Land by Zakk S. is fantastic).  What I love about most everything that I have purchased is that there is a toolbox quality that is heavily flavored, well...dark.  It has been a long time since I've been so inspired.  In short, the zines have been driving this fascination through the roof.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:42 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in LotFP:Backer rewards are out, still warm from the printer :)
Attachment:
DSCN2057.JPG

I'm interested in picking up a copy of A Single, Small Cut if anyone has one to part with.  :)

Or any of the older stuff as well! I'm beginning to really enjoy LOTFP too. It certainly adds darker flavor to things.  :)

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am 

cdenham wrote in LotFP:
Thunderdave wrote in LotFP:Backer rewards are out, still warm from the printer :)
Attachment:
DSCN2057.JPG

I'm interested in picking up a copy of A Single, Small Cut if anyone has one to part with.  :)

Or any of the older stuff as well! I'm beginning to really enjoy LOTFP too. It certainly adds darker flavor to things.  :)

Ohhh.. again! I missed the "single small cut" as well!!! Where/wheb was it available?!?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:43 am 

Howdy all, maybe i am wrong and i only have the  impression but it long time i havent heard from Jim about new products/releases or product schedule... or i maybe have missed something in the meantime!
What you oopinion?
Ciaooo

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:32 pm 

Hi Axel!  He sent a note out a couple weeks ago... advises he's working on getting caught up on outstanding projects and they're going to be bigger/better than promised.  I have a few items yet to come, so far I haven't been disappointed by anything LotFP :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:39 am 

Reprints of several hard-to-find Lamentations of the Flame Princess modules are currently available directly via the LotFP web store including Tales of the Scarecrow, The Magnificent Joop van Ooms and Death Love Doom. Carcosa has also been reprinted with a different cover and paper stock.

I've updated my checklist with these (linked below). The list also includes titles announced at one point or another that have not yet seen the light of day. Please post or PM any corrections.

LoftFP Products - Google Sheets

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:41 pm 

KilgoreX wrote in LotFP:Reprints of several hard-to-find Lamentations of the Flame Princess modules are currently available directly via the LotFP web store including Tales of the Scarecrow, The Magnificent Joop van Ooms and Death Love Doom. Carcosa has also been reprinted with a different cover and paper stock.

Overall, I like the quirky, weird, adventures produced by LotFP, but I would like to see some feedback about these adventures and which one(s) you recommend for reading moreso than playing.  I liked Doom Cave of the Crystal-Headed Children and Better than Any Man if that gives you any insight to what I thought was interesting.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm 

Joop van Ooms is a nice NPC portrait.  Lays out an interesting persona with magical artistry powers to put in a campaign and is pretty interesting to have just for that angle.

Death Love Doom was (if I am not mistaken) written to work out emotions from his divorce.  Its an interesting read but I don't think I would ever run it.

I have Scarecrow but must admit I haven't gone through it yet.

Carcosa is a very loose tool box for a pretty harsh setting.  There are some parts in it that people (understandably) take a lot of issue with, though really they are on the same level of offence, should you take it, as you would get reading through the Book of Ebon Bindings in Tekumel if that helps at all.

Red and Pleasant land is certainly worth a read through, especially if you liked Vornheim.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:24 am 

I hadn't noticed until recently how much the covers differ on the first three printings of Death Frost Doom

First print: Cover image is not full bleed, off-white paper stock, LotFP logo does not appear
Second print: Cover image is full bleed, LotFP logo does not appear
Third print: Cover image is full bleed, LotFP logo at the top

DeathFrostDoomCovers.jpg - Google Drive

The back covers are visually different as well

DeathFrostDoomReverse.jpg - Google Drive

Additionally, the map on the inside cover has unshaded "wall areas" on the first print, whereas this is black on the subsequent printings.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 am 

I received an e-mail with the following information which might interest some of you:

This month's discount is the big one: a bundle that includes every LotFP PDF, including older versions of the rules that haven't been available for years. 37 PDFs plus the 4 free ones, all for $100.10, which is well over $100 off the normal prices. (If you want the old Grindhouse or Deluxe editions, you can get them separately for $20 apiece, but I don't recommend it...)

If you've only dabbled with LotFP stuff before, this is your big chance to get it all. And I know from comparing sales figures to the number of people these emails reach that there are plenty of as-yet uncommitted dabblers. :D The bundle is available here: (LotFP Mega Sale [BUNDLE] - Lamentations of the Flame Princess | RPGNow.com).

This bundle is to raise money for participating in this year's Free RPG Day, and the bundle (and the old versions of the rules) disappears after February 19 (signup deadline), so jump quick if you're jumping. And if enough money is raised in time, that means on July1 there will be a new free PDF here if you aren't able to pick up a copy at your local Free RPG Day-participating game store. (Well, technically it'll be Pay What You Want, but if you helped finance the thing you shouldn't feel guilty about just taking it for free...!)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am 

The notice I received this morning -----

'allo...

Now available at the LotFP Webstore:

World of the Lost by Rafael Chandler (176 page hardcover + pullout map... very Africa, so sandbox)
Towers Two by Dave Brockie and Jobe Bittman (112 page full color hardcover... sleaze and sorcery!)
Green Devil Face #6 by Keigh, McCollum, Novoa, Paul, Sellar (32 page fanzine format!)

A Red & Pleasant Land and the Rules & Magic book are also available again.

GDF6 is limited to 240 copies, and we only have 400 copies of World of the Lost to sell.

Enjoy!

And it appears that copies are going quickly of the GDF6...

Carpe DM!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:58 pm 

So Slügs, LotFP's 2016 Free RPG Day module has been unleashed into the wild (3,500 copies distributed via FLGS and another 250 held in reserve for GenCon)

The distribution of Free RPG Day items is interesting. Normally a standard LotFP printing of, say, 2,000 copies takes many months/years to sell through multiple channels to people who are actually interested in it. In this case, 3,500 copies were handed out in a single day to people who may or may not care about it - especially those who receive it randomly.

Some number of copies have surely found happy homes with fans. Some number perhaps found their actual target audience, striking a chord with a someone unfamiliar with LotFP who checks out the other offerings. Some copies will get a shrug, and are redistributed via eBay (I've seen 4 copies show up there so far).

And the rest? Recycled? Forgotten in a box? Crumpled into a ball in disgust given the 'adult' nature?

A couple of years from now, will this printing of 3,750 end up being easier or harder to find than a printing of 2,000 copies of some other LotFP title (assuming Slügs is actually useful - I haven't read it yet as I wasn't able to get to a participating FLGS, so I have a copy coming from NKG)? Folks outside the US are going to have a harder time finding it regardless, given the US-centric distribution day 1.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:34 am 

Howdy i immediately jump on the topic: is there anyone who has 2 copies and want to part one with me?
Thanks and ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:52 am 

Howdy all, for any LotFP collector,  there is a special offer for pdf products here:

Bundle of Lamentations

The real question for you is a different one: in the list of items within this offer there are (again,  sigh! ) two books that i completely miss...  Pls have a look at the following titles: the pale lady and the squid the cabal and the old man.

Is there any of you with more details on these two books?

Thanks and ciaoo

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:56 pm 

I believe those were pdf-only releases a la Gingerbread Princess and Dungeon of the Unknown, and are both available at rpgnow for pretty cheap $$$.

In other news, has anyone seen the Carcosa modules that Geoffrey McKinney has published on lulu?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm 

Hurray!!!! My print copies of these crowdsourced LotFP modules arrived in NJ :D

The Pale Lady - Zzarchov Kowoloski (200 copies printed)
Lamentations of the Gingerbread Princess - Zzarchov Kowoloski (120 copies printed)
Dungeon of the Unknown - Geoffrey McKinney (140 copies printed)
The Squid, the Cabal and the Old Man - Bouchard, Green Jagosz, Novoa, Pook (140 copies printed)

Updated Lotfp Collector Checklist
LoftFP Products - Google Sheets

Photo
lotfp_prints.jpg - Google Drive

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:08 pm 

I missed out on a print copy of Dungeon of the Unknown - all the Dragonmeet copies had gone before I got there. But I do have a spare copy of Adventure #10. Would anyone like to trade?

PreviousNext