LotFP
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:13 pm 

nesbit37 wrote in LotFP:
cdenham wrote in LotFP:I've seen different covers for Carcosa.  Are there different printings?  If so, do you know the order by chance?

There is only 1 printing of Carcosa published by LotfP.  It gets confusing because I believe the cover of the PDF looks different than the physical book because of some bonding issue with the material they wanted to use for a metallic effect on the print copy (if I am remembering correctly).  There were two earlier printings of Carcosa, one with the offensive parts removed and one with them in, but these were not done by LotFP.

Believe it or not it was printed as a supplement for OD&D (though done in 2008 and of course not a sanctioned product).  It was even released as Supplement V.

The ones you are seeing online are almost certainly the LotFP version.  There were not too many of the other two created.  I haven't been looking that hard for them but I have only seen them pop up once or twice.  For the most information on Carcosa materials check here:

List of Carcosa products | Original D&D Discussion

The original versions (expurgated and unexpurgated) were digest printed by Geoffrey, constructed and stapled at his house, you could only order them through Geoffrey himself.  I had a bunch of these at one time but have sold them at NTRPG con over the years.  Doubt we'll ever see these printed again so they are an interesting collector's item.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 pm 

Backer rewards are out, still warm from the printer :)
Attachment:
DSCN2057.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 pm 

Have not received mine yet.  Covers look good!!!

Martin

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 pm 

All the backer copies were shipped two weeks ago, so hopefully the ones that haven't arrived yet will do so this week.

Today I released the PDF version, Pay What You Want so you can read it first and then decide how much it's worth to you:
The Doom-Cave of the Crystal-Headed Children - Lamentations of the Flame Princess | RPGNow.com

WWW ICQ YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 pm 

JimLotFP wrote in LotFP:The-DoomCave-of-the-CrystalHeaded-Children

Bloody right module. I was skeptical at first, thinking it would be hard to follow up on last year's, but I was wrong. Some high points:
1. thematic similarities to Alien (1979), & other reproductive rights issues.
2. we have met the beings on the other side, & I suspect they are literally us. (I'm misusing the word "literally," but in an intentional ironic way so it's cool.)
3. usable by DMs as a permanent reference work for a variety of random events as needed. Will be interesting as characters go about their PC lives while enjoying the results.  
4. my son Andrew likes it too.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:43 pm 

No Salvation for Witches: A Pay What You Want Book | Indiegogo

Running into the last three days of the No Salvation for Witches crowdfund.

The important points:

• Full color hardcover book, pay what you want
  • PDF delivered to backers the day after the campaign ends, book to press a week after that (we are on target!)
  • Beat the final campaign average and get an upgraded physical book (bookmark ribbon!) plus bonus content if we hit 10,000€ (perfect for collectors!)
  • Sample chapter to look at: nsfwpeek.pdf - File Shared from Box
  • LotFP Production quality with Rafael Chandler writing (Chandler's Teratic Tome, a Pay What You Want monster book if you need to preview his style Teratic Tome - Neoplastic Press | RPGNow.com )

More details at the campaign page.

WWW ICQ YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:16 am 

Noble Knight has print copies of Thulian Echoes for $10.95. This is less than it sold for via the Kickstarter (12 euros). Print run of 250 copies

Thulian Echoes

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:08 pm 

KilgoreX wrote in LotFP:Noble Knight has print copies of Thulian Echoes for $10.95. This is less than it sold for via the Kickstarter (12 euros). Print run of 250 copies

Thulian Echoes

Still available, I recommend this because a) collectors, this will be scarce... b) I love the premise - players find a journal detailing an expedition from 100o years ago, then when they read it, out come the pre-gens for them to play out the narrative... very meta-game :)  and c) very similar in tone and play to DCC, which I also love :)

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:10 pm 

Meanwhile, lots more LotFP hitting the streets... I picked up The Undercroft, a fanzine from Melsonian Arts Council in the UK, which is quite enjoyable and I recommend.

Anyone know of other third-party LotFP products/publishers?

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 am 

Here is a link to another third party writing for LotFP ruleset.  I'm looking forward to grabbing a reprint of the first and the second issue when available soon.

Red Moon Medicine Show: Vacant Ritual Assembly #1

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:59 pm 

this has just been reprinted ..along with #2..

Red Moon Medicine Show

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:51 pm 

Thanks!!  If anyone has an extra copy of the first print of issue 1 I'm interested.   :)

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:17 am 

Ordered!  Thank you for the heads up :)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:06 pm 

beasterbrook wrote in LotFP:this has just been reprinted ..along with #2..

Red Moon Medicine Show

Brette:)

I have been really enjoying this and the Croft 'zines.  LotFP has really taken my fancy.  I'm in the middle of writing up a good size sandbox setting and adventure for a dark winter campaign this year.  I have really enjoyed reaching back to pre-1984 Judges Guild and TSR adventures.  Lamentations has inspired a real quest to understand and experience some old school D&D.  I have played some classic adventures and first edition, but didn't really start playing until the early nineties during second edition, I digress.  I have over the past six months collected up about everything that is currently available and a deluxe boxset (without the adventures).  Recently I have been particularly enjoying No Salvation for Witches and The Seclusium of Orphone of the Three Visions.  I'm looking forward to the new referee book and a reprint of Vornheim (The Red and Pleasant Land by Zakk S. is fantastic).  What I love about most everything that I have purchased is that there is a toolbox quality that is heavily flavored, well...dark.  It has been a long time since I've been so inspired.  In short, the zines have been driving this fascination through the roof.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:42 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in LotFP:Backer rewards are out, still warm from the printer :)
Attachment:
DSCN2057.JPG

I'm interested in picking up a copy of A Single, Small Cut if anyone has one to part with.  :)

Or any of the older stuff as well! I'm beginning to really enjoy LOTFP too. It certainly adds darker flavor to things.  :)

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am 

cdenham wrote in LotFP:
Thunderdave wrote in LotFP:Backer rewards are out, still warm from the printer :)
Attachment:
DSCN2057.JPG

I'm interested in picking up a copy of A Single, Small Cut if anyone has one to part with.  :)

Or any of the older stuff as well! I'm beginning to really enjoy LOTFP too. It certainly adds darker flavor to things.  :)

Ohhh.. again! I missed the "single small cut" as well!!! Where/wheb was it available?!?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:43 am 

Howdy all, maybe i am wrong and i only have the  impression but it long time i havent heard from Jim about new products/releases or product schedule... or i maybe have missed something in the meantime!
What you oopinion?
Ciaooo

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:32 pm 

Hi Axel!  He sent a note out a couple weeks ago... advises he's working on getting caught up on outstanding projects and they're going to be bigger/better than promised.  I have a few items yet to come, so far I haven't been disappointed by anything LotFP :)

PreviousNext