LotFP
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 pm 

JimLotFP wrote in LotFP:... oh dear.

Odd, that's the reaction most people have to my posts. As long as we're on the topic of titles, why change "Fantasy F***ing Vietnam"? LotFp has so many great ones: Grindhouse Edition, Lamentations of the Gingerbread Princess, Better than Any Man, Death Love Doom, F*** for Satan, Tower of the Navelgazer, Another Sh***y Adventure...

Plus, I see no contradiction between a metal zine & the LotFP we know & love today. Here are two clear & convincing reasons why D&D goes with Rock&Roll:
The Linus Pauling Quartet - "Crom" (Official Video) - YouTube
The Linus Pauling Quartet's Assault on the Vault of the Ancient Bonglords [Official Video] - YouTube
Furthermore, the existence of Iron Maiden Clix.

In conclusion, FFV should be re-released with its original obscene title.

p.s. No worries about that other thing, I have now destroyed the evidence.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:07 am 

sauromatian wrote in LotFP:Odd, that's the reaction most people have to my posts. As long as we're on the topic of titles, why change "Fantasy F***ing Vietnam"?

At the time I changed it I thought Green Devil Face was going to be my ongoing RPG project so I wanted to establish a little continuity... didn't think FFV would be so good a title for an ongoing thing.

sauromatian wrote in LotFP:Plus, I see no contradiction between a metal zine & the LotFP we know & love today.

There's no contradiction, it's just that some of that writing (including some basic style choices) is just downright horrible and embarrassing. Not to mention I learn by doing so I didn't know half of what I was talking about. And that was 14 years ago, my tastes were different. And I don't even want to know how many bands and albums I thought were cool then that I never listened to again. eeeek.

But it got a lot of people into cool bands and even helped a band or two so it wasn't a complete loss. :)

sauromatian wrote in LotFP:In conclusion, FFV should be re-released with its original obscene title.

nah, I'll leave it alone.

WWW ICQ YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:27 am 

sauromatian wrote in LotFP: its original obscene title

Vulgar, sure; I think 'obscene' is rather harsh for such a ubiquitous adjective.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am 

ExTSR wrote in LotFP:Vulgar, sure; I think 'obscene' is rather harsh for such a ubiquitous adjective.

& an electric amplifier is a harsh thing to put on such a delicate instrument as a guitar.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:52 pm 

LotFP has a crowdfunding campaign going for the hardcover Ref book: LotFP Hardcover Referee Book | Indiegogo

Here's an update on what you get, and what you can get: LotFP: RPG: LotFP Ref Book Crowdfunding Campaign: What You Get, Where We're At

Lots of very limited print run rulebooks, adventures, and knickknacks, which should be right up the Acaeum's alley.

WWW ICQ YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:43 pm 

"2.000€ Goal "

The goal looks a lot easier if you read the dot as per English-language usage.

Then comes the Indiegogo boilerplate clause: "Do you think this campaign contains prohibited content? Let us know." Dear sirs, today I was shocked to find a product on your site which exhibits unrestrained weird-fantasy lovecraftiness, not to mention psychologically unsettling historiographic lasciviousness clearly prohibited by the Malleus Maleficarum. Please locate the producers of this filth for burning at the stake or other suitable disposal. Thank you.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 am 

Thunderdave wrote in LotFP:Me too :)

Anyone have a pic to share?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm 

Very cool!  Thanks Kilgore :)

I'm on board the project too, good luck James!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:45 pm 

Hey Guys,
I'm looking to purchase  a copy of Death Love Doom and Adventure 10.  IF you have an extra copy pm me.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:44 am 

Prufrock wrote in LotFP:Hey Guys,
I'm looking to purchase  a copy of Death Love Doom and Adventure 10.  IF you have an extra copy pm me.

Martin

Errr... what's Adventure 10?

Re to Death Love Doom, just write an email to James and he will provide you with an online store where you can still find it... (or i did so a couple of months ago and it worked!)

ciaooo

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:49 am 

CHUCK-a-CON Role Playing Games! has a print copy of Death Love Doom left.

Noble Knight should have some more Adventure #10s soon, and that'll be the last of them.

WWW ICQ YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 am 

JimLotFP wrote in LotFP:CHUCK-a-CON Role Playing Games! has a print copy of Death Love Doom left.

Noble Knight should have some more Adventure #10s soon, and that'll be the last of them.

Thanks James I grabbed the Death Love Doom.  Will check in with Aaron for the Adventure 10.

Martin

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am 

JimLotFP wrote in LotFP:...Noble Knight should have some more Adventure #10s soon, and that'll be the last of them.

Yes, you guys should grab this, disturbing and highly entertaining :) Jim's putting out some excellent stuff.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:27 pm 

Panhandlers Review: Lamentations of the Flame Princess Vol.3
Price: Free
Editor's Apartment Number: 418

The adventure starts with an encounter against a band of dark-elf & duergar slavers, known as the dreaded Abwhore. If the players manage to escape them, they find the gloomy land of Agalloch, where they may run up against the Dolorian. If this wretched creature doesn't manage to strangle them, the player characters can move on to explore the Cathedral to find the Crown. Hopefully your players will not be caught unawares by the webs of the Cryptopsy!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 am 

Congrats to James Raggi.  His kickstarter for the Referee Book grabbed 29.453 Euros!!!  Well done, James.  Looking forward to this book.

Martin

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:34 pm 

Noble Knight has adventure #10 now. I don't understand the high price though. What is it normally?

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in LotFP:Noble Knight has adventure #10 now. I don't understand the high price though. What is it normally?

It was never available on its own. It was a bonus item for high-level backers in a previous campaign, and NK has been kind enough to be a high-level backer for a few of my campaigns, so they get copies of this sort of thing.

WWW ICQ YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:58 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in LotFP:Noble Knight has adventure #10 now. I don't understand the high price though. What is it normally?

$11.95 a couple weeks ago... I think the 'Price Reduced' ballon is a bit cheeky.

PreviousNext