$3,000 Call of Cthulhu Edition
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in $3,000 Call of Cthulhu Edition:Have all the Reaper minis gone out?  I haven't received mine yet.  Except for Sophies  :)

All the Canadian orders were delayed, the had proccured a local distributer that did not work out.  They are shipping out soon.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 pm 

benjoshua wrote in $3,000 Call of Cthulhu Edition:

I bought into the Reaper Kickstarter because I thought it was an awesome deal, and because I wanted some of the minis.  I ended up selling the Vampire Kit for $150.00 plus postage and kept seven, large add-on minis.  What this means is that I ended up getting all my add on minis for negative $5.00 (In other words, I was paid to get what I wanted!).  Sure, there was a four month delay, but I was in no hurry.

I must also say that the quality of the minis are good.  I have yet to paint them, but I anticipate good success.  And this is from someone who has a large, lead, mini collection.  The advantages of light weight, resilience to damage, and reasonable cost are hard to beat.  If I were to start collecting minis all over, I would go with Bones.

I can see where some people have buyers remorse, or even a lot of people, but that was not my experience.   8)

Whoa, that's actually pretty nice then.  For free, you can't beat that deal.

My issue is that if I want plastic minis, I'll buy the painted ones put out by WOTC that you can buy bulk on ebay.  I prefer lead, though, so the thought of unpainted plastic was just a no-brainer for me.  But obviously you were happy with the deal so that's one on the positive side to counterbalance the negs I've heard.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:34 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in $3,000 Call of Cthulhu Edition:Have all the Reaper minis gone out?  I haven't received mine yet.  Except for Sophies  :)

Here's the schedule from today forward (ROW = Rest of World):

In short, the schedule from now appears to be roughly:
* Thursday: ROW (finish first book of 1500 orders)
* Friday: US (work second book of 1500 orders)

* Monday: ROW (start final book of 1100 orders)
* Tuesday: ROW (finish final book of 1100 orders)
* Wednesday: US (start third book of 1500 orders)
* Thursday: 4 July holiday
* Friday: probably light staff

* Week of 8 July: finish remaining US orders (about 6000)

They are starting with the smallest orders and working up to the largest for the most part.  My order had six different items.  The Vampire Kit is equal to one item.  If your order had seven or eight items and you live in the US, there's a good chance it will ship tomorrow.  You'll get an e-mail with a UPS tracking number.  Want to know anything else?   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:41 pm 

Badmike wrote in $3,000 Call of Cthulhu Edition:I prefer lead, though, so the thought of unpainted plastic was just a no-brainer for me.
Mike B.

Yeah, I am not giving up my lead minis.  I put a lot of hard work into painting most of them, plus there's the nostalgia factor.  These few Bones minis I kept are mostly dragons, a hydra, and a few demons, monsters that are bulky and heavy if properly sized in metal.  It's a compromise.  And if after painting them I don't like them, it's no big deal.   8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 pm 

Thanks for the insight fellas...

Actually benjoshua, since you asked,  there were a couple more projects for which I could use an update...  :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:29 pm 

My Bones (9 items) shipped out yesterday if that helps with any prognostications.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:29 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in $3,000 Call of Cthulhu Edition:Thanks for the insight fellas...

Actually benjoshua, since you asked,  there were a couple more projects for which I could use an update...  :)

I am not that good.   :geek:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:58 am 

Thunderdave,

My buddy ordered his the same day as mine and hasn't gotten them yet (mine came in this past Monday).  He ordered several upgrades/add-ons - I had but a couple of small add-ons over the Vampire level.

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:17 am 

Just received my Reaper Bones  package. The detail is excellent on these figures. They are soft light weight plastic, something like the FFG figures you see in Descent or DOOM, but the detail is a level above those. I've opened up about 3/5ths of mine so far and the only trouble I have had are a few bent swords (and only 2 or 3 so far). The owl-bear fig needs a weighted base. The green translucent figs are hard for me to make out the details. The plastic material reminds me of the old marx toys such as the vikings&knights or Fort Apache cowboys and indians.

I do think I will add bases to these figures. I have box loads of old heroclix and mage knight figures so I clip off an early MK fig and reused the base. It worked perfectly and I will just cover the base when I try to paint the fig.

Reaper has finally started talking to their customers and I think it has erased a lot of the anger and ill-will that their silence over these last few months has created. It was a hell of a deal even for these small figures and the people who went in for the gignormous figures have gotten quite a bargain as well.

The assortment of model types is fantastic, but I wouldn't have wanted a second vampire level set (basic assortment of around 240 figures) unless it was to put them up for sale. The people who stock-piled these basic sets for $100 a pop are going to make a mint.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 am 

I'm in over 4 bills (American, can't remember what it's like to have a real dollar anymore) and I have heard bupkis.

I ordered every mini (some twice) and I think I will wind up the anchorman on shipping...

If they had just sent an email asking for extra money for the vampire pledge shipping...I would have been all over it.

Instead I have the dubious claim to fame as biggest reaper fan, least appreciated.

In the end it doesn't matter but it is what it is....

Z

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:17 am 

I was just looking at the Cthulhu Wars (or whatever it is called) kickstarter again and the main thing that keeps me away from it are the early bird pledge levels. It is up to $40 more to get involved in the kickstarter now and I just think to myself 'F' This, they want to screw me out of more money for the same reward level because I'm late to the party. Hell, they don't need, or seem to really want, my money. I think this is one of the worst reward ideas I've ever seen for a kickstarter.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Previous