Fantasy Games Unlimited
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:38 am 

Mars wrote:Was that really all that is out for Star Ace?  I thought there were 10 or so items.  I seem to recall that TM had a lot - maybe I am confused with that one.  I thought Sandman was the best of the bunch.

TimeMaster had:

The boxed set
TimeTricks book
GM screen (plus adventure)
7 adventures (Assassin Queen, Terrible Swift Ford, Cleopatra Gambit, Temples of Blood, Crossed Swords, Sea Dogs of England, Whom the Gods Destroy)

I think that's everything Pacesetter released, at least.

Orphyte may have released some adventures of their own after they bought the rights, but I don't know for certain.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 pm 

g026r wrote:
TimeMaster had:

The boxed set
TimeTricks book
GM screen (plus adventure)
7 adventures (Assassin Queen, Terrible Swift Ford, Cleopatra Gambit, Temples of Blood, Crossed Swords, Sea Dogs of England, Whom the Gods Destroy)

I think that's everything Pacesetter released, at least.

Orphyte may have released some adventures of their own after they bought the rights, but I don't know for certain.

Plus:

Clash of Kings, Partisans from the Shadows, and Timestorm.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:Plus:

Clash of Kings, Partisans from the Shadows, and Timestorm.

I own(ed) some of those, so you'd think I'd be able to remember them. :oops:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

I think they just bought out the stock. Though I have seen it othe places. In fact, I just picked up:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

and

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Gee I hope you didn't break the bank with those purchases. Hefty prices you paid. :jocolor:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:56 am 

Here are scans of the two 54-50'-Orphyte sheets that are in the Wabbit's Wevenge box:

This one is actually more of a fluorescent orange in color but scanned yellow:

This one is bright yellow:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:28 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
Big Pacesetter fan here. Chill was an excellent game. In fact, you can use Chill products as supplements for your CoC campaign. I have never cared for the Mayfair version. Mayfair really lost the "spirit" of Chill and tried way too hard to make it a true Horror rpg.

Timemaster was ok, Star Ace - not so much. TM and SA only had a handful of products and went up against some pretty tough competition at the time. SA never had a chance and TM just never stuck.

All Pacesetter rpgs use the same rule mechanic so they are easy to learn.

They also produced a game called Sandman - simply awesome. Problem was that it came out just before Pacesetter disappeared.

Pacesetter also produced two stand alone games (board games) Wabbit Wampage and Black Morn Manor - both of which I highly recommend. I think Wabbit had a follow-up called Wabbit Wevenge, but I don't have it and have never spent the time search it out. Probably should though because I think that would be the last item for my Pacesetter collection.  :D

I will be adding all the Pacesetter stuff to the Acaeum Wiki over the next couple weeks. Just finished scanning all the pics for upload.

I really need to find out who has the rights to Chill at this time....Mayfair is gone - bought by daVinci Games who I know nothing about.

So I sent an e-mail to Don Bingle and I asked him what he knew about Chill and Mayfair games. He said:

Mayfair is the company that bought the copyrights and trademarks to Chill from Pacesetter's secured creditor, just as 54-40' Orphyte, Inc. was the company that bought the copyrights and trademarks to Timemaster, Sandman, Star Ace, and the Wabbit games.  Where Chill has gone from Mayfair, I do not know.  I heard last August that someone was putting out a web version of it.

Orphyte has since sold its rights to Star Ace and the Wabbit games.  We still own Timemaster and Sandman.  We still have stock of both, as well as small amounts of Chill inventory we got from a wholesaler years ago.

Donald J. Bingle
Author of GREENSWORD:  A Tale of Extreme Global Warming

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:35 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:Where Chill has gone from Mayfair, I do not know.

The rights to Chill are currently in the possession of one of the companies putting out 3rd-party CoC modules.  I think it's the one that put out "Murder of Crows", but I can't remember their name or be certain.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:01 pm 

I never played Chill after discovering CoC:  was it any good?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:27 pm 

54 40' orphyte also produced stock code #3016 Darkest Before the Dawn in 1992.

Previous